DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
1 members and 551 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Loudoun Crime Report
Unread
  (#1)
Ballaugh Bridge

Loudoun Crime Report - July 21, 2007, 10:53 PM

A recent rash of ‘car hopping’ has the Loudoun Sheriff’s Office sending a reminder to county residents to lock their vehicles when left unattended.

In the past week an estimated $14,170 in property has been removed from vehicles in Sterling, Ashburn and the Dulles South area. All of the vehicles were left unlocked. Items removed include satellite radios, cellphones, digital cameras and MP3 players.

According to the Sheriff’s Office larcenies from vehicles are most often a crime of opportunity. “Locking your vehicle and removing or concealing high dollar items will greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim,” said Loudoun Sheriff Steve Simpson. He also advised residents to park in well lit areas, activate your alarm system or use anti-theft devices, and report any suspicious activity to the Loudoun Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-1021. According to the agencies Crime Analyst Unit these types of thefts often take place at night and are most often committed by juveniles.

In Sterling several vehicles parked on Wrightwood Place, Greencastle Road, Pheasant Run Court, West Meadowland Lane, Sugarland Run Drive, Cedar Drive, Charing Court, Duckspring Way, Fenton Wood Drive, Dudley Court and Darian Court. A dark skinned male was observed by a resident inside a vehicle around 2 AM on July 19th on Glengyle Lane. He fled the scene.

In Ashburn several areas were hit in the last few days. Three unlocked vehicles were entered Zachary Lane on July 18th. Other area hit were Wild Ginger Terrace and Milestone Square. A resident observed an unknown suspect in their vehicle around 1:40 AM on Wednesday.

The Dulles South area has also seen its share of property stolen from unsecured vehicles. Areas hit in the last week include Glasgow Drive, Darkwood Street, Anderby Lane, Impala Court, Donerail Chase Drive, Myers Place, and Lenah Run Circle. Two suspects, described as a Black Male and a White Male, were observed in the area of Darkwood Street around 1 AM on Wednesday. The suspects both fled the area.

Anyone with information about the perpetrators of these crimes is asked to contact the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division at 703-777-0475. If the caller wishes to remain anonymous they should call Loudoun Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919. If the information leads to an arrest and indictment the caller could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000.

And in other news.

The Loudoun Sheriff’s Office continues its crackdown on unlicensed drivers in the county with two recent checkpoints in Ashburn and CountrySide. The locations for the checkpoints were selected after deputies patrolling these areas came across a number of unlicensed drivers during daily traffic stops.

On Wednesday Sheriff’s Deputies conducted a driver’s license checkpoint on Ashburn Farm Parkway at Sanders Corner Elementary School from 3:15 PM to 7 PM. During the checkpoint 1826 vehicle passed through with 74 summonses issued. Fourteen drivers were caught driving without an operator’s license and 3 were driving on a suspended license. Another driver was charged with DUI and a juvenile was apprehended in connection with a recent burglary of an Ashburn restaurant.

The agency conducted a similar checkpoint last week in CountrySide. On July 11th Sheriff’s Deputies worked the area of CountrySide Boulevard and Minor Road from 4:15 PM to 7 PM. In total 1635 vehicles passed through and 68 summonses were issued. The summonses included 16 drivers cited for driving without a license and four drivers who were driving on a suspended license.

The Sheriff’s Community Policing Section, with assistance from the Traffic Safety Unit, School Resource Officers, Field Operations, the K9 Unit and the Sheriff’s Auxiliary Unit conducted the checkpoint.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
You meet the nicest

July 21, 2007, 11:02 PM

Another tip is to drive a crappy looking old truck.

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Tough guy

July 23, 2007, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the warning. I have been parking my car in the driveway since the garage is full of bikes.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#4)
PewPew

July 23, 2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux
Thanks for the warning. I have been parking my car in the driveway since the garage is full of bikes.
I know the feeling, don't have that problem anymore though.

Nice post

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#5)
Spike

July 23, 2007, 10:04 AM

And here I go moving to Ashburn! SHEESH!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz