DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 631
4 members and 627 guests
GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Looking for an apartment in NE DC (2 Bedrooms) - Referrals?
Unread
  (#1)
Cager

Looking for an apartment in NE DC (2 Bedrooms) - Referrals? - January 28, 2015, 02:23 PM

Good afternoon all,

My fiancee and I are getting out of our current residence on February 28th so we currently are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in NE DC to move in on March 1st.

I have been exploring Craigslist mostly and I thought I should ask you all DMV people see if you guys know anyone who can help us.

We are looking at two places this weekend, but we will gladly look at few more. Trying to get the best bang for buck considering we may stay in DC for a long while.

What we are looking for:
-2 bedrooms
-1 bathroom minimum (obviously lol)
-Rent needs to be $1,200 or less per month
-2-cats friendly
-NE DC (Near Gallaudet University on Florida Ave and 8th St NE)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpetologist

January 28, 2015, 02:27 PM

I assume you mean $1200 per bedroom?

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#3)
Stop light racer...

January 28, 2015, 02:38 PM

Yikes, a 2 bedroom for $1,200 in NE DC ... this has sketchy neighborhood written all over it. Finding a decent 1 bedroom for $1,200 is tough enough.

Your next post will be "BOLO 2007 Yamaha R6"

Sorry, i got jokes today..

- Norway Daily, 90' VFR750, V4 Touring Beast
- USA Daily, 08' Versys - Urban Assault vehicle
- Toy, 02' Ducati 900ss - Loud and angry noises
- Toy, 89' FZR600 - Raw Inline Deathbox
- Project, 91' CB250 - Goal: lightweight city bike
- Project, 79' CB350 - Finally runs, now to finish

- Sold, Red 94' VS800 - Loud as F@*$
* R.I.P. Blue 06' SV650, murdered by DC!
* R.I.P. Black 98' FZR600, murdered by DC!
- Sold, Red 81' GS650
- Sold, Black 81' CM400T

Last edited by pnbell; January 28, 2015 at 02:43 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

January 28, 2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarvisB View Post
Good afternoon all,

My fiancee and I are getting out of our current residence on February 28th so we currently are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in NE DC to move in on March 1st.

I have been exploring Craigslist mostly and I thought I should ask you all DMV people see if you guys know anyone who can help us.

We are looking at two places this weekend, but we will gladly look at few more. Trying to get the best bang for buck considering we may stay in DC for a long while.

What we are looking for:
-2 bedrooms
-1 bathroom minimum (obviously lol)
-Rent needs to be $1,200 or less per month
-2-cats friendly
-NE DC (Near Gallaudet University on Florida Ave and 8th St NE)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For $1200, you're not going to find much.
The area you have identified is a hot spot right now ringed by the completion of NoMA, H St. redev near completed, and now with Ivy City's ground breaking it is staged for ethnic gentrif ... I mean targeted redevelopment and boosted rents.

The best you can probably do is find a basement apartment in a Wardman or possibly a so-so Federal Style but it'll be a shady area.

You would probably have more luck by looking about 2 miles East, further down Benning Rd nearer the Stadium or going the other direction towards Rhode Island Ave bracketed by Franklin St. NE but before South Dakota Ave. (I forget what the area is called) near the park. My Father lived there for about 5 years. Quiet neighborhood.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Cager

January 28, 2015, 09:01 PM

You guys are hopeless... no offense LOL

I found a few for $1,100 to $1,200. I thought maybe some of you would throw some extra options my way and instead you say it is not possible Yes, it will be in the Trinidad area or near it and I don't mind that. I spent 4 years in the area attending Gallaudet University. I have lived on Florida Ave, Montcello Ave, and Oates St throughout those years. No problem other than 2 stolen GSXRs. I am not going to keep my bike around DC, enough said.

I am looking at a few ones mostly near the Bladensburg NE and Maryland Ave intersection.

A lot of 1 bdr spots are going for $900-$1000. Some decent 2br could go for $100-$300 more depending on the location. Plenty of 1br are struggling to get occupied when asking price goes over $1k unless it really is a gem. I have been monitoring for more than a month now and I have seen some of them drop their prices as much as $100 already.

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now
Unread
  (#6)
Cager

January 28, 2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
You would probably have more luck by looking about 2 miles East, further down Benning Rd nearer the Stadium or going the other direction towards Rhode Island Ave bracketed by Franklin St. NE but before South Dakota Ave. (I forget what the area is called) near the park. My Father lived there for about 5 years. Quiet neighborhood.
Yeah I am trying to avoid any further east past the Maryland Ave, Bladensburg and H Street intersection. I like how accessible and quick I can get to 395 from H Street or any adjacent streets. I work in Fort Belvoir so 395 access is very important to me and my fiancee is teaching middle school on the Gallaudet University campus so this area is ideal for us. Basically anywhere west of Maryland Ave NE and east of maybe 6th Street NE in the NE area is good for us.

-J. Beaver
--bike-less for now