DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 546
0 members and 546 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   Need help with benefits at work (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/need-help-benefits-work-22631/)

tfinch July 6, 2006 09:20 AM

Need help with benefits at work

Could you please tell me what your holiday/vacation/sick leave is per year?

I get 10 days. Personal, vacation, sick, whatever. 10 days plus government holidays. I'd like to try to change this so I need a general consensus of what is normal in the workplace.

thanks!

Personal: part of 10
Vacation: part of 10
Sick: part of 10

CFIGixx600 July 6, 2006 09:25 AM

In continuing with my "posting only relevant information" theme -

At Lockheed Martin, you accrue vacation monthly. You get 10 hours per month (when you start out), and at the first of the year, you get 48 to 56 hours of what they call "Holiday Float" time that can be used at any point during the year. At the end of the year, whatever you have left goes away. You also get the major government holidays off (Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, July 4, etc).

*edit: 10 hours per month, not 6.7*

cajen July 6, 2006 09:28 AM

It's my second year at the company i'm with. I get 3 weeks vacation and 7 sick days. i can't accrue tho..if i don't use i lose.

My first year i got 2 weeks vacation and 7 sick days.

cajen July 6, 2006 09:29 AM

p.s. you're way under "benefitted", Tanya.

Nudist July 6, 2006 09:32 AM

10 days sick
10 days vacation
Accumulated Comp time.

birdman July 6, 2006 09:33 AM

26 days including everything (holiday, vacation, sick time, etc) (first year at this company), normally I use those only for vacation and flex time around my sick time
-m

Nudist July 6, 2006 09:33 AM

Bunch of holiday time as well.

Whisper July 6, 2006 09:35 AM

annual leave: 8 hours every two weeks
sick leave: 4 hours every two weeks
all the government holidays

LaoTzu July 6, 2006 09:35 AM

Vacation 3 weeks
Sick Days Unlimited
Floating Holidays 3
Comp Time Accumulated
Flex Schedule Priceless

Now, if I had a sweet gig like Rob, working out of the home... I would be set :)

Brooks July 6, 2006 09:37 AM

I get govt holidays which is 10 plus 15 days of PTO (Paid Time Off) which includes, sick days, vacation, personal, etc. We accumulate the 15 days throughout the year. We don't automatically get 15 days when we first start. Also we are allowed to carry up to 15 days of PTO each year. This goes up after 3 years along with the amount of PTO.

GMU6R July 6, 2006 09:38 AM

Used to work in HR. Used to get 2 weeks vacation which can be cashed out and a week of sick leave. Now, 3 weeks of paid time off, additional week for 5th year then another week for 10th. Paid holidays as well.

Drgnfiend July 6, 2006 09:40 AM

Approx 30 days total, possibly more now that I hit the 5 year mark here with Northrop. This includes Vacation leave which accrues, holiday leave, and this thing they call Alternative Time Off (sick, personal, I don't want to come to work, I haven't accrued enough vacation, etc days).

rdg July 6, 2006 09:43 AM

12 days vacation (I started out with 15 then they jewed us new guys and took 3 away).

10 vacation days, 4 are floaters.

Sick days? Oh yea, that's your vacation days and floating holidays, or your ass is going on short-term disability or unpaid.

LaoTzu July 6, 2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegula
12 days vacation (I started out with 15 then they jewed us new guys and took 3 away).

10 vacation days, 4 are floaters.

Sick days? Oh yea, that's your vacation days and floating holidays, or your ass is going on short-term disability or unpaid.

Did you just say you got screwed, then left a floater and it made you sick... so you went on short term disability?? :)

EduardoSuave July 6, 2006 10:14 AM

- 20 days vacation, can carry over one week a year and I can buy another week.

- 2 'Floating Holidays'

- 1 'Health day' (I go get a physical and they give me a day off)

- Unlimited sick, but after 5 days I need a doctor's note

- 5 days bereavement leave

- 10 Holidays (close to the Gov't holidays)

- 1 day for Home purchase

- 10 hours a month if I do volunteer work

- 4 weeks if I adopt a kid

- 150 hours of paternity (yeah paternity) leave
* so I need a Baby Momma every summer (doesn't need to be my kid tho, cos I'm just going to go on vacation anyway :pimp: )