DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 529
0 members and 529 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
need a little advice please.
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Lightbulb need a little advice please. - July 5, 2006, 12:53 PM

I friend of mine has decided to start a business. I have agreed to partner up. I know some of you have landscaping and maintenance business, we are in the irrigation and LV lighting.

The question: What has been your most effective way to get your name out there and get the customers calling?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Addicted to Cajen food...

July 5, 2006, 12:55 PM

DON'T JUMP!!!!! THINGS WILL GET BETTER!!!! Oh wait, thought this was an intervention thread... leaving now, good luck with the business
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

July 5, 2006, 12:58 PM

time and patience and do really good work. Those that do will tell their neighbors and it skyrockets from there.

You install lawn sprinkler systems? Was thinking of doing it for my house...Cause im lazy and i hate dragging the hose around the yard!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 5, 2006, 01:47 PM

Try the Valley Trader and local papers. Craigslist maybe, Yellowpages.com, also try putting home-made flyers at local garden shops and Giant food, etc.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

July 5, 2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
time and patience and do really good work. Those that do will tell their neighbors and it skyrockets from there.

You install lawn sprinkler systems? Was thinking of doing it for my house...Cause im lazy and i hate dragging the hose around the yard!
Yes but PWC is quite a hike for us. I can recommend an excellent company for down there.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

July 5, 2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
Yes but PWC is quite a hike for us. I can recommend an excellent company for down there.
dude, he's a cop and cops have really big mouths, plus he comes in contact with a large number of people. you ought to maybe at least think about it just for the word of mouth prospect....

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

July 5, 2006, 03:19 PM

OMG dude. THAT was fucking funny!

Hes prob right though..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 5, 2006, 03:26 PM

Exceptions can be made. If you think the cop thing scares me...... Half my family is in some sort of law enforcement. Yeah they talk .....alot of BS if you ask me.
Unread
  (#9)
BE ENCOURAGED!

July 5, 2006, 04:00 PM

Here's some business advice given to me once that I have never forgotten and I credit my success in business to these little words of wisdom:

If a Multi-Millionaire came up to you and told you he can teach you how to make a Million Dollars & a guy who makes $25,000 a year comes up and tells you he can teach you how to make a Million Dollars....which one are you going to listen to?

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#10)
sadly but true...

July 5, 2006, 04:14 PM

Just do something like this....

James Sisouphanh
Founder/Owner
703 200 3797

DCSBN members get 15% off labor!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Sober  
Unread
  (#11)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 5, 2006, 07:11 PM

Along with those flyers and such... business cards & magnets displaying your info. can be helpful. People often stick those damn magnets on their fridges.

"If you ain't FIRST, you're LAST."
"Women who behave rarely made history."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BlondeCaptain  
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 5, 2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

Guzz made a great point and I probably know who said that statement. Let me add onto what the others have said and done.
1) Who is the competition and what are they doing?
2) Can you give people a discount if they refer you to others?
3) Can you do the service for a few people that WILL recommend you and your service?
4) Do you have any incentives for people to pass your name as opposed to someone else?
5) Can you get out of the house and shake some hands and act like your running for mayor until you get the base that you want?

If you can't, find someone that will. I KNOW Guzz has been there and so have others on the board. The rewards of owning your own business are beyond belief but you must take ownership of it. The rest is a tax write off. Now go out there and hand out XS Ener..........ooops, I was getting on my

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog