DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
7 members and 535 guests
BigDaddyShoo, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Mojo Usernames? Share and copy iTunes Library
Unread
  (#1)
Emm Teh

Mojo Usernames? Share and copy iTunes Library - June 2, 2008, 09:55 AM

Anyone using it? Whats your username?! I'm beginning to build my library and need some songs!

-- Ducati 1198SP
-- 185cc MadAss Commute 'Scoot
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Michael.Terence Send a message via AIM to Michael.Terence  
Unread
  (#2)
Emm Teh

June 2, 2008, 09:55 AM

Oh, the website:

http://deusty.com/software/mac.php

-- Ducati 1198SP
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Michael.Terence Send a message via AIM to Michael.Terence  
Unread
  (#3)
Retired to most ...

June 2, 2008, 09:57 AM

Does this only work for mac users?

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

June 2, 2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954
Does this only work for mac users?
http://deusty.com/software/windows.php

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
hmmmmmm
Unread
  (#5)
MSF Student

Exclamation hmmmmmm - June 2, 2008, 10:38 AM

It looks like they just put some kind of wrapper around the built iTunes sharing protocol which allows for hosts beyond the local subnet to connect. It also gets around the built in limit of connections inherent to iTunes. Good stuff there.

It might be good for some but personally I'd be wary of using it. Since anyone on the internet can connect to your music library via this application. I'd highly recommend the application of a strong password during the initial account setup.

I'm curious how they get around the DRM of the protected files. Unless you've stripped the DRM and the user identifiers out of your songs I'd be very hesitant to use it. It either violates the EULA of iTunes or it just won't work on protected music files. Unless pirating music and enticing the RIAA is your thing I'd look elsewhere.

[Edit: Looks like you're limited to how many user names you can add before you have to pay them for more. I'll try this between my home and work computer to see if it gets around the DRM stuff.]

[Edit for Justice: It won't work on DRM / protected files. You can still download them but they show up in Red text. You'll need the owners itunes name and password to play them and subsequently place your computer on their allowed devices list. This seems to be just another file sharing program with all the legal implications that comes with it. Bottom line is this, be very careful who you add to your buddies list.]

Last edited by wrenchmonk; June 2, 2008 at 11:03 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to wrenchmonk Send a message via MSN to wrenchmonk  
Unread
  (#6)
Emm Teh

June 2, 2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonk
It looks like they just put some kind of wrapper around the built iTunes sharing protocol which allows for hosts beyond the local subnet to connect. It also gets around the built in limit of connections inherent to iTunes. Good stuff there.

It might be good for some but personally I'd be wary of using it. Since anyone on the internet can connect to your music library via this application. I'd highly recommend the application of a strong password during the initial account setup.

I'm curious how they get around the DRM of the protected files. Unless you've stripped the DRM and the user identifiers out of your songs I'd be very hesitant to use it. It either violates the EULA of iTunes or it just won't work on protected music files. Unless pirating music and enticing the RIAA is your thing I'd look elsewhere.

[Edit: Looks like you're limited to how many user names you can add before you have to pay them for more. I'll try this between my home and work computer to see if it gets around the DRM stuff.]

[Edit for Justice: It won't work on DRM / protected files. You can still download them but they show up in Red text. You'll need the owners itunes name and password to play them and subsequently place your computer on their allowed devices list. This seems to be just another file sharing program with all the legal implications that comes with it. Bottom line is this, be very careful who you add to your buddies list.]

-- Ducati 1198SP
Unread
  (#7)
old fat and slow

June 3, 2008, 12:19 AM

i bought a program called "tune tools" at target for like $29 i think that allows me to back up an ipod to my laptop. i can use this to back up any ipod except touch and nano units. once on my computer i can then add the new songs to my itunes library and then download them to my ipod. the down side to this is that i have to have the donor ipod hooked up to my computer and the donor would need the program on their comp to "backup" my ipod for their use.

i have used it a couple of times and really like how easy it is to use. there was a "patch update" that i needed to download before the program would work but the tune tools website was very easy to navigate and directed you to the patch fairly quickly.

i now have over 9500 songs in my library if anyone is interested in sharing.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam