DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
6 members and 534 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
More test pix with new Cam
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

More test pix with new Cam - September 27, 2006, 09:01 AM

Just messing around, wanted to share.

Comment as you will

Damn the shakes!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
TIMMEH!

September 27, 2006, 09:05 AM

Nice pics spud...Looks like you are getting the hang of the camera pretty quickly. Although judging by that last picture, it looks like you forgot to take your "medicine" last night.

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

September 27, 2006, 09:14 AM

haha.. I dont have a tripod yet, but that plant is off my back deck, so i was trying to use the deck rail as a way to hold steady...
didnt work out so well.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 27, 2006, 10:27 AM

i hate flash...i never even learned how to use the built-in one. it makes that harsh shadow and the pictures always end up looking cold unless you increase the temperature. Id get a tripod and shoot the same pictures in P-mode. Theyll come out totally different
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Ducati addict

September 27, 2006, 12:13 PM

I know little but photography, but I DO know your cat has some freaky eyes!
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

September 27, 2006, 12:40 PM

That's with dah D80?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70  
Unread
  (#7)
BOHICA

September 27, 2006, 01:06 PM

Looks good. And as people have mentioned, just bring the camera out and take pictures. Experiment with different settings and see how things turn out. I'm debating looking for a used Canon 20D to replace my A95 as I constantly feel shackled with the Point-and-Shoot mentality that the A95 was born into.

Just keep taking pictures and you'll learn the proper techniques. And check out a few of these links as well.

Landscape Photography tips and tricks
Tips and free photochop actions
Ken Rockwell How-to

'05 SV
'05 SSR 125 SB-A
'98 Impreza RS

Member of the 72% Club
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AJ711  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

September 27, 2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ711
Looks good. And as people have mentioned, just bring the camera out and take pictures. Experiment with different settings and see how things turn out. I'm debating looking for a used Canon 20D to replace my A95 as I constantly feel shackled with the Point-and-Shoot mentality that the A95 was born into.

Just keep taking pictures and you'll learn the proper techniques. And check out a few of these links as well.

Landscape Photography tips and tricks
Tips and free photochop actions
Ken Rockwell How-to

cool links, man. thanks I am gonna use em too!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70  
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

September 27, 2006, 01:10 PM

If you want to learn, buy "Understanding Exposure", put your camera in M mode, and futz around a lot with different f-stops and shutter speeds while taking a ton of pictures.

Another thing you might want to do is buy a hot-shoe mounting flash that can be rotated and not rely on the built in one. Bouncing flash off the ceiling makes a much nicer looking picture than a straight on flash shot.
Unread
  (#10)
Owner of the Site Owner

September 27, 2006, 01:10 PM

wut kind of camera?

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#11)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

September 27, 2006, 01:23 PM

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

September 27, 2006, 04:03 PM

Thanks everyone.

Great advice.

Yes that was with the Nikon D80 and i havnt had much time to mess with too much.

The leaf pix were in P mode, but because of my shakes they didnt come out well.

Totally agree on the flash. I read that you can rubber band a playing card to the pop up flash to bounce it up instead of at the subject.

I plan on really takin some time. Those pix were my attempts in about a 1/2 hour.

I wanted to try P mode since it does the f/A stuff for you, then i was gonna start adjusting on my own.

A tri-pod is FIRST on my list.

Thanks for the links and book!

Freaky eyes! Thats the asshold cat. He dominates the dog and the other cat. No one messes with his resting spots..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

September 27, 2006, 08:22 PM

Alex nice pics!! use the good old laser point to move his ass
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 28, 2006, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ711
20Ds are great cameras. I might be picking up a second one to carry around...that or a used 1D