DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 576
2 members and 574 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think she shoud have lost because of her beliefs?
Yes 7 9.59%
No 47 64.38%
Don't Care 19 26.03%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Miss California Gay Marriage Comments
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

Miss California Gay Marriage Comments - May 4, 2009, 07:28 PM

Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California’s comments regarding gay marriage.
When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said “We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.”
Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was “saddened” by Prejean’s statement.
“As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman,” said Lewis in a statement. “I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family.”
Co-director Shanna Moakler told FOXNews.com that she fully supported Lewis’ statement.
Miss California’s answer sparked a shouting match in the lobby after the show. “It’s ugly,” said Scott Ihrig, a gay man, who attended the pageant with his partner. “I think it’s ridiculous that she got first runner-up. That is not the value of 95 percent of the people in this audience. Look around this audience and tell me how many gay men there are.”
Charmaine Koonce, the mother of Miss New Mexico USA Bianca Matamoros-Koonce, argued back.
“In the Bible it says marriage is between Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!”

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Playing with toys

May 4, 2009, 07:31 PM

That's just gay

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#3)
What failure looks like

May 4, 2009, 07:37 PM

She's an idiot...

As for the government enforcing religion, I always feel that same way as I do right now.

There is a very simple answer to this though. All the gays need to do is start their own religion, evoke marriage as a core belief, take that shit to the supreme court and be done with it already.

The only problem with this process is that the gays have to join the same "religious" sect

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#4)
Pfffft...

May 4, 2009, 07:43 PM

Personally i think she's an idiot but who cares is she beleives in that. That means that everyone should just lie to be politically correct. Thats retarded. Yes i said retard.

PFFFFFT... Thats what i think.

2008 GSXR-600
2005 SV650S Naked Streetfigther (Sold)
Unread
  (#5)
whoa preppy......

May 4, 2009, 07:45 PM

Don't ask questions you might not like the answers to.

Not liking her answer and calling her closed minded is being....drum roll....closed minded!

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
I'm to good for your air

May 4, 2009, 07:54 PM

Who cares about Perez I'm gay and get paid for being so Hilton. I think he's too used to ripping people apart in his blogs that he forgets on how to be a decent person in person. I could care less about the pageant winner, I just like the pacing back and forth.

Should she have lost because of her answer, no.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hedfan1  
Unread
  (#7)
What failure looks like

May 4, 2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedfan1 View Post
Should she have lost because of her answer, no.
I find it funny that it's the Miss America pageant and she pretty much gave the answer of the majority of America but lost because of it

What she failed to realize is that the majority of the staff for the Miss America pageant is gay

'04 600RR - Street
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
Unread
  (#8)
Spike

May 4, 2009, 08:06 PM

I don't think she's an idiot for having an opinion. We all have them. I also do not think she should have lost her crown over it. I like those that think for themselves, even if I do not agree with what they believe. I can't stand followers just because it's the 'popular opinion'.
Just my 'opinion'.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#9)
I'm to good for your air

May 4, 2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcooled View Post
I find it funny that it's the Miss America pageant and she pretty much gave the answer of the majority of America but lost because of it

What she failed to realize is that the majority of the staff for the Miss America pageant is gay

:winkofirony:
Unread
  (#10)
What failure looks like

May 4, 2009, 08:11 PM

Just to throw it out there I support gay marriage. I just don't see the big deal! Call it homarriage if you need to to keep the Christian idiots from throwing a fit and give them the same rights under the constitution since it also doesn't define marriage...or any union for that matter (other than the states).

'04 600RR - Street
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
Unread
  (#11)
TPG og

May 4, 2009, 08:28 PM

She shouldn't of lost because of her views, but talk about the worst venue to have that opinion in. I can imagine she wouldn't be warmly welcomed in Dupont Circle either.

Last edited by b00st; May 4, 2009 at 10:42 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

May 4, 2009, 08:31 PM

She's a woman. Who cares what she thinks about politics, same sex marriage, or anything not pertaining to how to operate a kitchen appliance?

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#13)
I'm to good for your air

May 4, 2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
She's a woman. Who cares what she thinks about politics, same sex marriage, or anything not pertaining to how to operate a kitchen appliance?
Oh man, you get me 90% of the time
Unread
  (#14)
Signed up for Track Days!

May 4, 2009, 09:41 PM

Meh... I give her props for speaking her mind.... That's what makes this country great, you can have an opinion, and express it openly.
Unread
  (#15)
Derpentine Dealer

May 4, 2009, 10:12 PM

I'm willing to bet that she knew full and well that she could not say that and win. I admire someone who chooses principle over fame. I also applaud those who do not cower to the social pressures of the liberal fundamentalists who perpetuate the contradiction of claiming to be all-inclusive while excluding the exclusivists.

About the vote, I have to choose "don't care" because I don't think she lost. Being crowned "I-sold-out-for-this-America " is not winning.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; May 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM..