DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 578
2 members and 576 guests
davidcycle, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Your dirty Uncle

October 26, 2005, 10:17 PM

Rules:
1) Must be a daily driver, or at least capable of, preferably able to pass Va state insp.
2) Take picture in "as is condition". Even if it is just moments before the car crusher gets to it.
3) ALL vehicles are eligible, not just trucks.
4) WITNESSES ARE PREFERABLE, not absolutely necessary.
5) Post up vital statistics and or special notes not readily apparent in pictures.

ie:
400k Mi.+
Can not change oil, must add to oil, otherwise excessive oil usage will occur.
Bike in back of truck is worth more than truck. ( Two witnesses available)
Truck can & will bounce after hitting pot holes or large bumps!!!
As it did Tues 10/18/05, straight into the creek, pics for that are not available. FFx Co. PD did not appreciate the humor.
Find a gear, any gear, I dare you- sloppy trans.

Horsepower: NIL, downhill with the wind, maybe 70mph.

Special POS power = ability to do in excess of 50mph without moving more than 10 feet in any direction.

Post up some pics, either you have one, had one, or want one. Don't be jealous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025_21a.jpg (642.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 024_20a.jpg (1.18 MB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 023_19a.jpg (672.0 KB, 43 views)

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...14/1_honda.jpg

" Fire Fire Fire"

David " what happens if you look at them?"
Pokey " I don't know, I've always avoided eye contact..."
David " Hello, my name is David and I turned to stone."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 27, 2005, 05:47 AM

its a ford, what do you expect?

I wish I had pictures of the Pa-snot. (passat)... I would win! The chia-car...

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 27, 2005, 06:18 AM

Its not even green

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 27, 2005, 06:21 AM

the Pa-snot is green on the inside!

Tanya
Unread
  (#5)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 27, 2005, 06:28 AM

Mold does count. Does it run?

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

October 27, 2005, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey
Rules:
1) Must be a daily driver, or at least capable of, preferably able to pass Va state insp.
2) Take picture in "as is condition". Even if it is just moments before the car crusher gets to it.
3) ALL vehicles are eligible, not just trucks.
4) WITNESSES ARE PREFERABLE, not absolutely necessary.
5) Post up vital statistics and or special notes not readily apparent in pictures.

ie:
400k Mi.+
Can not change oil, must add to oil, otherwise excessive oil usage will occur.
Bike in back of truck is worth more than truck. ( Two witnesses available)
Truck can & will bounce after hitting pot holes or large bumps!!!
As it did Tues 10/18/05, straight into the creek, pics for that are not available. FFx Co. PD did not appreciate the humor.
Find a gear, any gear, I dare you- sloppy trans.

Horsepower: NIL, downhill with the wind, maybe 70mph.

Special POS power = ability to do in excess of 50mph without moving more than 10 feet in any direction.

Post up some pics, either you have one, had one, or want one. Don't be jealous.
Sadly enough I have witnessed this truck in action. Not word of it is a lie and I'm still over due for my tetnus shot after riding in it.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 27, 2005, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGULA
Mold does count. Does it run?
Of course it runs, that's one of the requirements. I got the '93 Passat and the '93 Corrado as an even exchange for my 86 Camaro... that should tell you something right there.
After re-assembling the Passat, it was my daily driver to and from Culpeper and/or Centreville. First, one of the coolant hoses burst while going down 66. Fixed that, then it sprung another leak. Fixed that, now the water pump is leaking. It ran like crap last time I drove it, even after a tune-up (although its probably timing or intake or something simple).
The thing has almost 200K miles on it. The interior smells due to the fact that it sat unattended for a year and a half with a leaky sunroof (which still doesn't close all the way). BUT, it IS a VR6... so if I ever got the water pump replaced I might drive it again. The thing does have some umph.
Actually, before I bitch too much about it, it is for sale! Make me an offer.

Tanya
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

October 27, 2005, 07:31 AM

Tanya. You have to be the only person that could apply for a mechanics job and when they ask for a resume of experience you just hand them a list of all the cars you have owened

Well either that or a driver safety course instructor. I believe you know the curriculum by heart.

"ho Ho Ho Tanya, and what do you want for Christmas little girl?"

"5 Good Driving Points Santa"

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
I am a bitch, so what?

October 27, 2005, 07:39 AM

1984 Toyota Pickup.

Faded Red paint with a darker red cap and red upholstery. 259,000 miles (when I stopped driving it, now it has close to 300,000). Speedo not working, Tach sticks at 3,000 rpms. Door locks not working, no interior lights, windows don't roll down. Makes all sorts of noise, exhaust leaks AND it has no CD player.

I wish I had pictures of it. It was my daily driver for a few years, now its my son's truck. I do have witnesses though.... I know people on the board saw me drive it and if I remember correctly Alex (Spud) drove it once.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge

October 27, 2005, 09:34 AM

The body of my truck looks fine, it's the underside that is crap.
It now has only about 80,000miles.

February-Replaced driveshaft

July-A/C fixed again

September-Failed VA inspection, had to get a new rear U-joint and front tie rods. Amazing I even made it to or back from Barber in August.

October-Enroute to Daytona the exhaust pipe breaks (rust through) just in front of the muffler. Now I have genuine redneck exhaust noise.

And the thing is, the only time I ever drive it is to and from racetracks.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#11)
opossum puncher

October 27, 2005, 09:39 AM

Gotta find pics of my 86 Ford BroncoII, bout 200K miles, in 2 wrecks so i chopped the fenders (straight from the wheel well to the front) had a 2x6 wood front bumper (complete with fog lights drilled in to the board) red rustolium spots where I had sanded off the rust, on a two tone brown exterior. Melted tail lights (a cabin where I parked caught fire, melted the lights and bubbled the paint on the rear of the truck) black painted 5 spoke 'star' style rims (all rims were different) and camber problems (would slump so that the font end was about a foot off the ground while immoble and would raise to 'bout 3 1/2 feet when running) eventually the front spring perch would rust through on a drive home and the front right was draggin on the ground for the last half mile. Had a glasspack muffler which was louder than crap. Broken speedo and miss-aligned trans (dont jump that truck, it dosent fare well) and the brake valve was toast so when braking one plus wheels would lock, fun part was you would never know which one would. Friends couldnt believe I drove that thing, or that I survived it for almost two years. Ohhh yea and the seat had a broken bracket so you automatically had the pimp lean! Still I miss that truck.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#12)
Groundhogs can play dead

October 27, 2005, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
Gotta find pics of my 86 Ford BroncoII, bout 200K miles, in 2 wrecks so i chopped the fenders (straight from the wheel well to the front) had a 2x6 wood front bumper (complete with fog lights drilled in to the board) red rustolium spots where I had sanded off the rust, on a two tone brown exterior. Melted tail lights (a cabin where I parked caught fire, melted the lights and bubbled the paint on the rear of the truck) black painted 5 spoke 'star' style rims (all rims were different) and camber problems (would slump so that the font end was about a foot off the ground while immoble and would raise to 'bout 3 1/2 feet when running) eventually the front spring perch would rust through on a drive home and the front right was draggin on the ground for the last half mile. Had a glasspack muffler which was louder than crap. Broken speedo and miss-aligned trans (dont jump that truck, it dosent fare well) and the brake valve was toast so when braking one plus wheels would lock, fun part was you would never know which one would. Friends couldnt believe I drove that thing, or that I survived it for almost two years. Ohhh yea and the seat had a broken bracket so you automatically had the pimp lean! Still I miss that truck.

YOU WIN!

Tanya
Unread
  (#13)
Retired to most ...

October 27, 2005, 09:44 AM

We later painted it orange to match that hat and put 42 inch tires on it.

The thing had a 350 in it that ate more oil then I dunno what.

About a month after the lift/paint/tires work was done I dropped the transmission in it on the way to work at the oil rigs. I knew it was bad when I could tap the tranny pan and hear all the broken parts move around!!!!

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
Unread
  (#14)
You meet the nicest

October 27, 2005, 09:46 AM

Here's a sort of relevant story:

http://superbikeplanet.com/f005.htm

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#15)
Retired to most ...

October 27, 2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKDBLD
Here's a sort of relevant story:

http://superbikeplanet.com/f005.htm
Ahhhh the birth of auto cross!!!

By the way, cruise control was the best way to win at bracket racing in CO till they banned it's use. Used to make $1500 a weekend sometimes doin 70 mph down the strip on cruise control!!!!!