DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
3 members and 552 guests
davidcycle, Sal_the_man, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Man crashes into a bike race
Unread
  (#1)
Owner & Creator
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,418
Join Date: June 11, 2003
Location: TROLL WORLD
Man crashes into a bike race - June 3, 2008, 08:35 AM

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) -- A car plowed into a weekend bike race along a highway near the U.S.-Mexico border, killing one and injuring 10 others, police said.The 28-year-old driver was apparently drunk and fell asleep when he crashed into the race, said police investigator Jose Alfredo Rodriguez.
A photograph taken by a city official showed bicyclists and equipment being hurled high into the air by the collision.Rodriguez said Juan Campos was charged with killing Alejandro Alvarez, 37, of Monterrey.

Authorities said the wreck happened 15 minutes into the 34-kilometer (21 mile) race Sunday along a highway between Playa Bagdad and Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas.
Campos said he is an American citizen living in Brownsville. The U.S. Consulate could not immediately confirm that. "We are looking into the incident in terms of whether American citizens were involved," consulate spokesman Todd Huizinga said.


  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
facebook what is that?
 
gixxernoob's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,203
Join Date: March 19, 2004
Location: Fairfax, VA
June 3, 2008, 08:37 AM

That's terrible...


\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
June 3, 2008, 08:38 AM

Holy shit....


13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Popplers!
 
karrotx's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,700
Join Date: July 25, 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
June 3, 2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage
...highway between Playa Bagdad and Matamoros, across from Brownsville, Texas.
Is this a joke?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Owner & Creator
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,418
Join Date: June 11, 2003
Location: TROLL WORLD
June 3, 2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotx
Is this a joke?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americ...ef=mpstoryview
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Triple Secks
 
Abrasive's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,422
Join Date: June 7, 2007
Location: Arnold, MD
June 3, 2008, 08:47 AM

insane..

I'm always worried some ahole is gonna hit me when i cycle into work.


I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
June 3, 2008, 08:50 AM

Is that Lance Armstrong shielding his one testicle in the picture?


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
June 3, 2008, 08:52 AM

Negative. His last remaining testical is protected by a yellow Livestrong cup. No need for shielding.


13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Kickstand
 
TheHiriser's Avatar
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: August 6, 2005
Location: Scottsburg, IN
June 3, 2008, 08:55 AM

That cop should have opened that back door and walked away for a little bit.


Mike

MARRC Cornerworker/ASD/Crash Truck/Control
http://www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TheHiriser  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Fack yo pony...
 
ZXYBCH's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,095
Join Date: September 19, 2007
Location: Winchester
June 3, 2008, 09:08 AM

+1


Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
June 3, 2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHiriser
That cop should have opened that back door and walked away for a little bit.
Then that cop would go to jail for murder.

Then we might as well be China, and Cuba where the government judges guilty and punishes before the guy can even say anything.

What if the news made up the fact that he was drunk, but the truth was he had a seizure? Would you still condone opening the back door and letting a riot murder him?


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Kickstand
 
TheHiriser's Avatar
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: August 6, 2005
Location: Scottsburg, IN
June 3, 2008, 09:49 AM

First, it was Mexico so I'm surprised it didn't happen that way. That is one bad assed cop to hold off all those people though.

Secondly you assume I wanted him murdered, maybe the crowd of bystanders could have tickled his brain a little bit with bicycle rims and tire pumps and other debris laying around.

I'm guessing the cop or investigator had good reason to say he was apparently drunk.

Luckily, I don't make the rules and we elect people to do those sort of things but I personally believe in the old eye for an eye deal should he be found to have been drunk or negligent and not have had a seizure.


Mike

MARRC Cornerworker/ASD/Crash Truck/Control
http://www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TheHiriser  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
June 3, 2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHiriser
First, it was Mexico so I'm surprised it didn't happen that way. That is one bad assed cop to hold off all those people though.

Secondly you assume I wanted him murdered, maybe the crowd of bystanders could have tickled his brain a little bit with bicycle rims and tire pumps and other debris laying around.

I'm guessing the cop or investigator had good reason to say he was apparently drunk.

Luckily, I don't make the rules and we elect people to do those sort of things but I personally believe in the old eye for an eye deal should he be found to have been drunk or negligent and not have had a seizure.
Do you read what you write?

Tickled his brain? THink that one cop can stop a riotous crowd? How do yo know he was drunk? Believe everything in the media?

As wrong as he may have been, he still has rights just as you would if you did something stupid one day. Next time your speeding on your bike, think about if a cop thought the way you did if you accidentally ran over a child chasing a ball in to the street. Accident yes, but you could be guilty by cop and "tickled" by a riot. Enjoy your eye for an eye.

And when between the cop showing up at the scene and him putting him in the back was he found guilty in a court of law as drunk and negligent that you justify opening the door?

Go ahead and contradict yourself some more Stalin. Luckily you dont make the rules, and I dont see that you ever will with an attitude like that.


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
This Ain't My First Time!
 
cf3232's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,150
Join Date: September 15, 2005
Location: Great Falls, VA
June 3, 2008, 10:07 AM

That is just messed up no matter how you slice it. Hope all that are injured ecover quickly and the to the guy that lost his life RIP. I hope justice is served on the driver.


OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,034
Join Date: February 1, 2005
June 3, 2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf3232
That is just messed up no matter how you slice it. Hope all that are injured ecover quickly and the to the guy that lost his life RIP. I hope justice is served on the driver.
I agree. +1000


"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.