DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 505
1 members and 504 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 30, 2005, 04:15 PM

Memorial Day – For most it is a three-day weekend, filled with bar-b-que’s, beach weekends, races, group rides, Rolling Thunder, Thunder Run . . . A time to get away from the Rat Race of the DC Area. For other’s it’s the beginning of summer, a time to look towards the long lazy days and a time to plan your summer get-a-ways. Though for some, Memorial Day holds a special significance.

On May 5, 1868, an order issued by General John Logan established a day of remembrance for those soldiers who died during the Civil War. May 30, 1868, was the day designated for this observance and flowers were placed on the graves of the fallen soldiers of both the Union and Confederate Armies. New York was the first state to officially recognize this observance in 1873 and in 1971 with the passage of the National Holiday Act; Memorial Day was designated as the last Monday of May.

Now for many of us, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, and the Korean War are ancient history. The Vietnam War a fading memory. But with the recent Operations Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, and Iraqi Freedom we, the American people have once again been thrust into a position of remembering those who are fighting and dying today.

I, like my grandfathers, father, uncles and aunt before me, am a veteran. I am and was proud of serving in the Armed Forces. I served in the Marine Corps from 1982 to 1986 during the Beirut conflict. Early in the morning of Oct. 23, 1983, a truck loaded with six tons of explosives smashed into the Marine headquarters at Beirut International Airport. Two hundred and forty-one Americans were killed. How well I remember that morning and the comforting words President Reagan, our Commander & Chief, a man we admired, tried to ensue into our hearts now filled with anger, confusion, and betrayal. That day I learned what Memorial Day is all about.

DC Sportbikes .Net has many proud veterans, as well as active duty military and Foreign Service contractors as members. Some are serving in areas of danger as we back home celebrate the beginning of summer. With the information age, how often I am comforted to know that these Heros can surf the web just to get a taste of home, or just a glimpse of the land they are fighting to keep free from the modern day terror that threatens our way of life.

I encourage everybody on this site to take a few moments out of your day today; set your opinions about the current war aside, and remember those that have fallen to give us the freedom we, as residents of this great land, enjoy today. I also ask that you send some words of support to those on active duty in our armed forces or as civilian contractors, many in harms way. It doesn’t have to be much. Doesn’t even really need to be profound. A simple “Thank You “will do.

On this Memorial Day. I pause to say “Thank You” to those who have established Freedom for this great land, past and present. Because of you, It is a GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!

May your commitment to freedom forever echo into eternity!

Semper Fi!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
DT
Yesssssss.....

May 30, 2005, 04:23 PM

Amen Craig -

Big thanks to all of our current and former Veterans out there. Thank you for everything.

I know we have quite a few military on this board, both past and present - so my thanks goes out to those I know:

ZX600rr01 (my brother Steve)
WARPING GUZZLER
DAYUIZ
Stevezx9r
ROSSI
Woody
04bluegsxr
Paul
Fish (LOL)

and anyone else I missed - happy Memorial Day - thank you all for everything.

Civilian contractors too

DT

Christopher Davis SGT
United States Army Drill Team
11Bravo - 1998 - 2004

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

May 30, 2005, 04:34 PM

same thing, especially to anyone who has lost friends and fellow soldiers over in iraq or afganistan or both,
RIP--john, rodriguez, thomas, randy, manuel, jason, frank, and to all others who I will not mention, your not forgotten

R.I.P. Liz Cross 85-06
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX600R01  
Unread
  (#4)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
May 30, 2005, 05:27 PM

God bless our vets. Thanks Guzz!

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Ballaugh Bridge

May 30, 2005, 08:31 PM

From the VMGR-352 "Raiders" KC-130 squadron: Lcpl Bryan P. Bertrand, Sgt Nathan P. Hays, Sgt Jeanette L. Winters, SSgt Scott N. Germosen, GySgt Stephen L. Bryson, Capt Matthew W. Bancroft and Capt Daniel G. McCollum

From HMH-361 "Flying Tigers": SSgt Walter F. Cohee and SSgt Dwight J. Morgan.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#6)
Happiness Consultant

May 31, 2005, 12:20 AM

THANKS TO ALL OUR VETS AND SOLDIERS!!

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#7)
A girl must have her toys

May 31, 2005, 12:34 AM

Nice Guzz!

I too come from a family of Vets. I am proud to be a Marine and serve my country and am proud of all those on active duty now who are out there facing danger everyday. May God bless you and bring you home soon.

MARINES
ARMY
NAVY
AIR FORCE
NATIONAL GUARD
COAST GUARD

WE ALL RULE!

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#8)
Officially Addicted to Posting

May 31, 2005, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER

On this Memorial Day. I pause to say “Thank You” to those who have established Freedom for this great land, past and present. Because of you, It is a GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!

May your commitment to freedom forever echo into eternity!

Semper Fi!
+1

My grandfather on my mother's side was 17th Airborne, and my grandfather on my father's side was a marine. They went through stuff in WWII that would make most of us cry to hear about. My sister was a marine corps JAG officer, and is active reserve and her husband is an active duty marine. In September he will be going to Iraq (center of the Sunni Triangle from what I understand) for 7 months.

I personally cannot fully appreciate what they or any member of the armed forces/contractors have done and are doing for our country, but I am eternally grateful!

God bless our troops!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

May 31, 2005, 05:43 AM

Great post, Craig!

Thanks to all that serve and have served. RIP to those that have fallen.

How'd ya like to have this heading for ya'?

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70  
Unread
  (#10)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

May 31, 2010, 05:25 PM

Semper Fi to all

http://hooligunsworld.blogspot.com/2...orial-day.html

http://www.militarytimes.com/valor/sacrifice.php

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#11)
Face Down @$$ UP

May 31, 2010, 07:31 PM

Horaaaaah, Guzzz!!!

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#12)
Ton Up!

May 31, 2010, 07:45 PM

Thank You!

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread