DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
4 members and 549 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Motion Picture, Anime, Video Game Firearms Database
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Motion Picture, Anime, Video Game Firearms Database - February 17, 2011, 03:32 PM

Ever Wanted to find out what guns were used in that movie you watched the other day?

Or what gun your favorite character was using?

Well here you go. It's a pretty extensive and detailed database too, even for the fantasy guns.

Searchable by movie, character name, actor name, or gun.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/

Examples:
Jericho 941 - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

-or-

Vasquez. Fuck yeah! Let's Rooooooooock! (BTW - the chick that played her was 100% Jewish. No an iota of Latin in her.)

A pre-production sketch of the smartgun.

Both PFC J. Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein), and Private M. Drake (Mark Rolston) use M56 Smart Guns. These were made from German MG42 machine guns. The body-mounting apparatus was made from Steadicam "arms," with other miscellaneous parts coming from various motorcycles. (Hey Dutch & Dodge, this now qualifies as a motorcycle post!)

Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan - .45 Long Colt and .454 Casull

Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington) carries two Smith & Wesson 4506 pistols in .45 ACP throughout the movie. .45 ACP handguns were approved for LAPD carry after the infamous North Hollywood shootout. In one scene of the film, where Alonzo and Jake come under fire from a gang of Crips while serving a warrant in the Imperial Courts neighborhood of Watts, he fires both weapons simultaneously, holding one sideways, "gangsta"-style.

Neo (Keanu Reeves) opens up with a GE M134 Minigun mounted on a Bell 212 helicopter while rescuing Morpheus. According to armorer John Bowring, they were firing the gun half-speed at 3,000rpm though the gun was capable of firing 6,000rpm.

The unusual set of shotguns that Mouse (Matt Doran) uses are custom-built cam-operated electric driven automatic 12 gauge shotguns with 25-shell cylinders and a fire rate of 900 rounds per minute. They were crafted by John Bowring, lead armorer of the film. As an inside joke, Bowring named the guns "Andy" (serial no. A1169 - Leetspeak for Andy) and "Larry" (serial no. L2779 - Leetspeak for Larry) after the Wachowski brothers, the writers and directors of the film. It can be assumed in the movie world, Mouse designed these shotguns for himself like he designed the woman in the red dress.

One of my favorite movies on the DL.

Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range Rifle

Matthew Quigley (Tom Selleck) uses a Shiloh Sharps 1874 Long Range rifle with a 34" barrel (4"s longer than a standard 30" barrel) converted to fire a .45-110 metallic cartridge with a 540 grain paper-patch bullet. It has double set triggers, and is fitted with a ladder-elevated Vernier peep sight and a Globe front sight. He is an incredible sharpshooter with this rifle and often makes use of the double set triggers for more accurate shots. Sometimes he shoots from so far away, the report of the rifle is heard 2-3 seconds after the impact of the bullet (Even though sound catches up with supersonic rounds after 300-400 yards). Several times in the film the gun is shown capable of sending people airborne (some even completely flipped in mid-air!), as movie rules states a big gun must send bad guys flying.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

February 17, 2011, 05:23 PM

Good post pimp. I never doubted you

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

February 17, 2011, 08:07 PM

^^^I'm not such a bad guy.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#4)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 18, 2011, 09:47 AM

this is her now I think...

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
this is her now I think...
Yeah, that's her. I think she's had some other bit parts in more recent movies but she's most recognized as Vasquez. FF 20 years and it looks like Michelle Rodgriuez is the new "Vasquez" in everything for all intents and purposes.

Unread
  (#6)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 18, 2011, 01:47 PM

I don't know...maybe it's just the way she is standing in that pic from the movie but damn I wish I could rewind time...I'd really like to have a go.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
  Send a message via AIM to  

Tags
another heist post, cool beans, firearms, movie guns