DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 496
1 members and 495 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Brainwash Your Face!

August 16, 2005, 12:25 PM

Quote:
im brown, on the metro and messin with your head

Ever since Sept 11, but especially after the London subway bombings, i have been getting "the look" on public transportation and at airports. To put it mildly, my days of picking up girls on a plane are over. Shit, getting up to piss on a plane causes at least one lady on a plane to piss herself. It's like a chain reaction.

It's strange for me to get these looks since i was born in this country, have lived the American dream lifestyle, hang out with very few other brown skinned folk and often forget that im not white (you know, american). Im proud of my background/culture, but im american first and only. I dont have an accent, a dot or a large cobra rapped around my head (except on tuesdays). Im your typical poser hipster indian living in DC, trying to get my hands on as much smoke, beer and ass as i can. But step on the metro with my black non-descript outfit and black backpack (remember, im pseudo hipster) and suddenly i transform into Allah-kazam bin Laden. I frighten tourists from nebraska with my brown skin and my indifferent stare. I freak out commuters who, despite living in diverse virginia, still cant tell the difference between a mexican banger and a hindu priest. (clue: banger is wearing clothes).

I used to get pissed (but only at home, alone & in the fetal position) but i have recently come to terms with this racism. Of course racism is gonna happen, and minorities, let me be the first to say- have fun with it. Here's how:

When on metro:
1. look nervous about nothing. check your watch. open and close your phone. whatever. It'll freak out someone.
2. mumble to yourself. I do this anyway (too many shroom trips during college), but throw in some gibberish to really convince them you are close to getting those 72 virgins. I usually speak french…they cant tell.
3. open your book bag at least 3 times. As soon as you reach for the bag, look at their reactions. kodak moments all over the place.

My dream is to go on a plane, act crazy suspicious (you know, exactly like all the other terrorists: wearing an obvious turban, sweating profusely and issuing fatwa's), basically inviting some white folk to beat the shit out of me. Then when they open my bags, it will be full of bibles and medicine for sick children. Then i'll sue all the muthafuckers and go live on some island with all my money and broken bones. Now that's the american dream.

Now, im sure someone out there, maybe even another brown skin person, is saying that i shouldn't do that cause it causes unnecessary attention, harm or spreads hate and distrust. Well, guess what? You're absolutely right. But you know what else? Fuck you. cause i gotta deal with this bullshit everyday on the metro. The goddamn metro. It's not even a cool subway like NYC or in Paris. The lame ass DC metro.
[/quote]

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
One and Only

August 16, 2005, 12:30 PM

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

August 16, 2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Metro Foils Al-Qaeda Plot (warning: gallows humor)

Al-Qaeda attempts to bomb Metro were foiled when:

AQ Bomber # 1 arrives at Woodley Park-Zoo station and discovers the escalator is out-of-order. Bomb kills him before he can get all the way downstairs.

AQ Bomber # 2 arrives at Smithsonian station and finds it clogged with tourists who are blocking the whole escalator. He doesn't know how to yell "stay to the right". Bomb kills him as he's running to the farecard machine.

AQ Bomber # 3 makes it to a farecard machine. The farecard machine won't take either of his bills or half his change. Bomb goes off and kills him as he fumbles for another nickel.

AQ Bomber # 4 decided to buy farecard with his debit card. Bomb goes off and kills him before he can figure the freakin' thing out.

AQ Bomber # 5 makes it through turnstile only to find the last esaclator is out of order and nobody is moving. Bomb goes off and kills him as he runs towards the train (bing! doors closing! bing!).

I'm not sure Metro needs more security.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#4)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
August 16, 2005, 12:36 PM

Thats funny stuff

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#5)
Asleep at the wheel!

August 16, 2005, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Quote:

AQ Bomber # 5 makes it through turnstile only to find the last esaclator is out of order and nobody is moving. Bomb goes off and kills him as he runs towards the train (bing! doors closing! bing!).
Man I started laughing out loud at the (bing! doors closing! bing!) part. I can just see that shit in my head.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

August 16, 2005, 12:39 PM

That bout sums it up. Great read. Hell my last name gets me singled out evertime at the airport. Fuggers!!!

To be truley successful in life is to be loved, honored and respected for who you are and the principles you represent in life.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/11576/humorsign.gif[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#7)
A girl must have her toys

August 16, 2005, 01:07 PM

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#8)
I'm so tired

August 16, 2005, 01:20 PM

Classic.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#9)
need more knee down

August 16, 2005, 01:28 PM

....yet sad he is goin thru it

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#10)
I am a bitch, so what?

August 16, 2005, 08:24 PM

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil