DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 289
2 members and 287 guests
Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Need a good Service/Speed Shop in Northern VA
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

Need a good Service/Speed Shop in Northern VA - January 23, 2007, 11:15 AM

I'm upgrading my rotors and calipers on my mustang (I have the parts) and I'm looking for a good place to have the labor done.

I called Springfield Motorsport (specializing in mustangs) hoping that they could do the labor and I got attitude and was spoken to in a way that was more than unacceptable.

Any good shops out there that would actually appreciate my business and would do quality work? Any help is much appreciated.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#2)
Still here

January 23, 2007, 11:30 AM

Excessive Motorsports
703-331-1422

Ask for Torey, tell him I told you to call (Jenn, or Gidget, or Big Red...he'll know who you mean)

I won't go anywhere else!

Excessive is only Mustangs, and Lightnings.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.

Last edited by vstargidget; January 23, 2007 at 11:34 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

January 23, 2007, 11:32 AM

If I remember correctly n20 here on the board works in a shop...might want to try him.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Licensed Rider

January 23, 2007, 12:21 PM

Thanks. I appreciate all the feedback.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750  
Unread
  (#5)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 23, 2007, 12:30 PM

There is a place in Falls Church called "Car Doctor" I work for the owners Race team. They do awesome work at great prices. Give them a call 703-560-8870 ask for Charlie he is the owner. Tell him Dan told you to call.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#6)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 24, 2007, 04:36 PM

Hud, do you know who you talked to over at Springfield Motorsports? My uncle is a mechanic over there and has been working in their shop for a LONG time. I can call him and find out wtf was going on.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#7)
Golf Pro

January 24, 2007, 07:25 PM

any shop can do the work. BBK install are super easy imo...i've personally install stoptech, brembo, wilwood, ap racing, alcon.

i say go to a rustang forum and ask a local guy to help. All you need is to buy them a 12 pack.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to EDness  
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

January 24, 2007, 11:48 PM

Or you can stop by The Corral and learn to do it yourself.
http://www.corral.net

http://www.corral.net/Tech/Suspensio...es/CobraBrakes

Or you can swing by sometime and we can knock it out if you really don't want to do it alone. If it's just the fronts it's a piece of cake and can be done in about 3 hours max.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

January 25, 2007, 12:58 PM

You guys are the best. Thanks for all the feedback.

Jenn:
Took your advice and gave them a call. They seemed great and I took them up on their offer.

n2o:
I called Excessive prior to seeing your response... I do appreciate the recommendation.

Sheepdog:
I really appreciate it but Excessive gave me a quote I couldn't refuse and in turn will get my future business. Thanks for the offer though.

JTG40cal:
I cannot say with whom I spoke but Alex answered the phone and I believe passed me on to his father. I told him I had the breaks and politely asked for a ballpark figure on the labor. His nose seemed out of joint that I didn't buy the breaks from him, he asked where I got them (with attitude)... I told him... he made a snide comment about the vendor and immediately quoted me a price of $285 (was the highest price quoted to me yet) and stressed that he wouldn't guarentee the work (again with some attitude). I might have caught him on a bad day... but regardless I don't appreciate as a customer being spoken to that way. I've got plenty of $$$ and lots of mods in the future going to the competition. His shops' loss.

Anyway... regardless thanks for the input from everyone. It's great to have a resource like this group. GROUP HUG.

Last edited by HUD750; January 25, 2007 at 01:05 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 25, 2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUD750
I cannot say with whom I spoke but Alex answered the phone and I believe passed me on to his father. I told him I had the breaks and politely asked for a ballpark figure on the labor. His nose seemed out of joint that I didn't buy the breaks from him, he asked where I got them (with attitude)... I told him... he made a snide comment about the vendor and immediately quoted me a price of $285 (was the highest price quoted to me yet) and stressed that he wouldn't guarentee the work (again with some attitude). I might have caught him on a bad day... but regardless I don't appreciate as a customer being spoken to that way. I've got plenty of $$$ and lots of mods in the future going to the competition. His shops' loss
Hmmmm, maybe John? But, yeah...openly bashing other vendors and not guaranteeing your work does not seem to be the best way to gain new customers. That sucks man, but at least you found a shop you feel comfortable with.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#11)
Licensed Rider

January 25, 2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUD750
You guys are the best. Thanks for all the feedback.

Jenn:
Took your advice and gave them a call. They seemed great and I took them up on their offer.

n2o:
I called Excessive prior to seeing your response... I do appreciate the recommendation.

Sheepdog:
I really appreciate it but Excessive gave me a quote I couldn't refuse and in turn will get my future business. Thanks for the offer though.

JTG40cal:
I cannot say with whom I spoke but Alex answered the phone and I believe passed me on to his father. I told him I had the breaks and politely asked for a ballpark figure on the labor. His nose seemed out of joint that I didn't buy the breaks from him, he asked where I got them (with attitude)... I told him... he made a snide comment about the vendor and immediately quoted me a price of $285 (was the highest price quoted to me yet) and stressed that he wouldn't guarentee the work (again with some attitude). I might have caught him on a bad day... but regardless I don't appreciate as a customer being spoken to that way. I've got plenty of $$$ and lots of mods in the future going to the competition. His shops' loss.

Anyway... regardless thanks for the input from everyone. It's great to have a resource like this group. GROUP HUG.
Make sure you have them flush your brake fluid while you're atit. I HIGHLY recommend Valvoline ABS brake fluid. You can buy a large bottle for less than $8.00.

Very important to make sure that you do that at least once every two years.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

January 25, 2007, 05:31 PM

I got all my work done for my Mustang at AAspeed in Woodbridge on Cannons Ct. They do excellent work. Number should be in the phone book. If not I'll get it for ya.
Unread
  (#13)
Got my Permit

January 25, 2007, 07:40 PM

I second that Excessive Motorsports nomination. Some good guys work in that shop.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey-
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to chuck_0069