DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 581
4 members and 577 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Lost respect
Unread
  (#1)
That-boy-wonder

Lost respect - July 31, 2010, 03:26 AM

What's up fellas and ladies...

I was coming down 895 the other morning (430am) and witnessed the moat embarrassing thing that can happen to an officer. There were 5 cars coming down with the first car obviously speeding...she had to be doing 70 when she passed me and approached the officer. He was parked at the on ramp about a mile from the 295 ramp...so as soon as he clocked her he turned his lights on and she jumped on the breaks heavily. Well the 4 other cars following had to pass him b4 he could get out and then he cracked down on the hemi in the charger. A few moments later...me being the snitch I slowed completely down so he had more then enough space to get the lady who ducked in front of me. Well he came up jumped behind her...thought for a minute then jumped from behind her and ran up on a car exiting...after he was committed to the exit and figured out that the car he was behind on the exit wasn't who he was looking for...u saw his hands slap the steering wheel.....

That's the most bogus, lucky, and everything else u can imagine type of ish...and had it been me he would of knew who he was chasing...(FYI this is the Balt harbor pd or whatever they are called)... Spud and Gogo...can y'all please explain how this happened...I don't run traffic so I'm flabbergasted about it and how he blew that 15 over ticket so badly....in my job when a possible for a car passes me I verify the last 3-4 of the tag as it passes and that way when I'm on top of it I can finish the rest....please entertain me

*not a officer bashing post to let u all know in advance*

01 GSXR-750 - tracked by "udntno235"
07 GSXR-750 (New hotness!!)

RIP: Angie "A-Boogie" Johnson
12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC
http://www.metafor.com
http://shop.metafor.com

-"I'll cut you too short to shit"-
-"Only God can control my destiny, so I'm rolling on and looking thru the next turn"-
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

July 31, 2010, 04:02 AM

i always keep a box of donuts on me to get out of speeding tickets

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
My R1 Eats My Adobo!

July 31, 2010, 04:47 AM

Well, OBVIOUSLY we have a rapist in Lincoln Park.
He's climbing in your windows, snatching your people up, trying to rape 'em
so y'all need to hide your kids, hide your wife,
and hide you husband cuz they raping everybody out here!

'07 R1 Charcoal
'04 R6 Liquid Silver - Sold
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 31, 2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboii1der View Post
What's up fellas and ladies...

I was coming down 895 the other morning (430am) and witnessed the moat embarrassing thing that can happen to an officer. There were 5 cars coming down with the first car obviously speeding...she had to be doing 70 when she passed me and approached the officer. He was parked at the on ramp about a mile from the 295 ramp...so as soon as he clocked her he turned his lights on and she jumped on the breaks heavily. Well the 4 other cars following had to pass him b4 he could get out and then he cracked down on the hemi in the charger. A few moments later...me being the snitch I slowed completely down so he had more then enough space to get the lady who ducked in front of me. Well he came up jumped behind her...thought for a minute then jumped from behind her and ran up on a car exiting...after he was committed to the exit and figured out that the car he was behind on the exit wasn't who he was looking for...u saw his hands slap the steering wheel.....

That's the most bogus, lucky, and everything else u can imagine type of ish...and had it been me he would of knew who he was chasing...(FYI this is the Balt harbor pd or whatever they are called)... Spud and Gogo...can y'all please explain how this happened...I don't run traffic so I'm flabbergasted about it and how he blew that 15 over ticket so badly....in my job when a possible for a car passes me I verify the last 3-4 of the tag as it passes and that way when I'm on top of it I can finish the rest....please entertain me

It was dark and she was doing 70, you expected him to see the tag? Sounds like he was premature with the lights, she got on the brakes and got lost in the traffic, or at least enough so that he was unsure of who his target was. I have done that when spotting someone driving reckless a ways ahead of me. When I get up there, I see two cars that look similar and of course now they are driving normal. Not gonna write the wrong guy a ticket, so I cut bait. Meh, win some lose some.
Unread
  (#5)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 31, 2010, 08:12 AM

this thread is stupid
Unread
  (#6)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 31, 2010, 10:12 AM

human errors
Unread
  (#7)
Ton Up!

July 31, 2010, 11:06 AM

Can't be caught.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#8)
That-boy-wonder

July 31, 2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGadget

It was dark and she was doing 70, you expected him to see the tag? Sounds like he was premature with the lights, she got on the brakes and got lost in the traffic, or at least enough so that he was unsure of who his target was. I have done that when spotting someone driving reckless a ways ahead of me. When I get up there, I see two cars that look similar and of course now they are driving normal. Not gonna write the wrong guy a ticket, so I cut bait. Meh, win some lose some.
Cool...I can understand that...so tell me, when u running radar and a car rubs past or across you...do you verify car first then pursue???

That's atleast what I/we do...see car, try to get a partial on the tag and pursue...

12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC

-"Only God can control my destiny, so I'm rolling on and looking thru the next turn"-
Unread
  (#9)
That-boy-wonder

July 31, 2010, 03:02 PM

Tlr...sorry it didn't meet your standards...

Naked...there are some like that...damn shame!!!!

12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC

Unread
  (#10)
Groping is a skill...

July 31, 2010, 03:33 PM

Shit happens. I rather the cop not stop someone innocent if they are not sure than to just take a chance.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

July 31, 2010, 04:27 PM

one time me and my friend were messign around, not racing but just going fast, about 110 back in the day. We pass a cop parked on the side going ~105. I saw him pull out with his lights on. We kept our speed constant and go over a hill. My friend figured he was so far ahead (couldnt see cop anymore) that he would just blend in. When cop caught up to him, he was able to identify him and pull him over. I decided tot ake th exit. When the cop piulled him over and asked what color my car was, I always wondered how he was able to identify my friends car bc he had no clue what i was driving. Im sure he could have used that as a defense during his court date, but considering the speeds i think he got off really easy.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

July 31, 2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Cool...I can understand that...so tell me, when u running radar and a car rubs past or across you...do you verify car first then pursue???

That's atleast what I/we do...see car, try to get a partial on the tag and pursue...

Verify what? If the car just rubbed my cruiser, I would hope that I have a firm idea of exactly which car it is that just hit me. Of course you always get tag info as soon as you can. I just know that I can't get it in the dark when cars are zipping past me at 70mph. Guess you are better than me.
Unread
  (#13)
Agitator

July 31, 2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGadget

Verify what? If the car just rubbed my cruiser, I would hope that I have a firm idea of exactly which car it is that just hit me. Of course you always get tag info as soon as you can. I just know that I can't get it in the dark when cars are zipping past me at 70mph. Guess you are better than me.
Perfect response...but I think he meant "runs" past you. I would hope if he rubbed you, you could ID the car!

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#14)
Derpentine Dealer

July 31, 2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I know it's in vogue to say "in advance" these days but in fact, you let us know after the fact that your post was not officer-bashing. You told the story and then ended with this. That's not in advance... just sayin'.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#15)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

July 31, 2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I know it's in vogue to say "in advance" these days but in fact, you let us know after the fact that your post was not officer-bashing. You told the story and then ended with this. That's not in advance... just sayin'.
well for all intensive purposes, when you're typing at a high rate of acceleration, sometimes these things just slip by you...

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you