DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 522
4 members and 518 guests
GRN96WS6, nootherids, tonetone, TonUp
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Moving to CO
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

Moving to CO - August 8, 2009, 09:36 PM

I'm moving to Colorado Springs. Midlife crisis, no. It's called a divorce and I am moving on with life. I'm here in the Springs now for the week and have checked out Denver and Pueblo. Springs are awesome. This will be a hard decision for me to make since I'll be leaving family and friends behind. Hopefully all will work out for the best. I'm sure to meet new friends in CO as nice as all of you have been with me. Thanks.

I'm curious on how my employer will react on mon. when I tell them my decision.

Did I mention the 4 local racetracks within 2 hours drive and Miller Motorsprts park and Salt Lake Flats are nine hours away?

John
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
God of the Gaps

August 9, 2009, 12:16 AM

Colorado is awesome. I especially like Colorado Springs. We were just out there a few weeks ago visiting my sister in Fort Collins and driving around CO and UT. Had to do the AF Academy and Garden of the Gods in the Springs before heading over to Moab. If you want a nice day ride, take 24 west. Not too far past Buena Vista take 82 over to Aspen. 82 is nice and twisty all the way up over Independence Pass at 12,000 feet and down to Aspen.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GET SOME ! ! !

August 9, 2009, 12:24 AM

I've always heard good things about CO...Good luck to you man, I'm sure it'll all work out

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

August 9, 2009, 12:32 AM

Hey John .. good luck moving to Co .. Hope you find a descent crowd there as well!

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Get Tarded!

August 9, 2009, 01:38 AM

It is so much better there I grew up the later part of my childhood in the western slope; and later part through college living between Boulder and Denver. Riding and living over there is so much better there is no comparison much more respectful and friendly, better weather, humidity is not a issue, there is just so much more to do if your a outdoor person the music, roads, and not to mention the springs has one of the most world renowned races whether or not you realize it the annual pikes peak race.

Congrats on your choice!! I just came out here in September for my job and am home sick for the place I am taking leave to go bike out there the end of the month.
Unread
  (#6)
Snuggly Jeff can't b dead

August 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

It was a really fun place to live. I was there from 00-04. Made a lot of friends I still keep in touch with.

Check out www.coracing.net , there are a lot of good ppl on that board. Good luck with the move!

'06 Sparkiling Graphite 600RR
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to andyman97  
Unread
  (#7)
Knee Draggin!

August 9, 2009, 10:53 AM

Best of luck to you. I love CO, the skiing, over 300 sunny days a year, mountains, etc etc. Would be a great place to own a bike as well. The Denver area would be at the top of my list if I were to move.

08 CBR10RR8
NESBA - I #89
Unread
  (#8)
Spike

August 9, 2009, 01:30 PM

Good luck!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#9)
Go Team Venture!!!

August 9, 2009, 01:49 PM

That's funny I am looking to do the same thing. I hope to be there by the end of the year.

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#10)
Eddie would go ...

August 9, 2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
That's funny I am looking to do the same thing. I hope to be there by the end of the year.
awesome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#11)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

August 9, 2009, 04:42 PM

Sorry about your bad luck hope everything turns out alright. A friend of mine lives out in Boulder and says you'll love it out there.later man

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
Unread
  (#12)
idiot

August 9, 2009, 08:33 PM

Sweeet, I go to school at Colorado State University in Fort Collins and this is probably my last summer in Maryland. In fact, I head back out to school at the end of this week. Roads are beyond amazing, you'll never see chicken strips.

You should check out www.cosportbikeclub.org, lots of people there are from the springs and everyone I've met from that site are awesome. I've made some good friends out in CO due to that site.

Edit: If you like 211, Highway 7 that goes into Lyons is in my opinion a hell of a lot more fun than 211.

Greg
09 Honda CBR1000RR
02 Honda VFR800
(sold)
07 Kawi ZX-6R (sold)
08 Honda CBR600RR (wrecked)
05 Kawi 636 (sold)

Last edited by CannonballGB; August 9, 2009 at 08:40 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
MSF Student

August 9, 2009, 10:52 PM

I just got back here to VA. Stepped outside the Dulles airport and the heat and humidity is ridiculous. Too bad all of the homes I like are in Pueblo. Besides, the apartment life can't be too bad. It's been a long time since I've stayed in an apartment. Downside is parking all of my vehicles and trailers.

I was talking to a guy in my hotel parking lot this morning. He had PA tags on his Triumph bonneville and previously lived in the Springs also. Him and his buddy from Kansas were on their to ride around the mountains.
Unread
  (#14)
MSF Student

August 9, 2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post

That's good to hear that I'm not the only one to pack his gear and go.
I did see alot of bikers with no helmets wearing shorts and tees.
Unread
  (#15)
Go Team Venture!!!

August 9, 2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadR6Man View Post
That's good to hear that I'm not the only one to pack his gear and go.
I did see alot of bikers with no helmets wearing shorts and tees.
Depending on when either of us plans to go, we might be able to split costs. I have two cars, motorcycle and a truckload of stuff to ship. I could use someone to drive one of the cars while I trailer the other. We could get a big truck throw the bikes in the back and split the costs.

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi