DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 587
0 members and 587 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Medical advice following an accident
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Medical advice following an accident - March 7, 2006, 08:29 AM

About a month ago my truck was struck from behind by a drunk driver going about 45 mph. I was at a dead stop at a light. I ended up "tearing" a muscle in my back. The pain has decreased slightly but now its not in my shoulder/neck/back anymore. It's specifically in my neck on the right side. I can't turn my head a certain way and I think it MAY be fractured or I tore a ligament somewhere in there. This does not feel muscular, it is very sharp and streaks down my arm.

Talked to Geico today, they will not pay ANYTHING out until my treatment is done, which means that all this cash I am shelling out to see a Doctor (I have insurance but I paid for the first visit and the co-pays as well) is on me. She also said that they will not guarantee payment... bitch, your stupid tool driver smashed into me and I can't sleep. Do you want to meet a pissed off Ben in court then? Pain and suffering are gonna be a fuckin' bitch if I have to deal with this bullshit.

What I need:

What can I do? I don't want to go see a doctor again, I don't want to go to court, I don't want my neck to hurt... I want my money back, and my truck fixed... I want shit the way it was before asshat smashed into me cause he can't hold his beers... What can I do?

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Happiness Consultant

March 7, 2006, 08:35 AM

sounds like its time to lawyer up and own this dude down to his shoelaces.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#3)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
March 7, 2006, 08:35 AM

Call your insurence company. Or get a good lawyer.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
TIMMEH!

March 7, 2006, 08:39 AM

Did you get your insurance company involved? I know most people don't want to get their insurance company involved for fear of a rate increase, but they might be able to "lean" on Geico to get this thing resolved. If you don't mind me asking who is your insurance provider? I can talk to a couple of people and get you a name of a good doctor.

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#5)
Spike

March 7, 2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
sounds like its time to lawyer up and own this dude down to his shoelaces.
I'm with Ed, keep documentation of everything. When I was ass-ended by some stupid bitch playin with her cell phone on the toll road, Geico paid for EVERYTHING!!! It took them a while and yeah, I went to court but it all worked out in the end!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

March 7, 2006, 08:43 AM

I would appreciate a Doctor, I don't really go to the doctor so I've been seeing urgent care lately. They are wary to give me meds that will work and I get the sense that they are making the same estimations that I could on my own and save the $30...

I have esuarance, they have been AWESOME!!! I haven't called them about this yet... they know I was in an accident but because Geico accepted ALL responsibility (obviously) they said to deal with Geico on this. How much can Esurance lean on Geico.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#7)
TIMMEH!

March 7, 2006, 09:05 AM

Doctor thing - I have a former flight student of mine who's a Dentist (which obviously doesn't help in this scenario, but give me a minute) and he goes to a really good doctor, apparently. I'll get the name of his guy and what insurance that guy takes. We'll see if we can't get you all checked out.

Insurance - I got rear-ended by some stupid woman 2 Christmas's ago, and I called Geico right away (my insurance company). They were fantastic. They sent me to a Geico approved mechanic which had a Geico estimator on site. (right across from the Leesburg Honda, where I bought my car). They took a week to install the new bumper, but within a week or so I got my deductible check in the mail. They were super fast. I didn't want to go through her insurance because I figured "Hey, this is what I pay you mofo's for every month, why don't you lean on them?" And they did. My insurance had a rental car on it, they paid for it. Brand new bumper, done. The worst part of the whole experience - I had to drive a crappy Pontiac Grand Am...And not even the V6 version.

My advice - Call your insurance company and update them on everything. Tell them you are still having lots of pain, you're going back to a doctor, and Geico isn't doing anything. Maybe they can give you some "free" advice or something.

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

March 7, 2006, 09:11 AM

I'll do that Tim. Thanks for the help.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 7, 2006, 09:29 AM

Esurance can't do anything... I have to eat the cost until my treatment is complete... this is really fucked up.

Fuck. Can anyone suggest a lawer?

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#10)
Retired to most ...

March 7, 2006, 09:58 AM

Brendan D. Harold

(703)293-9300

This guy is awesome Ben. If he can't help you he will put you in touch with someone who is just as good as he is. He did it for my ex's friend. He couldn't make the trip on the court date so he handed it to one of his friends and she was taken care of!! Call him bro!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR