DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 245
2 members and 243 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
MNF Ravens/Pats
Unread
  (#1)
singin sweet home alabama

MNF Ravens/Pats - December 4, 2007, 12:10 AM

Oh man what a good game that was. Such a heartbreaker for the Ravens - had the superbowl favorite Pats on the ropes several times, but couldn't close the door.

52 yard pass from Kyle Boller on the game's final play is complete and down at the Pats 2 yard line. Game over.

Sucks to lose, but I'm happy the Ravens brought it. All the Sean Taylor respect was good to see, and the boys from "the U", Lewis, Reed, and McGahee left it all on the field.

Okay, it's your turn Steelers - see what you can do with them. Having a team go unbeaten in the supposed era of parity would just suck.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#2)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

December 4, 2007, 08:16 AM

It's hard to win a game when you are playing the opposing team and the refs!

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
Unread
  (#3)
It is what it is!

December 4, 2007, 08:37 AM

The Pats will have a hard time against the Steelers....but, then again.....I think they are playing in NE.

2007 Triumph Daytona 675
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tornado675  
Unread
  (#4)
Popplers!

December 4, 2007, 10:33 AM

The Patriots should have lost that game. The Ravens are just a terrible team, they make great plays but screw up on stupid penalties. Why the hell would you throw the flag into the stands? Man they're such morons.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Face Down @$$ UP

December 4, 2007, 10:43 AM

One of the best MNF games, I have seen in a long time.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#6)
Site Owner

December 4, 2007, 11:36 AM

I think Brian Billick took a page from Joe Gibbs "When To Call The Perfect Timeout" guide.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#7)
Serial Killer

December 4, 2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timultuous
It's hard to win a game when you are playing the opposing team and the refs!
I'm sorry, but that game was poorly officiated on BOTH sides. There were plenty of non-calls that could have cost the Ravens more than they did. The Patriots need to get it together on defense - they cant afford to play like that against Shitsburgh, even if they are playing at home.

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy  
Unread
  (#8)
Fun Lover or lover of fun

December 4, 2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
I think Brian Billick took a page from Joe Gibbs "When To Call The Perfect Timeout" guide.
I must concurr. What a boneheaded move! I don't care what discombobulation is going on between the coaching staff and the players, right then was the absolute worst timing for any timeout. If he really wanted a timeout, he should have called it way before then.

R.I.P. Eric. You were truly like a younger brother to me. May you live on in all those you helped and reached out to help. You are truly missed!

tfinch: well, actually, if he did, that's fine cause it's in the pockets!
tfinch
: Mike, can you feel bubbles floating around in there?

tfinch: Bubbles! Yes! Gurgly bubbles!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Timultuous  
there were
Unread
  (#9)
anything with two wheels

there were - December 4, 2007, 01:19 PM

there were trying to call the time out for a bit, not at the exact last second.

the officiating this year has to be the worse i have ever seen. the raven's were completly mugging pat's recievers all night long but didn't start calling it tell the 4th.

the league really needs to address this issue and start firing some officials.
games are tough enough for everyone without the zebras screwing it up.

that being said, the ravens are retards. they had that game. all penalties at the end were correct calls. they just got too exicited and creamed their jeans.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to 2wheelin  
Unread
  (#10)
Dressed for Success

December 4, 2007, 01:28 PM

The best part of last night's game was Steve Young's commentary at the end....

"The Patriots have been raping and pillaging tight ends for years..."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)

December 4, 2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotx
The Patriots should have lost that game. The Ravens are just a terrible team, they make great plays but screw up on stupid penalties. Why the hell would you throw the flag into the stands? Man they're such morons.
There's a lot more to this story...

According to the Ravens, the refs were talking shit to them all night. Just prior to the personal foul, one of the refs was jawing with Samari Rolle, the Ravens #2 cornerback. Rolle complained that the ref didn't know how to do his job after the TD pass to Gaffney, and the ref got into verbal sparring with him. The ref apparently took serious offense and insulted Rolle with some kind of demeaning "boy" statements.

According to Derek Mason, a pretty well respected guy all around who tells it like it is - the refs were verbally jawing with the Ravens all night - and made a few comments worse than the "boy" insults to Rolle.

However, after the TD, Bart Scott - who is a team mate to a fault - overheard the jawing with Rolle and that series of trash talking is what lead to Scott throwing the flag into the stands.

There's going to be a lot of fines, but I damn well hope they bring something down on the refs for this game, because that kind of jawing with players brings into quesiton the integrity of the officiating... especially when the Pats wind up getting bailed out of 2 failed fourth down conversions by dubious or convenient calls.

Regardless of the truth of the call, you shouldn't have to be dealing with verbal trash from officials. And before anyone jumps in that they should have ignored it or not said anything to the refs - NFL players play with passion and emotion; to expect them to not make a single comment during the heat of a game is ridiculous - teams do it all the time. This time, the refs took it personal. It's a whole lot easier for a ref to keep his cool than a player. The ref has nothing at stake in the outcome of a game and isn't out there fighting.

While we're on the subject of verbal sparring - anyone else notice Rodney Harrison taunting Ravens head coach Brian Billick? Harrison apparently said something to Billick about his QB that Billick said he couldn't repeat - and we saw the "kiss kiss" face Billick made back on tv. All of this right in front of an official and no taunting call.

The Ravens were fighting the refs for most of the 4th quarter - and I think the "boy" taunt from the official after the final TD just broke the camel's back so to speak. Scott went ape shit. I thought for sure he was about to deck an official - it took 3 other Ravens to pull him away. I'll be surprised if he's not suspended.

Overall, GREAT game, but REALLY shitty officiating on the Pats last couple drives. And if what the Ravens are saying is true - then some disciplinary action needs to be taken against the refs, even though I'm not condoning the Ravens reaction.

Ravens should have won, but that's the way this season has gone for them.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
Unread
  (#12)

December 4, 2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Billick didn't call the TO. It was Rex Ryan, the Ravens defensive coordinator. I thought only the head coach could call a timeout from the sideline? That's another thing about the game that's being talked about.

Man, to stop a team 3 times on 4th down on the same drive, and still not stop the drive:

Unread
  (#13)

December 4, 2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelin
the officiating this year has to be the worse i have ever seen. the raven's were completly mugging pat's recievers all night long but didn't start calling it tell the 4th.

the league really needs to address this issue and start firing some officials.
games are tough enough for everyone without the zebras screwing it up.

that being said, the ravens are retards. they had that game. all penalties at the end were correct calls. they just got too exicited and creamed their jeans.
The officiating was bad, but no way the Ravens were mugging Pats receivers. Every single one of the calls that were made, except McAlister tackling Moss in the endzone (otherwise a sure TD), are 50/50 calls. Really ticky tack crap if you ask me... its facking football for Chr.st sake. The amount of contact was no more than the Pats were dishing out in pushoffs. How many times did the Pats OL get called for holding?? Once? Suggs & Ngata and Barnes should bring the Pats up on molestation charges they were holding so much. I think Brady had time to eat a sandwhich and take a nap on most plays. Hell, Moss flat out ran over Rolle and Rolle gets charged with illegal contact for taking the receiver down with him. Such BS, Moss fell on Rolle, Rolle didn't pull him down. How do you take a guy down holding your arms away from him??

Basically, the Ravens lost because the final 3 possesions prior to the Pats go ahead TD were 3 and outs: run run pass punt x 3.

That and the Pats still needed help. Rex's random timeout, a really late false start call, and a ticky tack pass interference call on 3 otherwise failed 4th down attempts.

The Ravens played well against an undboutably superior team - but like the rest of the season, they couldn't put everything together. I was pissed about the officiating, but I was happy the Ravens didn't lay down for the Pats.

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; December 4, 2007 at 08:01 PM..