DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
4 members and 550 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
more test pix with new flash
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

more test pix with new flash - October 19, 2006, 09:44 AM

Awright, so i went and got the new top end flash that Nikon makes.

Its the SB-800. All kinds of settings that I do not understand. Best part is that if you set it to TTL, it well set itself to whatever settings are on the camera. shutter speed, apeture etc.. Not that I know what im doing with those settings either...

Another cool thing about this flash is that i can take it off the camera, put it on a little stand that came with it and put it anywhere in the room so that the flash will go off remotely. So i can have the flash go off to the side of the subject instead of directly on..

Again a ton more settings that will take me forever to figure out..

So far i am happy to not have the crazy red-eye that shows up when i take pix of my animals..

So here are more soso pix.
In my excitement, i forgot to turn down the ISO (shutter speed) so the pix came out a little grainy..

Anyway:

Normally my very sweet cat apparently was saying a big FUCK YOU!

Back off bitch!!

She apparently had enough of my lens in her face:

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Owner of the Site Owner

October 19, 2006, 09:49 AM

i forgot so i am going to ask again - which camera?

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
whoa preppy......

October 19, 2006, 09:50 AM

You're going to make some man very happy in the future.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet
i forgot so i am going to ask again - which camera?
Nikon D80

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
You're going to make some man very happy in the future.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#6)
Stercus accidit

October 19, 2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

This is the strangest macro pic I've ever seen. Did you just put letters over a random pic or is that really scot?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 09:54 AM

Scot can answer that.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#8)
whoa preppy......

October 19, 2006, 10:00 AM

I don't know who that guy is but that chick is money.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 10:07 AM

You know you could never score a hot chic like that!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

October 19, 2006, 11:09 AM

nice pictures of your fat dog Alex. I might go shoot some pics of the changing leaves this weekend if the weather clears up.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 11:14 AM

I was thinking of doing the same.. I will be patrolling fri and sat night, so late sat afternoon i might be down... ill call ya.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 11:24 AM

pending weather, looks like skyline drive might be an option... you down brooks?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 19, 2006, 11:24 AM

Did you have the flash pointed right at the animals? I dont know if youve tried it yet, but you might want to angle the flash up (over 60deg) and use a flash card or omni bounce. If you dont have a flash card then you can just put a 3x5 card behind the flash and attach it with a rubber band.

I just picked up my 580ex flash this week too
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

October 19, 2006, 11:29 AM

that was the point of this thread. The SB-800 i had angled at 45 degrees. Hence NO red eyeballs on the animals..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

October 19, 2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
pending weather, looks like skyline drive might be an option... you down brooks?
I can do sat afternoon. Just let me know, I shouldnt be up to anything.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks