DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 534
0 members and 534 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Need a Lawyer
Unread
  (#1)
I am a bitch, so what?

Need a Lawyer - November 9, 2007, 11:11 AM

I need a lawyer in MARYLAND that deals with property damage.

Anyone know if one that's good?

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

November 9, 2007, 11:30 AM

I know a lawyer in rockville who is not what you're looking for but may be able to recommend someone. I'll let you know what I find out.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Republicans for Voldemort

November 9, 2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSheDevil

things that bad with the vette?

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#4)
I am a bitch, so what?

November 9, 2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
things that bad with the vette?
Yep

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

November 9, 2007, 03:13 PM

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
I am a bitch, so what?

November 9, 2007, 03:31 PM

Short Version...

Quote:
Here is the back ground info:
Car is a 2003 Corvette Z06 was in excellent condition.
Took my car to the dealership for a service, after the car was serviced the tech took it out for a test drive and was hit by another car. The driver of the other car has taken full responsibility and is willing to pay for the damages. I found out yesterday that the frame of my car has been bent but can be repaired. The problem is that the bent frame will remain on the vehicle history report forever and will kill any kind of resale value.
So my questions are:
What would you do?
Does Md cover diminished value of wrecked cars?
Should I get a lawyer and sue the dealership, or should I go after the driver of the other vehicle or should I go after both?
Does anyone know a good lawyer in Md?
All opinions welcomed.

Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

November 9, 2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Short Version...
I would think that you should also bring in the dealership, V. I don't know MD traffic laws, but many states have comparative negligence statutes in place that divides the liability between the two involved in the accident. Some states also allow you to collect any damages from either one of the liable parties. But you need to find an attorney who knows MD traffic laws.

Celebrate freedom, honesty and excellence!
Unread
  (#8)
Track Ho

November 9, 2007, 04:28 PM

sue the dealership, the have insurance for things just like this

I would strongly advise you to cease talking to anyone but a lawyer

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

November 9, 2007, 04:45 PM

If they fix it, you have first right of refusele to accept the repairs to your standards. Nit pick the repair over and over, whatever you have to do to never see that car again. Just my 2 cents.

I think I'm finally the pussy people always told me I was.
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

November 9, 2007, 04:55 PM

PM Sent.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#11)
Go Team Venture!!!

November 9, 2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:

You might want to post up on Corvetteactioncenter.com. It's a website like .net but for Corvettes. These sorts of things happen all the time and I know a couple of people who have gotten new Vettes out of it. Who was the dealer so I can be sure to avoid taking my Vette there.
Jack

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#12)
PewPew

November 9, 2007, 06:15 PM

sounds like it's time to upgrade to a Viper Venom Edition or a Lotus...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#13)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
November 9, 2007, 07:28 PM

Get lawyered up and do what he says. Keep the coin in a cd and wait for the supacharged one thats coming soon for my.02

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#14)
FJR show pilot

November 9, 2007, 08:11 PM

RRonin, RRsheDevil

Ahhh Crap! I had no Idea the damage was that bad! You donít want the car just repaired, you want the actual cost of replacing the vehicle with one that has not been in an accident, that is the only thing that will make you whole in terms of the law.

In MD (as in Va) there is a way that you can sue for loss of prospective income (I.E. the loss from the future sale of your Vette) so, if you feel that the car is damaged beyond what you will accept no matter what they do to repair it, you should lawyer up and have your lawyer explain that position to them. Donít talk or deal with the shop AT ALL. Anything that you agree to or give to the shop is going to weaken your position for getting your car replacement value.

Now the shop is responsible to you for your auto, the guy that hit your car while under the care of the shop is liable to THEM, do not contact the guy that is at fault in the accident. let the shop go after him for the money that they will be passing onto you. I guarantee THEY have a lawyer to handle this kinda stuff, you should to.

R3d
Unread
  (#15)
I LIKE TO HAVE FUN

November 10, 2007, 03:05 AM

YOU BETTER TELL THE STEALERSHIP TO GIVE YOU A NEW CAR AND HAVE THE PERSON WHO HIT YOUR OLD CAR PAY UP AS WELL!!!!!!

Michael Nikolau Pittas 1981-2007