DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 568
3 members and 565 guests
fxc3700, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
MSFT vs. APPL Infographic
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,591
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
MSFT vs. APPL Infographic - June 28, 2011, 05:30 PM




“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
vonstallin's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,828
Join Date: November 2, 2006
Location: Wash DC: (2 min from Adams Morgan)
June 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

lol new apple desktop considered a weapon by US government because of speeds lol.


The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,591
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
June 28, 2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
lol new apple desktop considered a weapon by US government because of speeds lol.
Don't laugh. At one point the Xbox was banned from direct export to certain countries because the processors inside them were some of the most powerful at the time and the US government feared they could be used by enemies to further their weapons development programs or be used as part of inexpensive guidance computers.


The US Airforce actually has a daisy chained cluster of the original Playstation 3's (the ones you could wipe and put Linux on) because when strung together, they make a very inexpensive super computer rig!



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
June 28, 2011, 07:54 PM



13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
June 28, 2011, 08:13 PM

Fixed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg longhistory.jpg (371.7 KB, 60 views)


13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,591
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
June 28, 2011, 08:24 PM

^^^Long Cat is long.



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Quit moving!
 
MPSniper's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,524
Join Date: April 14, 2007
Location: Sterling, VA
June 28, 2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Don't laugh. At one point the Xbox was banned from direct export to certain countries because the processors inside them were some of the most powerful at the time and the US government feared they could be used by enemies to further their weapons development programs or be used as part of inexpensive guidance computers.


The US Airforce actually has a daisy chained cluster of the original Playstation 3's (the ones you could wipe and put Linux on) because when strung together, they make a very inexpensive super computer rig!
Yup, a LOT of agencies are using the daisy chained PS3's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient View Post
Really Snipes? Thats how you get down??

I got $1000 on Snipes being the best at this shit!!

Who wanna put a stack up against that? Who the fuck is Snipes' competition?

That motherfucker through in some flat asses for 5150 then told him to stfu and enjoy!

Man Snipes is the Mike Jordan of this shit!!

This threads stock just rose like a SOB!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
June 28, 2011, 09:19 PM

Windows XP about put Microsoft into the wall.


How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,473
Join Date: October 1, 2002
Location: King George, VA
June 28, 2011, 09:52 PM

I don't like the direction apple is taking. They discontinued the Xserve, which admittedly only served a small niche market (mostly education and high end video production places who used XSan), and decided not to license another server manufacturer to develop a replacement. No longer can you get a 1U mac server with redundant power supplies and pairable ethernet ports.

In addition, they're moving more towards a closed ecosystem on the desktop side, which I don't think will serve organizations who may be considering moving to the mac (my last employer included.)

Final Cut X is, by all accounts, a huge step backwards.

Logic is still amazing, but I worry about the next release after the final cut debacle.

Steve Jobs' complete disregard for what the customer wants is annoying. When asked about there being no bootable DVD option for lion, he basically shrugged it off and said "tough".

Lame all around


-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,591
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
June 28, 2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
I don't like the direction apple is taking. They discontinued the Xserve, which admittedly only served a small niche market (mostly education and high end video production places who used XSan), and decided not to license another server manufacturer to develop a replacement. No longer can you get a 1U mac server with redundant power supplies and pairable ethernet ports.

In addition, they're moving more towards a closed ecosystem on the desktop side, which I don't think will serve organizations who may be considering moving to the mac (my last employer included.)

Final Cut X is, by all accounts, a huge step backwards.

Logic is still amazing, but I worry about the next release after the final cut debacle.

Steve Jobs' complete disregard for what the customer wants is annoying. When asked about there being no bootable DVD option for lion, he basically shrugged it off and said "tough".

Lame all around


Jobs singular vision is beginning to become a communist vision and Apple's no brainer yet forgotten feature quirks, which are pretty much standard in the market place, yet left out because "Steve doesn't like it." is pissing off a lot of the early Mac apostles.

Keep sleeping on Android x Chrome and doing it "your way," Steve. If you're not careful, you'll become the new MSFT.



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Derpetologist
 
Posts: 6,270
Join Date: September 7, 2010
June 28, 2011, 10:42 PM

Apple is pretty much branded for the "no-spreadsheet" user now. They tried that game and lost. Seems like they want nothing to do with education and corporate markets anymore - They will just own the home user market...


*Not intended to be a factual statement.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ
 
Posts: 2,691
Join Date: August 10, 2010
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN
June 29, 2011, 02:04 AM

Any form of media manipulation or convenience, I will take Mac over PC. Anything else, including gaming or using media, I will ll take PC. iTunes sucks


Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,473
Join Date: October 1, 2002
Location: King George, VA
June 29, 2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail
Apple is pretty much branded for the "no-spreadsheet" user now. They tried that game and lost. Seems like they want nothing to do with education and corporate markets anymore - They will just own the home user market...
This. Which is lame, because not only did their server products do well for education, but they were lower tco too


-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
June 29, 2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
Apple is pretty much branded for the "no-spreadsheet" user now. They tried that game and lost. Seems like they want nothing to do with education and corporate markets anymore - They will just own the home user market...
Which is exactly why my resume just got updated since they are planning to go mac here.


13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms
 
Fitz's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,473
Join Date: October 1, 2002
Location: King George, VA
June 29, 2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie

Which is exactly why my resume just got updated since they are planning to go mac here.
Pics or it didn't happen


-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.