DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 524
2 members and 522 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Railing!

September 30, 2005, 03:57 PM

That's what I'd be saying after this remark. DAYUM Dude!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/30/po...rtner=homepage

Some of the things that people say.

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#2)
girls just wanna have fun

September 30, 2005, 04:34 PM

Words from a true jack*ss. He's just backpeddling now by saying, oh, but i meant that would be morally reprehensible. WHATEVER. His underlying opinion is, by aborting all black babies, it would reduce crime. THAT is what he said. and he is a racist nut job. What's scarier is that he held high positions in government and it just shows the underlying racist thinking of a lot of our government officials.

It's morally reprehensible that he was ever given a government job. Or any job for that.

If it doesn't kill me, I'm doing it again.
1986 Honda Rebel 250 (tee-hee ... SOLD)
2001 Honda CBR F4i (SOLD)
2001 Honda Magna VF750
2007 Ducati S2R1000
2009 BMW F800ST
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whirled  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

September 30, 2005, 07:51 PM

this is just a situation thats too complicated for most retarded people to comprehend - its taken out of context AND its ignorant, when you put the two together, neither view point is intelligent. hes completely accurate, but its a statement that applies to a small period of time, and is not offered as a solution for anything, within a small group of people, shits just rediculous. i blame black people and shoot white people are my two favourite sayings.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

October 1, 2005, 02:13 AM

This guy is a jackass, and he's a gambling addict. However, his quote WAS taken out of context and it's laughable that people can't read and/or listen to what he said, and realize that.

'82 Yamaha Maxim 650 (motorcycle graveyard)
'03 Yamaha R1 Blue (stolen-recovered by Anne Arundel Co. Police)
'05 Yamaha R1 Black (protected by Scorpio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTJ
Please don't waste my time wishing you could have this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
I would've punched her in the falopian tube, but I just chucked her purse.

http://www.myspace.com/11550649
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Stercus accidit

October 1, 2005, 07:02 AM

Aborting ALL male babies would reduce the crime rate by about 90% lol.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#6)
Meh

October 3, 2005, 12:43 AM

once again..completely taken out of context. I heard what he said and said oh sh*t to myself knowing the eventual fallout.
Unread
  (#7)
Officially Addicted to Posting

October 3, 2005, 06:10 AM

Taken out of context is one thing but that type of statement in a public forum can bring about pandamonium if not just misunderstandings

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#8)
Meh

October 3, 2005, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrbulldog
Taken out of context is one thing but that type of statement in a public forum can bring about pandamonium if not just misunderstandings
Pandamonium...come on. Even if he meant what he said, I think that is a little bit of an overstatement. We are just talking about words right...? I hear worse stuff in the lyrics of your average hip hop song. Broad strokes statements about women and violence?
Unread
  (#9)
Railing!

October 4, 2005, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrbulldog
Pandamonium...come on. Even if he meant what he said, I think that is a little bit of an overstatement. We are just talking about words right...? I hear worse stuff in the lyrics of your average hip hop song. Broad strokes statements about women and violence?
Words are a powerful thing. Talk to any woman who's been verbally abused by her spouse. Let us not forget that Martin Luther King Jr. used words to change a nation.

I agree with the fact that hip hop has reached new levels with respect to women, violence, and drug use. However, those subjects are not new to music. Go back to Kiss, Guns-n-Roses, Metallica, Twisted Sister etc that spoke of these subjects often ... years ago.

Also, while the groups that I mentioned - as well has hip hop artists do not (by music alone) change policies. Mr. Bennett is someone who did, does, and has the influence to make significant changes. I wonder if he "thought" like this when he was drug czar or secretary of education. The rock groups and hip hop artists aren't writing drug policies and school referendums. However, people like Mr. Bennett are. And that's when the issue becomes a problem.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I thought it interesting and shocking that the statement was made. I see (by this post) that it at least has people talking ... and that's always a good thing. Because "words" CAN bring about change.

"A true champion takes the best from all influences, discards the useless - and forms an arsenal a pure practitioner cannot (without luck) overcome" -- Bruce Lee
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cipher  
Unread
  (#10)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

October 4, 2005, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled
Words from a true jack*ss. He's just backpeddling now by saying, oh, but i meant that would be morally reprehensible. WHATEVER.
Actually, if you had read the article at all you'd see that he's not backpeddling. The "morally reprehensible" part is exactly what he said on the air in the original broadcast. In fact, he said that idea was as "...an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do...".

It's a shame he didn't think that statement out enough not to say it, because the overall point he was trying to make in his diatribe was actually a good one to debate but it'll never get any attention now.
Unread
  (#11)
Lord, Please Bless Us

October 4, 2005, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegula
Quote:
Words from a true jack*ss. He's just backpeddling now by saying, oh, but i meant that would be morally reprehensible. WHATEVER.
Actually, if you had read the article at all you'd see that he's not backpeddling. The "morally reprehensible" part is exactly what he said on the air in the original broadcast. In fact, he said that idea was as "...an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do...".

It's a shame he didn't think that statement out enough not to say it, because the overall point he was trying to make in his diatribe was actually a good one to debate but it'll never get any attention now.
If you really think that his overall point was a good one, you have issues and need counseling...let me retract that for the time being while I ask you this, what was the point that he was trying to make that you think would be good to debate?

I'm not a businessman, I'm a business man!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to greys33  
Unread
  (#12)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

October 4, 2005, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greys33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegula
Quote:

If you really think that his overall point was a good one, you have issues and need counseling...let me retract that for the time being while I ask you this, what was the point that he was trying to make that you think would be good to debate?
Ok, I'd just like to go ahead and make this request now : if you're not going to take the time to read the entire fucking article please do not waste anyone's time with questions regarding it. That said, the point of his diatribe was:

"I was pointing out that abortion should not be opposed for economic reasons, any more than racism or for that matter slavery or segregation should be supported or opposed for economic reasons," he said. "Immoral policies are wrong because they are wrong, not because of an economic calculation. [...]"
Unread
  (#13)
Lord, Please Bless Us

October 4, 2005, 08:52 AM

Where his point may have been good, his analogy was woeful at best.

I'm not a businessman, I'm a business man!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to greys33  
Unread
  (#14)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

October 4, 2005, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greys33
Where his point may have been good, his analogy was woeful at best.
Welcome to the conversation.
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

October 4, 2005, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey_TT600
Aborting ALL male babies would reduce the crime rate by about 90% lol.

That's exactly what I was thinking, no matter how true or false what he said is, if you categorically apply the same logic baby boys should be aborted. Males constitute over 85% of violent crime. The statement was pointless and inflamitory.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B