DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
0 members and 532 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Memorial Day....Its time to say Thank You.
Unread
  (#1)
Give me the Ban Button!

Memorial Day....Its time to say Thank You. - May 27, 2007, 03:22 AM

It would be safe to say that everybody knows somebody that has served in the armed forces. Maybe it was one of your grandparents maybe and uncle or one of your parents. It could have been a brother or sister or even your best friend. That somebody might have even mad the ultimate sacrifice. I also know that there are many members on this page that have served or still are serving. I would like to take a chance and say THANK YOU! Thank you for being willing to make sacrifices to protect our way of life.

Godspeed.

This thread was created for on reason. Please do not whore it up with political views.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

May 27, 2007, 07:16 AM

Yes, to everyone reading this who has served or is serving in the US Armed Forces, thank you. I am most grateful for your service.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

May 27, 2007, 09:53 AM

Welcome!

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

May 27, 2007, 10:13 AM

ur welcome!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Kevmo  
Unread
  (#5)
Railin????

May 27, 2007, 10:17 AM

The reason I'm posting in this thread is not because I've served the last 8 years in the army, but because I know of a few good friends that have passed in Iraq. This hurts me a bit talking about it, they were good people.

When I was in Iraq (late April '03-late Sep '04), every time I heard people calling us heroes, I'd never think twice about saying 'BS'. After being there a few months and seeing some of what went on (some first hand), I realized it was all those soldiers who gave their lives in the name of freedom who are the real heroes. I just happened to get lucky I suppose.

Now when someone calls me a hero, I don't say anything. I just look away and move on.

For those few friends I lost, RIP brothers, RIP.

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple  
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

May 27, 2007, 10:58 AM

Nobody here knows me yet as I am just new. I was reading didderent post's and came upon this one. I have spent the last 22 years of my life serving proudly and sometimes not so proudly. I've spent 10 of those years overseas. The life I chose has come at a great cost. I lost my family over something I feel so strongly about. I've seen death and honor but never the 2 together. I have ghosts that haunt my nights as anyone who has done the things I have. But I won't say I regret anything in my past nor will I of anything in my future whatever that may hold.(and that's all I have to say about that) Name the movie that came from........
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

May 27, 2007, 10:58 AM

ur Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

May 27, 2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
The reason I'm posting in this thread is not because I've served the last 8 years in the army, but because I know of a few good friends that have passed in Iraq. This hurts me a bit talking about it, they were good people.

When I was in Iraq (late April '03-late Sep '04), every time I heard people calling us heroes, I'd never think twice about saying 'BS'. After being there a few months and seeing some of what went on (some first hand), I realized it was all those soldiers who gave their lives in the name of freedom who are the real heroes. I just happened to get lucky I suppose.

Now when someone calls me a hero, I don't say anything. I just look away and move on.

For those few friends I lost, RIP brothers, RIP.
i know exactly how you feel.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#9)
I'm so tired

May 27, 2007, 07:06 PM

Did the Rolling Thunder ride today from the pentagon around the so called loop. As usual, met some amazing folks. Some have stories that would make you cry your eyes out and some had stories that would make your sides hurt from laughing so much. Also met one incredible lady who lost her husband on his 3rd tour in Iraq. She thanked me for my service and I couldn't help but thank her for being so strong. Losing someone cannot be an easy thing. She lost the love of her life and the father to her kids. He did what he wanted to do and did it proudly. She never said she was sorry that he was in the military and was so damn proud of him. This woman made me shed a tear. But it was a proud tear and I was happy to meet her.

All in all, it was my 3rd year in a row that I got to do this ride. And I hope to continue to do them as long as I can get on a bike. After that....I will stand in the crowd like everyone else and salute those that make this ride.

I salute those that have served or will serve in the past, present and future. God bless the USA.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#10)
Knee Draggin!

May 27, 2007, 08:51 PM

Your Welcome...
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

May 27, 2007, 09:29 PM

To all the selfless men and women who have and will have given their lives and livelihoods for us: Thank you.
Unread
  (#12)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

May 27, 2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Yes, to everyone reading this who has served or is serving in the US Armed Forces, thank you. I am most grateful for your service.
+1

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#13)
Got my Permit

May 28, 2007, 04:15 AM

To every man and woman who has served and is serving in the U.S. military, thank you for everything that you do and have done. And every man and woman who's given their life for the cause of freedom will never be forgotten

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace

Thank you to all or our currently serving warriors and all of our vets.
I'll say a prayer of thanks and ask God's richest blessings on you.

S
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DiElAuN  
Unread
  (#14)
DT
Yesssssss.....

May 28, 2007, 06:47 AM

RIP to those of my brother's who have fallen and my prayers for their families and their loved ones. This is done for the guy next to you, just hoping you get back in one piece, and this day is for those who did not make it back. May we who do make it out, live our lives to the fullest, constantly reminded of what we have.

You may now return to your starbucks and regularly scheduled posting.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT