DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
2 members and 517 guests
beatle, BlackHatch
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
London Olympics Logo?
Unread
  (#1)
Curiouser and curiouser

London Olympics Logo? - June 4, 2007, 09:32 PM

Or Lisa blowing Bart?

The London 2012 logo: the blogosphere is angry

from www.metro.co.uk
Monday, June 4, 2007

The internet has seen the London 2012 logo - and frankly, they don't like it.
The following is an entirely representative sample of what bloggers and Twitterers were saying about the pink, jagged bit of 'branding' that cost £400,000:

'OMG! The 'London 2012' logo makes me want to pluck out my eyes. And it's going to be everywhere I work. I may die. Or kill. Or both.' Reynolds, Twitter

'I would say I'm left speechless but it's more muttering and bashing my head against my keyboard… Fear not, should you not like pink though as it comes in a further variety of vomit inducing colours – yes, it's a pick and choose wreck of a logo.' www.diaryofawebsite.com

'Despite the fact that if you squint it looks a bit like a couple engaging in an act of oral sex and despite the fact that one of the Londonist co-editors described it as a "joke", I really like it. To those of you who agree with me - I fear we might be part of an oppressed minority for the next five years.' Ben, londonist.com

'The 2012 London Olympics logo looks like bad stone age art.' dfl, Twitter

'There were lots of good things about the 80s. Style was not one of them. And yet, this identity screams 1985 at me like a dodgy set of legwarmers.' minxlj.tumblr.com

'This logo is f***ing s***. Feel free to quote me. It doesn't look like 2012 (which is apparently what it's based on) and it doesn't look professional: it does, however, look like a f***ing disaster area, so it probably suits the Olympics rather well.' devilskitchen.me.uk

'Can you imagine how *old* that Olympics 2012 logo is going to look in 2012? It's from 1992. Or 1982.' ruperthowe, Twitter

'How much of my money did they blow on this pink day-glo pig's abortion of a logo, I wonder?' mreugenides.blogspot.com

'The whole thing is a great big steaming pile of cack, and the logo is no better either. Frankly, the guy who designed the 'Tiswas' logo should sue!' scotsandindependent.blogspot.com

Cheers

2004 Ducati ST3
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Full spin ahead.

June 5, 2007, 10:59 AM

This is a cry for help. The U.N. should donate foreign aid funds to the UK to be used for design scholarships.

Some BBC show aired some user-submitted alternatives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W_gInR3gXs

(lol, goatse!)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to scarab  
Unread
  (#3)
Track Addict

June 5, 2007, 09:10 PM

Not only is it a bad logo, just think... there were other logos that were turned down before they opted to go with this one. Can you imagine that it indeed gets worse than this?!

NESBA #12

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sooperman12 Send a message via MSN to sooperman12  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner of the Site Owner

June 5, 2007, 09:41 PM

wtf is it supposed to be

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#5)
Warming up the tires

June 5, 2007, 10:16 PM

it is suppose to be:

for 2012 - the year of the olympics in London

naked blue 2003 SV1000
red 2014 Honda Interceptor - VFR 800

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to bike4fun  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner of the Site Owner

June 6, 2007, 06:27 AM

800k for that thing is ridiculous - what a joke

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#7)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
June 6, 2007, 08:29 AM

Its not completely hidious but I am really suprised this is what they went with. The second two needs to mimic the first more and they could soften the edges so it is a bit more appealing. Also, pink as the main color is a bad move.

Leslie

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs