DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 666
2 members and 664 guests
davidcycle, WvGoDFather
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Looking for Bathroom remodling and tile regrouting recommendation
Unread
  (#1)
I wanna Ride !

Looking for Bathroom remodling and tile regrouting recommendation - May 17, 2009, 07:47 PM

Hello All,

I'm looking for for recommendations on companies that you may have used for the following.

*Bathroom remodling (re-tile of shower enclosure or installation of fiberglass shower enclosure)
*drywall repair

*re-grout of tile floors and sealant

Thanks in advance.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
done for now...

May 17, 2009, 07:58 PM

I can do all of those things except i have no experience in the fiberglass enclosure but shoudn't be too hard and is it an enclosure or a tub surround?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Meet your Maker

May 17, 2009, 08:08 PM

Mason Neck Contracting
703 472 8868

tell him michael told you about it

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#4)
I wanna Ride !

May 18, 2009, 11:18 AM

Thanks for those that have advised.
Would like more recommendations please.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 18, 2009, 11:20 AM

What kind of drywall repairs is it?

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

May 18, 2009, 11:27 AM

My landlord does tile work, you may be able to work out a good deal with him. All I know is that he works independently and does a really good job from what I've seen. Send me a PM if you want his number.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Serial Killer

May 18, 2009, 11:54 AM

Go to a 7-11 nearby; you may find 20 or 30 folks to choose from.

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#8)
Tough guy

May 18, 2009, 12:08 PM

I use this referral service often! Highly recommeded!
http://www.servicemagic.com
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

May 18, 2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux View Post
I use this referral service often! Highly recommeded!
http://www.servicemagic.com
+1 i used them also.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 18, 2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
+1 i used them also.
I am just curious if You and/or Cam actually hired a contractor from there. The reason I ask is I just cancelled our Service magic account because the leads we got were mostly bogus. Everytime somebody would request a quote and it was sent to us it cost between $30 and $50 a time and was sent out to 2 other flooring contractors. We would call customers back and they would say they weren't ready or they were just putting stuff in the info boxes to get info. We spent thousands of dollars over 6 months for this service and got one sale.

The bad part about this service for us was that as long as it was a valid phone number or email, we had to pay the fee, even if it was bogus, that is why I am wondering if you had a good experience with an actual person you hired, because I know a lot of people are bailing on Service Magic because of this.

Sorry Viv. Not trying to hijack your thread.

Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#11)
Tough guy

May 18, 2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
I am just curious if You and/or Cam actually hired a contractor from there. The reason I ask is I just cancelled our Service magic account because the leads we got were mostly bogus. Everytime somebody would request a quote and it was sent to us it cost between $30 and $50 a time and was sent out to 2 other flooring contractors. We would call customers back and they would say they weren't ready or they were just putting stuff in the info boxes to get info. We spent thousands of dollars over 6 months for this service and got one sale.

The bad part about this service for us was that as long as it was a valid phone number or email, we had to pay the fee, even if it was bogus, that is why I am wondering if you had a good experience with an actual person you hired, because I know a lot of people are bailing on Service Magic because of this.

Sorry Viv. Not trying to hijack your thread.
I use them all the time. I just had a gutter repair last month. I have never paid for servicemagic services. The follow up and referrals have always worked out for me. I have used their referred contractors for (over 7 years and 4 properties):

Electrical wiring
A/V Cabling and Wiring
Painting
Moving
Gutter repair
Kitchen remodeling
A/C repair/replacement
Deck
Maid
Siding/Trim wrapping
Laminate flooring

I wonder if your referring to the same company.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#12)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 18, 2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux View Post
I use them all the time. I just had a gutter repair last month. I have never paid for servicemagic services. The follow up and referrals have always worked out for me. I have used their referred contractors for (over 7 years and 4 properties):

Electrical wiring
A/V Cabling and Wiring
Painting
Moving
Gutter repair
Kitchen remodeling
A/C repair/replacement
Deck
Maid
Siding/Trim wrapping
Laminate flooring

I wonder if your referring to the same company.
No, see the difference is you are USING the FREE referrals. The company you used had to pay the fee. I was one of those type companies. It is indeed the same Service Magic. I am glad you had good service with them. One day when the economy improves I may go back to contracting for them. That is why I was asking.

Unread
  (#13)
Tough guy

May 18, 2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
No, see the difference is you are USING the FREE referrals. The company you used had to pay the fee. I was one of those type companies. It is indeed the same Service Magic. I am glad you had good service with them. One day when the economy improves I may go back to contracting for them. That is why I was asking.
I C. It's usually the second place i look. Right after .net
Unread
  (#14)
USSA

May 18, 2009, 01:11 PM

my gramps has been a master craftsman for like 30+ years. I'm sure he'll help you out. pm me if you're interested with the location and i'll talk to him.

I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

May 18, 2009, 02:44 PM

Guzz, i used them for a general "mr fix it" type of guy. He came out and cleaned out my gutters. Then i had him fix a few PIA things around my house.

Did a super job.

2nd time was for some trench digging on the sides of my house to help with a water build up problem. again guys did great work.

so only twice for me.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud