DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
5 members and 550 guests
beatle, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   My new addition (doggie) to the house (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/my-new-addition-doggie-house-46846/)

jtatooz April 7, 2009 08:49 PM

My new addition (doggie) to the house

2 Attachment(s)
This is Sasha. She's a rescue b/c she tested positive for heartworms. My daughter has her in Florida and is starting the heartworm treatments. I bring her home w/ me June 2 after my visit to my kiddo.
Attachment 11980
Attachment 11979

dv/dt April 7, 2009 08:52 PM

red hair siberian, or siberian mix?

I have a 2.5 year old black and white siberian. husky's are the greatest, be prepared to play with her all the time!! How old is she?

jtatooz April 7, 2009 08:54 PM

She's actually purebred Siberian. She has papers.
She's only a year old.

dv/dt April 7, 2009 08:57 PM

oh wow! shes a really good looking dog, you're def goin to enjoy having her, they're so much fun to play with and they have great personalities.

jtatooz April 8, 2009 06:28 AM

She is a pretty little thing

stacey86 April 8, 2009 07:06 AM

She's beautiful but you're :crazy:!!!

KANEDA April 8, 2009 07:23 AM

WULF!!!... that's a great looking canine!

Nubbs April 8, 2009 07:31 AM

Thats one cute bitch

Stillie April 8, 2009 07:48 AM

:lol: May God have mercy on your soul Jess. :lol:

Go to Petco and pick up a Furminator and a finishing brush. If you don't have a Dyson, invest now. Anything that looks remotely chewable needs to be put out of doggy reach for the next 12-16 months. They dig, alot... If you don't have a yard for her to dig in, then don't shut her in a room until after 2 1/2 years old. She will just try to dig under the door, destroying carpet and padding in the process.

If you want a close look at life with a sibe (sibes) come by the frathouse.

JWZelibor April 8, 2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillie (Post 720284)
:lol: May God have mercy on your soul Jess. :lol:

Go to Petco and pick up a Furminator and a finishing brush. If you don't have a Dyson, invest now. Anything that looks remotely chewable needs to be put out of doggy reach for the next 12-16 months. They dig, alot... If you don't have a yard for her to dig in, then don't shut her in a room until after 2 1/2 years old. She will just try to dig under the door, destroying carpet and padding in the process.

If you want a close look at life with a sibe (sibes) come by the frathouse.

Furminator is a MUST with a Husky

spud April 8, 2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillie (Post 720284)
Anything that looks remotely chewable needs to be put out of doggy reach for the next 12-16 months.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Internat...080911_ssh.jpg

Irish730 April 8, 2009 08:39 AM

I second, third and fourth the Furminator! I have a Chinook (similar to a husky) and good GOD the shedding can be crazy.

Also by lint rollers in bulk - seriously. One in the car, one at your desk, several at home. Trust me.

That said....she's a beautiful dog - congrats!

Stillie April 8, 2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud (Post 720308)

Accurate but that wouldn't keep fur off the couches. :lol:

jtatooz April 8, 2009 09:31 AM

Yes, I know all about them and yes!!! the furminator is a must. Dyson has been on my wish list FOREVER!!
I know all about the shedding, I lived in a house w/ three huskies, a boxer mix and a collie mix along with three cats. None of these animals were mine!

Stillie, thanks for your advice, when I'm not at home, she'll be crated. She'll get plenty of play time with my 1.5yr old Jack Russell Terrier! I'm glad I don't have breakables in my house! She will also be walked three times a day and the dog park will know us well this year!!!

Abrasive April 8, 2009 09:59 AM

I don't have any experience with that breed, but my 2 Australian shepherds combined with a poor quality carpet repeatedly killed our "animal(pet version) dyson." That was with me vacuuming 1-2 times a week to stay on top of it and constantly cleaning the roller. If you go with a dyson, i'd recommended bed bath and beyond... you can just walk in with a broken one and exchange it for a brand new one if you have the reciept. We've gone through about 3 of them. (we've since moved and have a higher quality carpet so not as much of an issue)

Great looking dog.