DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 551
1 members and 550 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

View Poll Results: Who is Gonna Win??
Mayweather 10 34.48%
Pacman 19 65.52%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Mayweather vs. Pacman (Round 2)
Unread
  (#1)
Retired to most ...

Mayweather vs. Pacman (Round 2) - May 5, 2010, 01:04 PM

Aight ... got this conversation going on over on .com as well but lets hear some of you .net boxing fans weigh in on this. Lookin like both sides are coming back to the table set this thing up. Waiting to hear from Pac's camp as always. All I can say is Pac needs to shit or get off the pot and stop ducking the damn drug test.

P.S. .... if this fight goes down my money is all over Mayweather beatin Pacman's ass!!! He just mopped the floor with Shane. BRING IT!!!

Mayweather, Pacquiao fight likely – Roach

By NICK GIONGCO
May 5, 2010, 5:45pm
Owing to the astronomical amount of money involved, American trainer Freddie Roach is convinced that Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather will finally reach a compromise agreement that will pave the way for their much-awaited showdown before the year comes to a close.
Roach told an ESPN-affiliated station in the US that there's no other choice but to make the fight that is expected to shatter all existing tickets and pay-per-views records.
”Yes, it is going to happen. I just talked to (Top Rank chief) Bob Arum yesterday," said Roach, who has been Pacquiao's trainer since 2001.
Arum, according to Roach, is on his way to the Philippines not only to show his support to Pacquiao's congressional bid in Sarangani province but to discuss the Mayweather fight.
"Bob is flying to the Philippines to make Manny the offer. We are going to make this work the best we can. I think we have enough ammo to get it done quickly because there is a lot of money out there. We’re going to meet in the middle. They wanted (a) 14-day (cutoff). We wanted 24. (We'll do) 17, 18-days. They are talking October, November. Definitely before the year is out."
During the thick of the negotiations early this year, Mayweather's people had wanted a 14-day cutoff to the random blood and urine testing, while Pacquiao's insisted on a 24-day cutoff.
Eventually, both sides stood firm on their respective stances, forcing the collapse of the talks.
Mayweather is fresh from outclassing Shane Mosley, while Pacquiao's last outing was a similarly-easy points win over Joshua Clottey last March in Dallas.
Meanwhile, the deluge of US media reprsentatives on the prowl for Pacquiao stories, have started to arrive in General Santos City.
Bill Dwyre, formerly the sports editor of the Los Angeles Times, arrived in the country Tuesday evening and took a morning flight to General Santos City on Wednesday.
Dwyre, a close friend of the late Pulitzer-winning sports columnist Jim Murray, flew in via Hawaiian Airlines and stayed overnight at the Marriot Manila.
Dwyre, who now writes a column for the Times, not only one of America's biggest papers but one of the most influential as well, will write a front-page story for his paper on election day.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

May 5, 2010, 01:06 PM

While Mayweather was faster than Mosely, Manny will eat both of those guys alive...Floyd will have to change his style and become a real puncher because he cant run from Manny...speed kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Meet your Maker

May 5, 2010, 01:08 PM

I dont want to give blood because it weakens me. Stop using the helper drugs and man the F up

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Admin

May 5, 2010, 01:15 PM

Do you want to get banned for posting up nonsense?

Pacquiao
Unread
  (#5)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

May 5, 2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
While Mayweather was faster than Mosely, Manny will eat both of those guys alive...Floyd will have to change his style and become a real puncher because he cant run from Manny...speed kills.
+1 Mosely had no business being in the ring with Mayweather.

PACMAN hands down will win the fight! Show me the $$$$$$

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#6)
bored!!!

May 5, 2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-MOTO View Post
+1 Mosely had no business being in the ring with Mayweather.

PACMAN hands down will win the fight! Show me the $$$$$$
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

May 5, 2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Manny and Floyd both have equal speed.

Floyd is a much better dodger and counter puncher. Manny likes to eat punches.

Manny has much better power and can endure more punishment. Manny's got "heavy hands" for his weight class.

If Manny comes back clean or steroids and other goodies, I'd give the advantage to Manny in the first 7 rounds. If Floyd can eat some of Manny's best and still stay standing after 7, I'd give Floyd even money on the rest of the fight.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

May 5, 2010, 01:26 PM

Ya'll are crazy .... Pac has been ducking a freakin drug test for months now because he doesn't wanna face Mayweather. If anyone has more speed then Pac it's Mayweather. When those two fight (IF THEY FIGHT) you're gonna see the old school Pretty Boy Floyd come out!!

If this happens I'm ordering the fight. Prolly do a party at my place or something!

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

May 5, 2010, 01:30 PM

Oscar vs Pac Mayweather vs Pack
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

May 5, 2010, 01:30 PM

Not a big fan of boxing .... but would love to see this fight ...........
Even better i would love to see Many or May fight a MMA fighter ... Now that would be even more excited to watch !!! But thats probebly never going to happen !!!

MMA is da XXXT..............

2008 Aprilia RSV1000R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
Unread
  (#11)
Speed Safely

May 5, 2010, 01:39 PM

To my knowledge, Pac has never failed any Nevada Athletic Commission mandated drug test for any fight in his career. Either you are drinking the Mayweather hype or you have evidence the entire boxing world has never seen.

Notice how much the Mayweathers were jawing about Pacman taking steroids, and how quickly they shut up and backpedaled as soon as Pacman's camp starting making noises about a libel lawsuit. If they had actual proof, they would have kept talking.

I seriously doubt this fight won't happen. There's too much money at stake. However, Floyd always has the option to bitch about the drug testing protocols as YET ANOTHER WAY to duck a fighter who can beat him. Shane was no where near Mayweather's level (he was a 4:1 underdog), which is why Mayweather took the fight. Notice how badly Mayweather got rocked in the second round. If Mosley had capitalized, that fight would have been over.

Manny can punch as hard, if not harder, than Mosley, and Manny can do that the entire 12 rounds (as he proved against Clottey, averaging around 100 punches per round). There's also no question as to speed. Both have fast hands, so that equalizes, but Manny can take punches where Floyd can't. The matchup looks good on paper: a masterful defensive counterpuncher versus a solid offensive dynamo. The only sticking point will be Floyd having the intestinal fortitude to take a fight against a legitimate opponent.

2004 Honda CBR 600RR Black/Silver (sold after 42K miles)
2010 BMW S1000RR Thunder Grey

Pinoy, and proud of it!

Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.
Unread
  (#12)
bored!!!

May 5, 2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Manny and Floyd both have equal speed.

Floyd is a much better dodger and counter puncher. Manny likes to eat punches.

Manny has much better power and can endure more punishment. Manny's got "heavy hands" for his weight class.

If Manny comes back clean or steroids and other goodies, I'd give the advantage to Manny in the first 7 rounds. If Floyd can eat some of Manny's best and still stay standing after 7, I'd give Floyd even money on the rest of the fight.
i agree that manny will get him... floyd needs to worry about if it goes passed 7 rounds. the thing that has always impressed me with manny is he fights from round 1 to round 12 with no signs of wear and tear. That dude is like a walking Can of Red Bull with a shot of Whoop Azz
Unread
  (#13)
Retired to most ...

May 5, 2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post
To my knowledge, Pac has never failed any Nevada Athletic Commission mandated drug test for any fight in his career. Either you are drinking the Mayweather hype or you have evidence the entire boxing world has never seen.

Notice how much the Mayweathers were jawing about Pacman taking steroids, and how quickly they shut up and backpedaled as soon as Pacman's camp starting making noises about a libel lawsuit. If they had actual proof, they would have kept talking.

I seriously doubt this fight won't happen. There's too much money at stake. However, Floyd always has the option to bitch about the drug testing protocols as YET ANOTHER WAY to duck a fighter who can beat him. Shane was no where near Mayweather's level (he was a 4:1 underdog), which is why Mayweather took the fight. Notice how badly Mayweather got rocked in the second round. If Mosley had capitalized, that fight would have been over.

Manny can punch as hard, if not harder, than Mosley, and Manny can do that the entire 12 rounds (as he proved against Clottey, averaging around 100 punches per round). There's also no question as to speed. Both have fast hands, so that equalizes, but Manny can take punches where Floyd can't. The matchup looks good on paper: a masterful defensive counterpuncher versus a solid offensive dynamo. The only sticking point will be Floyd having the intestinal fortitude to take a fight against a legitimate opponent.
Right ... Mayweather holds 6 titles because he is a paper champion? Get real man! Pacman holds 7 titles. Pretty even match there.

You don't go undefeated in boxing and NEVER face a "real fighter". All this "Mayweather ducks real fighters" crap needs to stop. He can't duck a fight Pac won't agree to. To duck it he would have to find a bullshit reason to not fight Pac after the fight was agreed to and setup.

Pac has been coming up with some serious bullshit and then focusing on fighting outside of the states since Mayweather told him to get in the ring. I made this point in the thread on .com ...

Can't believe I'm reading this stuff. Floyd beats Mosley hands down with out a doubt left in that ring! The pacman fight would have already happened if wasn't being a little girl about a drug test. Who the hell is gonna believe the results of a test performed 30 DAYS after the fight has happened? NO ONE! Floyd has not ducked anyone including pacman. Pacman just doesn't want his card pulled when he already stands a VERY SERIOUS chance of having his ass handed to him by Mayweather!! If all you Pacman fans wanna claim Mayweather is ducking the fight then Pacman needs to answer the fact he is ducking a drug test to make it happen. Untill Pac agrees to the test AND passes it with flying colors Floyd can't be ducking the fight because Pac is the one stopping it from happening!
Pure and simple ... both fighters are damn good at what they do but Mayweather is the real deal! If that fight ever takes place the loser's carreer is FINISHED! They both know it. On that reason alone I 100% understand why Mayweather wants to make sure everything is right and fair before they set foot in that ring. Thats a lot to lose to find out your opponent cheated!!!
Tell Pacman to stop being a little *** and take the damn test!

Last edited by JohnnySpeed1KRR; May 5, 2010 at 01:59 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
facebook what is that?

May 5, 2010, 01:52 PM

who else? but the PACMAN...

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#15)
Professional Lurker

May 5, 2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
Right ... Mayweather holds 6 titles because he is a paper champion? Get real man! Pacman holds 7 titles. Pretty even match there.

pac holds 7 titles in 7 different weight divisions. i believe mayweather only has titles in 5 divisions.

either way, this is gonna be a huge fight. one thing for sure is, pac will not get tired for the entire fight. unlike mosley who was pretty much worn up after the 2nd round. if pac catches gayweather cleanly like mosley did, game over.