DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 223
3 members and 220 guests
GRN96WS6, nootherids, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
My incredibly asinine and abhorrent experience last night at the stealership
Unread
  (#1)
Naked...it's the only way

My incredibly asinine and abhorrent experience last night at the stealership - March 16, 2007, 11:44 AM

I'll try to make this as short as possible, so bear with me.

The wife and I went to the dealership last night to pick up the slightly used MDX we had picked out the night before. We chose the car based on its price and features (obviously, but you'll see how that point fits shortly).

The used car manager (assistant manager) was a jackass throughout the whole transaction, so what transpired wasn't much of a suprise. On our way down from the finance office, expecting to get the classic "thank you very much for your business and enjoy your new car" handshake, one of the salespeople stopped me with "sir, there is a small problem". Somehow, speculation aside, between picking out the MDX and signing the papers, the all-weather mats (including the large rear cargo tray, which I'm told is quite pricey) had disappeared. Now, I saw that coming from a mile away, as I noticed them sitting in the parking lot behind the MDX the night before. The conversation between the manager and I went something like this:

"So, I assume I'll just be getting one of those "We Owe" slips for all the missing parts?"

"Sorry, I can't do that"

"Umm, I'm pretty sure you can"

"It's not my fault they're missing. I'll give you a slip for new regular mats, but there's no way I can get them all"

"You can get them all, just as quickly as I can tear up this contract"

"Whatever you feel you have to do"

Now, I have connections througout the dealership (mainly service techs). Two of which are close personal friends. One of them was standing with me at the time and continued to argue with said jackass while I walked over to the finance guy to talk about getting out of the contract. In the middle of that conversation, my friend walks over for a "We Owe" slip for 1 set of regular mats and 1 set of all weather mats. The guy refused to sign off on the cargo mat, claiming it was just too much.

I decided to take the slip and leave, knowing that this was far from over. The real kicker here, is that my buddy (and the manager) had a pretty good feeling where they were, whether or not they were stolen. They all suspected that one of the employees had taken them. The optimist says they are hiding somewhere safe, while the pessimist says someone saw them and went "ooh! eBay!".

My big issue is how the manager dealt with it. Clearly in the wrong, he refused to treat me like a human and accept responsibility for equipment being lost/stolen while in possesion of the vehicle. Make no mistake, one complaint has already been filed and I will not give up.

***UPDATE***
While typing this out, I received phone calls from 2 of my friends saying the mats have been located.......In the trunk of another car. Notice I did not say the manager (or any sales rep for that matter) has called me. I don't want to give details on the staff or location yet. I will, though, as soon as I have spoken with someone in management to see how they intend to apologize to my wife and I.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
DAS BOOT

March 16, 2007, 11:52 AM

Holy crap, that guy sounds like a real doooooouche bag. Sorry about your experience... Did you call and speak to the GM/ Owner?

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#3)

March 16, 2007, 11:57 AM

I placed a call to Honda of America customer support, who LOVES getting those calls...... They've promised to submit my complaint to the GM. If I don't hear anything next week, I walk in there.
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

March 16, 2007, 12:28 PM

you should have made them give you the expensive mats

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#5)

March 16, 2007, 12:32 PM

Those are the expensive mats. My salesman just called to let me know they are in.
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

March 16, 2007, 12:35 PM

you are this upset over matts?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)

March 16, 2007, 12:47 PM

Jesus, Spud, did I anger you in a previous life or something? This is the second thread of mine you've come into and sort of bashed me.

Not that I should have to explain, but here it is. The mats were a key selling point. They are something I need anyway, and being an expensive dealer option, were an attractive addition to the sale. It would be like someone taking off the towing hitch or whatever and them just saying "sucks to be you".
Unread
  (#8)
Republicans for Voldemort

March 16, 2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
you are this upset over matts?
its the freaking principle of the thing... When I bought my 01 Supercharged Nissan PU.... It had fancy Nissan Mats... After I haggled the price down - when I got in it to leave.. It didnt have the mats... I would be god-damned if I forked over some big coin for something to have some asshatt dealer nickel and dime me AFTER the fact - it's bad biz and it's RUDE...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

March 16, 2007, 12:48 PM

i don't think it's about the mats, it's about how the situation was handled by the sales manager. and it is BS. you just sign for something like that and then all of a sudden parts are missing. like if you go to buy a bike with an aftermarket exhaust and that's the way it was advertised and then after you sign the papers they go oh, something happened to that pipe but will give you an OEM exhaust.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

March 16, 2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven
Jesus, Spud, did I anger you in a previous life or something? This is the second thread of mine you've come into and sort of bashed me.

Calm down. Dont be so sensitive, im not singling you out.

I get what you are saying as well as the point a couple other members are saying regarding expecting a part and then them yanking it on you.

Im just curious of the cost of these matts that get you this pissed.

If they are over 500 bucks then i might go into a rant.

oh and i wasnt BASHING you in your truck thread, i was just providing my opinion on an open forum about your "possible" sale of your truck.

You want every side of an opinion right?

Want me wash your panties for ya? I know they are all wrinkled from being bunched up in your ass.

Just playin.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)

March 16, 2007, 01:10 PM

my panties could use a good scrubbin man, let me know when you're free. lot's of sand up there, you know

they are relatively expensive. I don't have the exact quote yet, and even though the price is irrelevant, I do know they are at least $300 retail for the set. Again, not the point at all, but there's your figure. Now, keep in mind the manager insisted that the rear cargo mat itself was $300. I told him i didn't care if it cost a grand, it was his dealership's responsibility to replace it. That's the point, not the money.
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

March 16, 2007, 01:18 PM

I hear ya!

Good luck!

Post pix of your new ride!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

March 16, 2007, 01:33 PM

not only that but i want to know which dealer that is so i will know to avoid them! the second the manager started getting rude i would have given them the keys torn up the contract and then gone to someone who treats you right! you work too hard for your money to give it to some random asshole, make him beg for it.

good luck with the mats.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
you are a little girl
Unread
  (#14)
V-Twin Extreme Power

you are a little girl - March 16, 2007, 01:40 PM

You are being a little girl about the whole thing, you should have gone with the Pilot anyways. I am going to come steal your mats in the middle of the night now and pee in the fish tank.
Unread
  (#15)
DAS BOOT

March 16, 2007, 01:43 PM

Wow. Just..................wow.