DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
1 members and 544 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
My political rant
Unread
  (#1)
Give me the Ban Button!

My political rant - September 24, 2008, 11:14 AM

I just received this in an email and figured I would post it here for everybody to read. Im sure some of you will jump all over it with your bureaucratic bull shit and all you foresight on what can come in the coming years and how we as a nation have let this stuff happen to us. Feel free to post as you want. this is a discussion board that is open to every bodies opinions. please try to keep the name calling of other members to a minimum and don't take it personal if somebody doesn't agree with you. However feel free to call presidential candidates over the hill wind bags and dirty sluts from the north

Change ... Change Change!!!!!!!!!!

Not long ago I read a joke ... It said all the politicians running for president are promising change to the American people. We send them billions and billions of tax dollars and they send us the change.

Funny?

Not really; there is too much truth in it to be funny.

That got me to thinking ... They all promise change. How about if they run on a promise of restoration rather than change. A restoration that would take us back in time to a place where things ran better, smoother and life was more enjoyable. Change? That, in truth, is what they have been giving us all along.

We used to have a strong dollar ... Politicians changed that.

Life used to be sacred ... Politicians changed that.

Marriage used to be sacred ... Politicians are changing that.

We used to be respected around the world ... Politicians changed that.

We used to have a strong manufacturing economy ... Politicians changed that.

We used to have lower tax structures ... Politicians changed that.

We used to enjoy more freedoms ... Politicians changed that.

We used to be a large exporter of American made goods ... Politicians changed that.

We used to be an openly Christian nation ... Politicians changed that.

We used to teach patriotism in schools ... Politicians changed that.

We used to educate children in schools ... Politicians changed that.

We used to enjoy freedom of speech ... Politicians changed that.

We used to enforce LEGAL citizenship ... Politicians changed that.

We used to have affordable food & gas prices ... Politicians changed that, too. ... and one could go on and on with this list.

What hasn't been changed, politicians are promising to change that as well if you will elect them.

When, oh when, is America going to sit back with open eyes and look at what we once were and where we have come and say, enough is enough?

The trouble is, America's youthful voters today don't know of the great America that existed forty and fifty years ago. They see the world as if it has always existed, as it is now.

When will we wake up? Tomorrow may be too late. When will America realize ...
Politicians are what is wrong with America?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

September 24, 2008, 11:16 AM

Agree to an extent but some politicians are the representatives of the people who elected them and therefore are only a tool in the pussification of America.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Mommy's Little Monster

September 24, 2008, 11:17 AM

I dont think it's fair to lump all politicians into the same category, but having said that, I completely agree with those statements.

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
Unread
  (#4)
Que se jodan!!

September 24, 2008, 11:20 AM

Our form of government is perfect until you inject human greed and laziness, i.e. politicians.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#5)
and go

September 24, 2008, 11:31 AM

People can complain but are they pro-actively initiating any change? Fortunately we live in the nation's capital where laws are made, amended, etc. You can always come visit your Congressman/woman here on the Hill. I'll gladly help anyone who wants to come visit.
Unread
  (#6)
Like a clown car on fire

September 24, 2008, 11:36 AM

The people get the government they deserve.

The thread blamed politicians for a lot of things that I would personally blame on the general public...

the general public made marriage no longer sacred by getting divorced more often than not.

The general public goes out and gets abortions, legalizing it forces noody's hand, so the public made life unsacred.

The general public is content with letting the TV and schools raise their kids, and are the same ones that sue the school if their little brat fails at something. If you push your kid to learn, they will regardless of the quality of school. If you dont they will fail regardless.

The General public wants someone to blame for their shortcomings. Politicians give them that. America is responsible for America, politicians are simply the byproduct of our irresponsability.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#7)
Like a clown car on fire

September 24, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwithabike
You can always come visit your Congressman/woman here on the Hill. I'll gladly help anyone who wants to come visit.
and i'll gladly put out a BOLO (lookout, APB) on their shady, biker ass!

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

September 24, 2008, 11:42 AM

Everybody wants to bitch, no one wants to act. That is all.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
What failure looks like

September 24, 2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Everybody wants to bitch, no one wants to act. That is all.
couldn't. agree. more.

Voting isn't the end-all-be-all of being in a democracy! Actively and intelligently participating in the governmental process is.

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

September 24, 2008, 01:23 PM

The problem isn't the politicians, and it isn't the people. I don't even think it has much to do with people acting or not acting.

In my opinion the problem is the process. It caters to corruption, the powerful, the rich. It disenfranchises it's populous, and limits the influence and effectiveness of the people. Look in my past posts.... anything labeled **Political**.

Our system of election is broken. It caters to the wealthy and influential... and we are curious why corruption is rampant.

If the SYSTEM that elects men is based on corruption, monetary influence, and bought legislation from lobbyist groups... what kind of men do you really will suceed in it?

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

September 24, 2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
We used to be an openly Christian nation ... Politicians changed that.

I'll quote the first amendment to the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You're wrong. Our culture has a Christian heritage, however the Constitution is quite clear on our status as a "Christian Nation". You're free to practice any religion you wish here, or to not practice one if that is your choice.

Our Constitution is a brilliant document, politicians are doing their best to bastardize it.

Oderint dum metuant
-Caligula
Unread
  (#12)
ATTN INVESTORS!

September 24, 2008, 02:24 PM

(see here)

<----------

It cannot and will not be stopped. It has happened over and over and is as vital a part of the cycle as any other. It must take place before it can proceed, progress. Change must come from within. That is all anyone can really do. That is all anyone really needs to.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#13)
Retired

September 24, 2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs

The trouble is, America's youthful voters today don't know of the great America that existed forty and fifty years ago.

As a black man, I'd have to disagree with this. America certainly had it's problems forty and fifty years ago.

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Recognized by .net as the #1 choice for poor gays worldwide.

Last edited by DUCURTI; September 24, 2008 at 02:37 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
Give me the Ban Button!

September 24, 2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCURT
As a black man, I'd have to disagree with this. America certainly had it's problems forty and fifty years ago.

Your Black?

Yes America had some real problems back than. fortunately we fixed and are still fixing some of them but have also created a bunch more that are completely different.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

September 24, 2008, 02:50 PM

I think what folks mean is that the verbage of the chain email was to get back to our Christian Conservative heritage... which wasn't all roses.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B