DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
4 members and 549 guests
GRN96WS6, HenryW, Slider, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Mobile Roadwork?
Unread
  (#1)
T.R.I.T.D.H
 
TalkofDC's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,151
Join Date: June 9, 2008
Location: Whoodbridge?
Mobile Roadwork? - April 15, 2011, 01:45 PM

Anyone see these signs on 95 South around or just after the mixing bowl?

What gives?

Mobile ....Roadwork....what the heck is that? I mean isn't the word MOBILE unnecessary when you are talking about roadwork? (yes I understand some road work may take a few years to complete at one location...so it's more permanent than temporary...but still...it's on location...which is mobile)

Any one in contruction/roadwork wanna chime in???


What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Derpetologist
 
Posts: 6,270
Join Date: September 7, 2010
April 15, 2011, 02:17 PM

Well I would guess it just reminds people to keep an eye out for changes, rather than expect the same road situation they saw at an earlier time. You can never assume people are SEEing.


*Not intended to be a factual statement.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,977
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
April 15, 2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Anyone see these signs on 95 South around or just after the mixing bowl?

What gives?

Mobile ....Roadwork....what the heck is that? I mean isn't the word MOBILE unnecessary when you are talking about roadwork? (yes I understand some road work may take a few years to complete at one location...so it's more permanent than temporary...but still...it's on location...which is mobile)

Any one in contruction/roadwork wanna chime in???
Why do you ask so many retarded questions? For all the zot damn questions you ask, you should know everything about everything by now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
T.R.I.T.D.H
 
TalkofDC's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,151
Join Date: June 9, 2008
Location: Whoodbridge?
April 15, 2011, 02:20 PM

yeah I guess so...one day you come though a certain and all if fine and well...next day all 4 lanes are shifted all the way over to the side...lol.

Just thought mobile was an excessive adj. for roadwork that was already "mobile"....


What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Derpetologist
 
Posts: 6,270
Join Date: September 7, 2010
April 15, 2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC
yeah I guess so...one day you come though a certain and all if fine and well...next day all 4 lanes are shifted all the way over to the side...lol.

Just thought mobile was an excessive adj. for roadwork that was already "mobile"....
Or maybe even they'll have the left lane blocked off, a couple hours block off the right lane. All kinds of shit.


*Not intended to be a factual statement.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H
 
TalkofDC's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,151
Join Date: June 9, 2008
Location: Whoodbridge?
April 15, 2011, 03:05 PM

True.

Anyone post on here who does roadwork/construction?

googled but nothing came up. kinda seems like a common sense type thing but still just curious...


What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
SRWJTS Recruiter
 
ReasonableDoubt's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,416
Join Date: August 18, 2010
Location: Fairfax, VA
April 15, 2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantGetCaught

Why do you ask so many retarded questions? For all the zot damn questions you ask, you should know everything about everything by now.
Exactly why he's the only person on my ignore list.


"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ
 
drt_Jumper's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,921
Join Date: August 28, 2007
Location: Manassas Va
April 15, 2011, 04:10 PM

Jesus Christ....you are bitching about someone/something being excessive.......damn. And for your LD ass let me help you out....Mobile Roadwork is work such as fixing potholes, moving jersey barriers, spraying herbicide...shit that take a few mins at each location while moving along down the road during the day!

Hey Rob can we limit certain people from asking but one question a day?
.
.
.
No seriously can we?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
DFL
 
norm-rvt's Avatar
 
Posts: 841
Join Date: June 7, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
April 15, 2011, 04:15 PM

To the OP:



"They should have sent a poet"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge
 
CrazyMotorcycleGuy's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,876
Join Date: September 29, 2002
Location: VA
April 15, 2011, 05:06 PM

Filling potholes


'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
See the mouth and the eye
 
dv/dt's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,242
Join Date: September 7, 2007
Location: Reston VA
April 16, 2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Jesus Christ....you are bitching about someone/something being excessive.......damn. And for your LD ass let me help you out....Mobile Roadwork is work such as fixing potholes, moving jersey barriers, spraying herbicide...shit that take a few mins at each location while moving along down the road during the day!

Hey Rob can we limit certain people from asking but one question a day?
.
.
.
No seriously can we?
^ what he said. they were doing it on 495 north around tysons this afternoon. Filling potholes and cracks.


-Mark

2007 Yamaha RVI (sold, treat her nice Chris)

MARRC Cornerworker

  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dv/dt  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.