DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
2 members and 551 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

October 21, 2005, 03:16 PM

Ok here is the deal. I am looking for a few Mechanics/Elecrical techs that need work. Should last at least 3 months. My company is rehabbing the metro trains 2k and 3k series trains. The job will be in the Branch Ave. metro yard, and the pay is between $18-$20/hr. I put this on this site, due to the fact most people are stand up around here and it is a way I can help a fellow rider out.

There are a few things:
1. Drug test- save yourself and me the emberassment if you know you will not pass.
2. hours will be 6-2:30pm with OT much of the time.

In all I need about 14 guys, have placed 7 so far. I would ask people if interested you need to send a PM or call me at 202-329-9676. The work will start on Monday this coming week (10/24/05).

Also will need a new secretary (office manager) in a few weeks. Pay for that varies.

Thanks,
Jay

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

October 21, 2005, 03:18 PM

If I know of anyone I'll send them your way!

Thanks for looking out for your fellow riders...

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

October 22, 2005, 12:23 PM

Bump, no mechs or elec's out there??

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

October 22, 2005, 01:32 PM

everyone here is white collar it nerd

i know carpentry and some electrical, im not a certified electrician or anything, and rudimentary mechanics
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

October 22, 2005, 05:05 PM

Hhahahha, I know what you mean, shit most mechs do not even turn on a computer.

No certification needed, just people that know how to turn a wrench and can come to work on time and actually be taught and retain things. Hard to find these days.

qwert call my cell if you are really interested.

Jay

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

October 23, 2005, 04:06 AM

yeah i know which way to turn shit if it goes on, and if its reverse threaded im pretty sure its the opposite, like all the important bits on bikes and motorcycles, hahahah
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 23, 2005, 08:00 AM

Most people here have jobs also. The hours are not conducive to a person already working. If you are looking for a day laborer, check in Herndon. (j/k) I have a buddy that does electrical but he works for Michael and sons.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

October 23, 2005, 09:19 AM

I am not looking for a day laborer, this is a $650million rehab of the 2k3k series wmata cars. What I am loking for is someone who wants to start in an industry that is overpaid and they will want to stay in forever. I like to pass the chance that I was given on to others. Not everyone is an IT guy, and there is plenty of money out there for good guys with no degrees. I have a short term need for 14 guys, of those I will keep 3-4 for long term positions, I would think about $60-70K is about average.

Thanks,
Jay

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#9)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 23, 2005, 07:20 PM

Jay PM

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#10)
old fat and slow

October 23, 2005, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowngt
I am not looking for a day laborer, this is a $650million rehab of the 2k3k series wmata cars. What I am loking for is someone who wants to start in an industry that is overpaid and they will want to stay in forever. I like to pass the chance that I was given on to others. Not everyone is an IT guy, and there is plenty of money out there for good guys with no degrees. I have a short term need for 14 guys, of those I will keep 3-4 for long term positions, I would think about $60-70K is about average.

Thanks,
Jay
jay, your math needs alittle work ....I'm not trying to flame ya here but ... $20 an hour is 40k yearly. as an electrician i know how much is out there to be made but if you want people to drive into the metro area you 'll need to up the ante a bit. i know alot of union electricians making 60 to 70k a year and they make around 33 an hour and have to work lots of overtime to make it to the 70k mark. I really don't know you but i think you'll get more responses if you dont try to snow people with inflated earnings statements.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

October 24, 2005, 05:12 AM

Shit, I just had a good reply and it did not post from last night.

It is simple Math bro:

40x$20 = $800
15 hrs OT @ 40 = $450
------------------------------
$1250 week x 52 weeks = $65000

I have other guys workiing alot more OT than that. This is simple I am just trying to help people out. Why would I inflate numbers, I do not want the guy that wants to put in 40 and walk away, I want someone that wants to start a career and is not afraid to bust his ass.

THe last kid I just brought in made $21k/year at home depot, I think he did well by starting green at $20/hr. So before you flame look into why I even posted this here, to help people inbetween jobs or what not. I am not promising anything, I will keep 2-3 guys post project long term(2-4 years) but there is no promise. I could have just brought everyone in through the temp agency but word of mouth I have found works much better (and then I give them to the temp agency (yeah the chick loves me seeing I do all her work for her, ahhahaaa).

Later.

Drag U get my PM back to ya?? I do not know what is up with the post from last night.

Call me either way and I will get the process started.

Jay

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#12)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 24, 2005, 06:39 AM

I know plenty of mechanics, lemme talk to them.

I appreciate posts like these, you never know what situation someone's in.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

October 24, 2005, 08:45 AM

Thanks, that is why I posted this in the first place.

Also BamBam some more math for ya:

$33/hr x 40 = $1320x52weeks=$68640/year <---- That means your buddy only has to work 27hrs a YEAR OT to hit the 70k mark. Tell him to check his paystub cuz if he's working alot of OT he's not getting what he should.

I have averaged over 20hrs OT for the 3 years I have been here, good thing I do not mind the work. To me it is like Monster Garage

Again, it's all good, if this is not faor ya sorry to bother ya, if it is I am glad I can be of assistance.

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#14)
A girl must have her toys

October 24, 2005, 08:53 AM

BamBam.. I can guarantee you that Jay is not trying to "snow" anyone.

Jay, I might have a couple of people for ya. I will let you know. Also, answer your darn PMs. I asked a couple of weeks ago about going to see you guys. What are your plans for Sunday?

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

October 24, 2005, 10:22 AM

dude dont be a dick, he said overtime, your logic needs some assistance