DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 565
2 members and 563 guests
nootherids, serrano01
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Microsoft Certified??
Unread
  (#1)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

Microsoft Certified?? - October 13, 2006, 08:08 AM

Ok so I am just finishing up with school in Dec but I want to start taking Microsoft Certified pro classes where do I begin?? What books do I get, I am trying to make some more cake for me and the misses.

Thanks!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

October 13, 2006, 08:09 AM

depends on which cert you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#3)
Ling Long

October 13, 2006, 08:10 AM

Fuck microslop

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#4)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 13, 2006, 08:22 AM

what types do they offer??
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

October 13, 2006, 08:25 AM

I've been doing the whole certification track on my own. I get the books from Amazon and use Test King as a study guide. If you do this kinda work it should be fairly easy to understand even at the Help Desk level. Some of the MCSE gets kinda complicated if you are not familiar with Server 2003. Microsoft has all their certs listed here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.mspx

I know Alex (spud) too some classes a while ago to get some certs so maybe he would be able to help out. Hands on experience will always help understand everything more than reading and taking the tests.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

October 13, 2006, 08:44 AM

www.globalnettraining.com

I went to Houston Texas and got my certs in 10 days. 6 certs.. Check out the site. I would ONLY goto texas Rober Vaughn teaches microsoft folks and has one on one communications with the nerds that make up the rediculous tests..

About 7K for the class and test. That pays for classroom, food, hotel, transportation and books. Just have to pay for your flight out there and back. I got my company to pay for mine under the education assistance.

Lemmie know. Boot camp is by far the best.

Oh FYI, Robert teaches the whole class by memory. NO powerpoint slide bullshit. Smartest man I know.

-alex

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 13, 2006, 08:45 AM

Thanks Brooks, After school is done I want to get the MSFT Cert the more certs you have the more money they pay
Unread
  (#8)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 13, 2006, 08:47 AM

Alex boot camp??
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

October 13, 2006, 09:06 AM

yeah dude, boot camp is what they call it.

I could never do it the brooks way, im too scaterbrained. The boot camp makes you focus on JUST that. Plus it was in texas, away from home. Its just easier for me to learn in that environment....

Seriously though, stretching it out over a year blows donkey balls.

The tests are such crap anyway. They have no bearing on real life enterprise level system engineering. However getting the concepts and microsofts BIG picture is worth it by far.

The certs plus security clearance gets your resume on top, and "could" get your more money.. But if you dont have much experience beyond the certs, a good interviewer will call you out if you arnt honest up front..
It will help you get more $$ once you have the point/click experience behind it though..

In 2007 I will be going back for 2005 certification.. I think i only have to take one or two tests to get it since i have 2003 cert...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

October 13, 2006, 09:17 AM

I have the core books which I can make you a deal on if you're interested. They are all brand new and cover the core tests you'll need.

PM if you're interested! They cost around $280 and I'll sell them to you VERY cheap!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

October 13, 2006, 09:27 AM

2005 certification starts in 2007...

Id wait until january to start the new certification track..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

October 13, 2006, 09:35 AM

Chris I am looking into it as of right now I need to finish school first
Unread
  (#13)
Site Owner

October 13, 2006, 09:50 AM

Seriously. Screw MS certs. Screw any certs. Code in a real man's OS.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

October 13, 2006, 09:54 AM

some of us like the job security that microsoft provides.

your machine is doing what? ok, reboot your machine... all fixed...great.. that'll be 50 bux

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Site Owner

October 13, 2006, 09:55 AM

yay for being a helpdesk monkey!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper