DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
1 members and 524 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Martinsburg Man Credited for Saving Flight
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Thumbs up Martinsburg Man Credited for Saving Flight - January 25, 2010, 11:14 PM

MARTINSBURG, WV - A flight to Las Vegas had to make an emergency landing in Denver this weekend after a passenger attempted to open a door while in the air.

The outcome could have been worse if not for a Martinsburg man's quick reaction.

Art Thomm and his girlfriend are in Las Vegas now, but getting there wasn't easy.

He recalls, "We finally got on the plane, and as we were finally heading down, about four hours into it, a gentleman got up and tried to open up the cabin door."

Thomm says he had earlier noticed that the man looked out of place, wearing a big, puffy coat and staring off in to space.

Then the man tried to open one of the plane's doors during the flight. That's when another passenger shouted for help, and Thomm says he took off running up the aisle.

While the moment on the plane could obviously be described as tense for the passengers, Thomm says he was just reacting to the situation, and he insists, he's no hero.

"I didn't think about it at all. It all happened so fast, I guess," he adds.

Thomm and his fellow passengers were able to tackle the man and keep him held down until the plane could quickly make an emergency landing in Denver.

Now on the ground, the Martinsburg man is getting a lot of attention for his actions.

He says, "I don't see the situation like that, but I was just glad that I could be there to help out."

The man was taken into custody in Denver and later sent for a medical evaluation.

Art Thomm is scheduled to arrive home in the four-state region on Wednesday.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Bling Blang Blaow

January 25, 2010, 11:49 PM

just found him on facebook and shot him a quick thank you

http://www.facebook.com/advertising/....1304712956..1

2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

January 26, 2010, 09:15 AM

Hell yeah West Virginians! Thats friggin awesome, thank God he was there
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Owner

January 26, 2010, 09:18 AM

those doors don't open during flight...

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper