DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 510
1 members and 509 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#76)
What are we doing here???

January 13, 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Sorry guys, nothing personal, but this attitude that military personnel are the only ones who risk their lives and contribute to what this country is is pure, unadulterated, fucking bullshit, and you know it is. Get off your high horse and remind yourself that the military exists to serve it's populace, not the other way around. This nation doesn't stand for denegrating it's enemies. A righteous, thorough ass-whooping is sufficient for champions. Post-game show-boating is for fucking losers.
Ok, but you have to admit there is a sacrifice people make especially if you have a family. We ride our "high horse" because so few others ride that horse with us. Never said the kids weren't wrong in what they did. I get pissed when the actions of a few casts doubts on all the other sacrifices that were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Second my grandfather was a Medic in WWII and was part of the landing on Omaha beach on D-day. I asked him about this last night. He is disgusted by this, and the "pussy" excuses as he put it. He never heard of anyone pissing on the bodies of dead Nazi's nor did they maim, or denegrate them. He was 17 when he went over to fight (lied during the application process.)
Do me a favor. Next time you talk to your grandfather, tell him that me and all the other veterans that came after him say "Thank You".

'Nuff said.

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#77)
GP Champ

January 13, 2012, 12:47 PM

You can think whatever you want Fitz to make yourself feel better, fact of the matter is these soldiers are douchebags for doing it and have done way more harm then they thought. If you cant see that you are fucking retarded.
Unread
  (#78)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 13, 2012, 12:49 PM

I saw something not too long ago discussing what makes people kill. They looked at today's soldier and their willingness to kill. As part of that study, they noted that a shockingly low number of troops actually aimed and shot to kill their enemy during WWI and II.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#79)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 13, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper
You can think whatever you want Fitz to make yourself feel better, fact of the matter is these soldiers are douchebags for doing it and have done way more harm then they thought. If you cant see that you are fucking retarded.
I never disputed any of that. Call me retarded all you want, but you clearly have a reading comprehension problem.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#80)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
I saw something not too long ago discussing what makes people kill. They looked at today's soldier and their willingness to kill. As part of that study, they noted that a shockingly low number of troops actually aimed and shot to kill their enemy during WWI and II.
Conclusion?

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#81)
GP Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
its cause nobody gives a fuck about life anymore, this whole situation is proof of that. its sad really.
Unread
  (#82)
GP Champ

January 13, 2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
I never disputed any of that. Call me retarded all you want, but you clearly have a reading comprehension problem.
Then what the fuck are we arguing about now? The fact that my opinion doesnt mean shit because I am not over there?
Unread
  (#83)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 13, 2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Then what the fuck are we arguing about now? The fact that my opinion doesnt mean shit because I am not over there?
Essentially, yes. Then you put words in my mouth and started with the "retard" shit. Lol

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#84)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

January 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:

its cause nobody gives a fuck about life anymore, this whole situation is proof of that. its sad really.
That's an idiotic conclusion, especially if its directed towards the majority of soldiers. No one is more keenly aware of the value of life.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#85)

January 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Considering these guys are 0317 peeps, they need to aim LOL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HenryW  
Unread
  (#86)
The last urrbendah

January 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
HE SAID THE GIRAFFE IS LOOSE!

General Patton would tell these Marines that they are doing it wrong. You piss in their rivers, not on their corpses.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#87)
Knee Draggin!

Talking January 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

"Damage peace negotiations in Afghanistan" because US Marines urinated on Taliban, seriously Channel 9 that's what you think? Do Americans really believe that the people of Afghanistan have internet access, heck i'm sure most of the population doesn't even have a TV.

Also, what kind of "Peace negotiations" should we be having with the Taliban, a terrorist organization. We are talking about the Taliban, people who kill people in the name of their Muslim faith for the slightest infraction of their so called laws. They believe women are property and should have no education and that if you try to talk about Christianity you should be put to death. These Taliban try to kill our soldiers every chance they get.

Would I piss on a dead Taliban? Probably not, that's not my style. I realize that President Obama has recently been trying to create peace with the Taliban and this may damage relations with these lunatics. Personally, I don't believe we should be in Afghanistan to begin with, we really have no business in that country.

So what do I think needs to be done since it is clear we will not be pulling out of Afghanistan (probably because of big money interests that get a pay day every day we are in that country) ? The military should simply talk to their soldiers about expectation and what it means to be a soldier in the United State and how we should be better than the soldiers of other countries. Our soldiers are dragged through streets for all to mock or our US soldiers, already dead, beheaded for something that they were not even involved with or even the beheading of US Citizen.

At the end of the day, these now dead people were trying to kill these Marines. I do not blame the Marines for the action they took, I blame the system for allowing our soldiers to be in Afghanistan. I blame big companies for the greed over the all mighty dollar rather than what is truly right.

This world is a evil, sick, and disgusting place to live in. It is sad to know that there is so much hate in this world. Maybe someday our world will have a lot more love in it.

08 GSXR 600 (track), 07 GSXR 600 (race), 07 DRZ 400SM
02 FZ1, 88 Honda Shadow VLX
99 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic (Sold Dec 2010)
Trackdays with: http://www.motorcyclexcitement.com/
Racing blog and info: http://www.jtbskitchen.com/racing
WERA #231
Unread
  (#88)
The last urrbendah

January 13, 2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
That's an idiotic conclusion, especially if its directed towards the majority of soldiers. No one is more keenly aware of the value of life.
I think today's population as a whole is more open to the idea of killing than previous generations. We are desensitized by the media, internet, and past atrocities. Consider if you will that an 18 y/o in 1941 had no frame of reference as one does today. Your average 18 y/o has at least heard of Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

There was nothing like that back then save for the stories of casualties and losses suffered during WWI which still were relatively low due to America's late entry into the war.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#89)

January 13, 2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh

Conclusion?
Well, I wouldnt be surprised if shit like this didnt happen back then. At least, not as much. What I saw noted that it wasnt until recently that the military shifted its training towards making soldiers cold and efficient killers. Devaluing the enemies life. In fact, they said this shift is what has contributed to a lot of PTSD cases. Soliders are trained to kill, kill, kill. For many this is against their inherent values. Anyways, they go over there and do just that - kill - and then come back struggling with what they did. Again, this is just something I saw. I have no first hand experience.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#90)
GP Champ

January 13, 2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Essentially, yes. Then you put words in my mouth and started with the "retard" shit. Lol
Well the retard could be used for any number of reasons aside from this one!
Quote:
It is not an idiotic conclusion at all, and I was not specifically directing this toward soldiers, just attitude in general nowadays. Soldiers are more keenly aware of their own life, and will do whatever they have to in order to protect it....I have zero problem with that. But when someone purposely denegrates a dead person that in and of itself shows a lack of respect for human life.

They are dead, no need to humiliate them to make yourself feel better. You killed them, that should be accomplishment enough.

Also before this goes any further and some of you think I am anti-military that is not true. In fact I would give my life for my country if given the chance, I tried enlisting twice at two different recruiting stations and both times was turned down for having asthma, and needed an inhaler on me at all times. So I know the mentality that it takes to be a soldier, I do not know what it is like to be shot at from all angles in the desert however.