DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
1 members and 538 guests
Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Lost a Buddy R.I.P
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Lost a Buddy R.I.P - April 10, 2008, 08:47 AM

Well, with owning a pet it is an eventual expectation that you will have to loose them during your life time.

Last night we were told that my first kitten, Simon, that I got since living on my own out of college has cancer. He is only 8 years old. I knew something was wrong last week b/c we started feeling his spine when we pet him and he doesnt come upstairs to the bed anymore. Usually he wakes us up every night wanting attention...

Very sad.. He is still eating and has some energy, but in small pockets. Probably w/in the next week or so we will have to say goodbye. Weighing how long to spend time with him vs not letting him suffer is the worst.

He still jumps up on the sink for water, eats a little food when we are around. And does lap kitty in the living room, just not nearly as much.

Not a good year for animals for our family.
If you recall, we lost the family dog last november.

Farewell to the family (parents) dog RIP

We have another cat that is 9 years old and she is fine. I will be worried once Simon is gone, b/c she might get depressed. My mom when she was younger had two indoor cats. Once the first died, the second totally changed her behavior from never wanting to go outside, to sneaking out and neve came back. We assume she went to look for the other cat..

Anyway, below is a pic of our loving, drooling when you pet him, lap kitty. His favorite thing is to body slam you with his back side to make sure you know he wants to be petted..

I love my animals, and I love our buddy Simon. Once we have to say goodbye, i will post in here..

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
God Made Me Wrong

April 10, 2008, 09:13 AM

Sorry, Alex

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

April 10, 2008, 09:15 AM

Damn Alex, sorry to hear.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
TEAM.SUKUZI

April 10, 2008, 09:15 AM

=(

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#5)
NOM NOM NOM

April 10, 2008, 09:16 AM

(T.T)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

April 10, 2008, 09:17 AM

I'm sorry Alex . He did have a good home and good life with you though. Hopefully you can give a good home to another deserving cat in the future.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#7)
Happiness Consultant

April 10, 2008, 09:18 AM

that sucks bro

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#8)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

April 10, 2008, 09:28 AM

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#9)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
April 10, 2008, 09:40 AM

sorry bro...

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#10)
Nubbs ban yourself!

April 10, 2008, 10:14 AM

That just sucks! I feel for you big time. I will probably be posting a story in the near future myself!
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

April 10, 2008, 10:15 AM

The cycle of life includes death. Still, it is sad. I believe it is Ravi Zacharias who said the key to meaning in life is found in relationships, and I agree with him. My condolences, Spud.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

April 10, 2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totnac
totnac has been using a pic of my other cat as his avatar...

thanks all..just venting cause it sux to loose a family member.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#13)
Spike

April 10, 2008, 11:34 AM

I'm sorry Alex, losing a pet is really hard. I doubt anyone can say anything that will make you feel better.

Poor kitty.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#14)
Asstastic

April 10, 2008, 11:37 AM

....dang, my deepest sympathy and empathy. Same happened to my dear Akasha in October of '06...... I have several of her pictures at my office.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#15)
MSF Student

April 10, 2008, 12:57 PM

I am so sorry to hear this! But thankful for you that you have some time to say goodbye. Last January I had to put my cat down very suddenly and still never found out exactly the cause, but I think it was FIV. And she was only 4. So I know how hard it must be to know you have to lose him so young.

Same situation though - first kitten I had out of college. I miss her a good deal, but i took my time in finding a new friend and now I love her just as much. I hope the same will happen for you!

All the best to you in this difficult time.

-Erin

2003 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
www.flickr.com/photos/erin_lassahn
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to DucatiHotti