DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 392
1 members and 391 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
My "Step-Out with Team BamBam" Report...or something like that!
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

My "Step-Out with Team BamBam" Report...or something like that! - October 24, 2009, 06:01 PM

So my morning starts out at o dark thirty at Guzzyland. I am to meet Big Steve at our secret undisclosed location at 6:30. I get myself all ready and prepare to leave when I suddenly remember that my neighbor asked me to let his chickens out of the hen house this morning because he and the wife went on a trip to Georgia to see his daughter. So I jump in the truck and drive next door only to remember there are absolutely no lights near or around his pasture. So I aim my truck out there as best I can but I guess the bar was blocking the light because it was dark as hell out there. I mean pitch black. So I enter the pasture and am feeling my way around in the dark as his goats are butting into me. I find the hen house and open the door and let them out. Suddenly I feel a big horse nose on my shoulder. Now friends I don’t want to tell you what it feels like to have a huge horses head on your shoulder in the pitch black. Thoughts of PeeWee’s Big Adventure went through my head as I heard “Tell em Large Marge sent ya.”

Anyways I survived that fright and head to pick up Big Steve knowing I am about 15 minutes late. So I get there and he gets in and we are on his way. I think things are going pretty well, but I’m here to tell you I learned this morning that Steve knows the speed limit on 66 by heart because he made sure to tell me at least a dozen times what it was and that the pedal on the right will help me exceed that and get us there

So we arrive at the Vienna Metro and meet about 20 of the Team BamBam Crew. Nubbs gives me this great Smarttrip card so I didn’t have to pay any fare, so he became my BFF for the day. On the Metro we go and almost the immediately the antics begin. Not me of course but the rest of the group. I think the highlight for me on that ride was when Nubbs decided to explain how somebody had asked him if he was interested in being a Mentor for kids. He explained “Sure I will be a mentor. I will FUCKING teach them to roll joints and do crack, etc”. Seemed admirable to all….well except for the little oriental woman with her eight year old daughter that for some reason immediately after that comment jumped up and grabbed her daughter and exited the train at the next stop just about as fast as I have ever seen anybody get off a train

We get to the stadium and sign in. Meet up with everybody and wait for it to begin. The rain starts to come in bursts of sprinkles and they start having people at the microphone talk and kick the event off. This went on for a while. A long while. The reason I know is because Jtatooz yells, “Lets get going. We are here to walk!!” But we didn’t. Nope just when we all thought we were ready to go they decide to conduct an exercise class. Now I don’t know what was more amazing. The fact that they did this or the fact the people actually started exercising. Well everybody except Team BamBam Members. I think we all just kind of watched in amazement. Jess sat down and pouted in her poncho. Not a happy lady at this point

So we all start walking, and it was really cool because Boomchic brought her mother, who is presently in a wheelchair and a diabetes sufferer, and was determined to push her by herself the entire route. A few of us decided to hang back with our team captain and she pushed her heart out and wouldn’t let anybody take over. I was very impressed and admired her stay with it attitude. I know I would have let somebody help me push. Great Job Boomy! So we are moving along a little slower than the rest of team BamBam, when suddenly out of nowhere Viki & Sara come walking by with Starbuck cups in their hands I asked Viki just what that was about and I believe I was told “A girl’s gotta do, what a girls’s gotta do, but don’t worry Guzz….I won’t smoke until we are done”

So My walking partner Newgirlie and I start getting a little tired from going at the slower pace so we decided to step up our pace a little bit and then hang back and let Boom catch up. We finish 2 miles and I think we are done and Boom and gang catch up about 30 seconds later. I am then informed that in fact we weren’t done, that we had to do the final lap around the inside of the stadium. I really felt bad because I was certain Boomchic had to be exhausted. I know I was feeling it. Suddenly Boom gets this boost of energy from God Knows where and instantly morphed from “Chitty Chitty Boom Boom" into “SONIC BOOM”! She is off to the races with her little entourage in tow. Now we are running to keep up with her. At this point some are saying “Oh just let her go” but friends I have some pride still left in this 45 year old Fat Body and no way I was going to let a girl in pink rain boots, pushing a wheelchair beat me

So it ended and we all grouped up and decided to head to lunch. Off we go with Mr. & Mrs Finch leading the way. They informed us our dining experience would partake at “Good Guys” and that we can walk and save the .75 cents on Metro as it was only 4 blocks. Now I understand I am a bit senile and live in my universe, but #1 that weren’t no 4 blocks and #2 I think it was all UPHILL! So at this point I am dying as Clemsonjeeper drives by in his car just a waving away at us. WITH EMPTY SEATS in the back. Needless to say once we got there lunch was great and I apologize to Tanya, Rob, and the Good Lord Above for the names I called them on the way there. It was probably just fatigue.

Anywho we finished up and headed for the metro. The ride home is a story all to itself and I will let somebody else tell that. As a matter, you may be able to read about some of it on some woman’s Facebook who is running the Marine Corps Marathon tomorrow……..or the police report she filed!

I had a great time. Thanks to Nubbs for paying my fare. Thanks to Big Steve for hanging with me up until he deserted me and rode home with somebody else You guys are GREAT! A bit out of control at time. Maybe next time I will get to lead a Bible Study on the way there, as that was what I had intended to to do this morning but you guys held me down and made me be quiet! Oh well live and learn. Thanks for the Ride DCSBN!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?

Last edited by GUZZ; October 24, 2009 at 06:55 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
Elite Racing

October 24, 2009, 06:36 PM

Great review Guzzy!! Much more detailed than mine....but I've never really been one to tell a good story.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm so tired

October 24, 2009, 06:56 PM

You guys are awesome. I will always remember this day.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#4)
to be continued......

October 24, 2009, 06:58 PM

I should of broke out my camera to get the awesome New Yorker lady on the Meto
Ok here are the pics I hope this works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alot of butts.jpg (512.5 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Boomchic and Mom.jpg (513.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Boomchic and Mom again.jpg (510.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Chris.jpg (499.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg chris 1.jpg (485.2 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Newgirlie; October 24, 2009 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: add attachments
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Unread
  (#5)
Spike

October 24, 2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
We get to the stadium and sign in. Meet up with everybody and wait for it to begin. The rain starts to come in bursts of sprinkles and they start having people at the microphone talk and kick the event off. This went on for a while. A long while. The reason I know is because Jtatooz yells, “Lets get going. We are here to walk!!” But we didn’t. Nope just when we all thought we were ready to go they decide to conduct an exercise class. Now I don’t know what was more amazing. The fact that they did this or the fact the people actually started exercising. Well everybody except Team BamBam Members. I think we all just kind of watched in amazement. Jess sat down and pouted in her poncho. Not a happy lady at this point
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#6)
to be continued......

October 24, 2009, 07:20 PM

More pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greg up on the big screen.jpg (490.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Greg and boomchic.jpg (495.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0963.jpg (491.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0962.jpg (491.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0961.jpg (497.4 KB, 57 views)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Unread
  (#7)
to be continued......

October 24, 2009, 07:22 PM

and more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clemson.jpg (500.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0942.jpg (503.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0946.jpg (489.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0947.jpg (509.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0945.jpg (492.1 KB, 40 views)
Unread
  (#8)
to be continued......

October 24, 2009, 07:24 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0958.jpg (501.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0957.jpg (504.8 KB, 44 views)
Unread
  (#9)
to be continued......

October 24, 2009, 07:54 PM

Unread
  (#10)
Spike

October 24, 2009, 10:28 PM

No one will ever believe I was there, I'm standing just outside of every frame!

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#11)
Brainwash Your Face!

October 25, 2009, 07:39 AM

Excellent write up Guzz! From what I can tell, great pics too! (Our comp has been down so I'm iphoning it)

I won't lie, my legs are tad sore today. My idea of exercise is power shopping for a pair of jeans or drinking & driving w/ the TV remote.

It was great when we were walking the last part blowing past everyone

I would like to find pics or video footage that the Diabetes Org. or the news media took of any Team Bam Bam members

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#12)
Site Owner

October 25, 2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
Off we go with Mr. & Mrs Finch leading the way. They informed us our dining experience would partake at “Good Guys” and that we can walk and save the .75 cents on Metro as it was only 4 blocks. Now I understand I am a bit senile and live in my universe, but #1 that weren’t no 4 blocks and #2 I think it was all UPHILL! So at this point I am dying as Clemsonjeeper drives by in his car just a waving away at us. WITH EMPTY SEATS in the back. Needless to say once we got there lunch was great and I apologize to Tanya, Rob, and the Good Lord Above for the names I called them on the way there. It was probably just fatigue.

1) It was "Good Stuff". Good guys is a strip club.
2) I didn't know you crackheads were WALKING there. I thought you were walking to the metro stop and taking the metro to the close stop by Good Stuff. I could have told you it was just a wee bit farther than 4 blocks.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#13)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

October 25, 2009, 12:50 PM

Nice write up, I'm sure the Diabetes Foundation appreciated you guys efforts.

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
Unread
  (#14)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 25, 2009, 05:39 PM

My pcitures... And I lied, I smoked before the end .

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#15)
Spike

October 25, 2009, 06:14 PM

Sara and I are scheming to win the entire race and not waste a calorie!!!

That is a GREAT pic of Tanya and Mike

Viki, shame on you for smoking before the end!!!