DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 420
2 members and 418 guests
CCS762ZX6, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Loudoun Detective Arrested for DWI (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/loudoun-detective-arrested-dwi-77944/)

CrazyMotorcycleGuy November 15, 2012 03:10 PM

Loudoun Detective Arrested for DWI

Loudoun sheriff’s deputy charged with DWI - Crime Scene - The Washington Post

UPDATED: Loudoun deputy arrested for DWI; office tight-lipped on details | LoudounTimes.com

I know his name and who arrested him (a really senior Sgt). I don't need no stinkin FOIA request to figure things out. I wasn't even listening when it happened.

RileysDad November 15, 2012 03:16 PM

I don't know what the law in VA is but in MD, a DWI is anything under .08, at the officer's discretion and DUI is anything over .08. At first I was gonna say that maybe it's not that big of a deal but if he's stumbling around and hitting parked cars, never mind.

airjor13 November 15, 2012 03:17 PM

CrazyMotorcycleGuy November 15, 2012 03:26 PM

DUI and DWI are the same thing in VA- 18.2-266. DWI is what VA calls it.

He refused the breath test too.

b00st November 15, 2012 03:30 PM

Aren't cops not supposed to arrest other cops? We learned when you cross that blue line it'll bite you in the ass.

Heist November 15, 2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyMotorcycleGuy (Post 1301737)
DUI and DWI are the same thing in VA- 18.2-266. DWI is what VA calls it.

He refused the breath test too.

No breath test makes it harder to prosecute.
They would have to do a blood draw, which you can also refuse on a number of reasons.

Of course you will automatically loose your license for a period of time (as a cop he may also lose his weapon and be reassigned to admin), but compared to a nailing your feet to the cross with a certain DUI/DWI conviction, it's far better to always refuse any and all tests if you feel you may be hovering around the red zone of the limit.

Always refuse. Don't be nasty about it. Just politely let the officer know you choose to abstain from any and all test and then sit quietly and go for a ride.