DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 268
5 members and 263 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, nootherids, RacerX2050, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
need some advice with Human Resources
Unread
  (#1)
ZX6R

need some advice with Human Resources - December 9, 2009, 01:45 PM

about 3-4 months ago my supervisor did something wrong(she was new and didnt really know) and she got caught... my store mgr didnt write her up or anything. mgr just told her that she cant do that, and she never did it after.
my mgr being the bitch she is, she started hating my sup recently. if you dont get along with her well, she will either reduce your hours or try to get you fired. last week my supervisor was fired for what happened 3-4 months ago.. she called HR but they dont seem to care and hr is getting the district manager to talk to my supervisor. she doesnt want to work there anymore but she doesnt want anything bad on her record either.. so i was wondering what she could do or say so hr will actually do something about this. i know you have to give a emploee and warning and write her up before firing someone but this never happened. so do you have any advice? HR's a bitch since they are hired by the company to keep themself from getting sued.

i know couple of people already complained to hr about my store manager. stuff about not getting the raise that was promised when they were promoted and stuff like that.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com

Last edited by ShroomDuck; December 9, 2009 at 01:48 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#2)
BE ENCOURAGED!

December 9, 2009, 01:49 PM

If you are employeed in Virginia she basically can't do anything about it. Virginia is a "Right to Work" state and other than Discrimination issues, you can be fired for any reason without cause.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

December 9, 2009, 01:50 PM

talk to a lawyer
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
TPG og

December 9, 2009, 01:51 PM

Wait, so whose the dbagg...the manager or the supervisor?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

December 9, 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
If you are employeed in Virginia she basically can't do anything about it. Virginia is a "Right to Work" state and other than Discrimination issues, you can be fired for any reason without cause.

What he said.

HR is there to represent the manager not the employee.
Unread
  (#6)
DAS BOOT

December 9, 2009, 01:53 PM

VA is an at will state, but I believe they still have to have a reason to fire you. Unemployment benefits and such get affected by that, i believe...

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#7)
ZX6R

December 9, 2009, 01:55 PM

the manager is the dbag.. the supervisor is a really nice person. everybody loved her thats why we were all shocked to see her get fired. shes really hot too.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ShroomDuck Send a message via MSN to ShroomDuck  
Unread
  (#8)
DAS BOOT

December 9, 2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
talk to a lawyer

+1.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#9)
ZX6R

December 9, 2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER View Post
yeah but dont u need a documented reason to fire you... i thought thats why you have to sign the papers when you get written up. she was never written up for anything since she started working there

2014 ZX14R
2006 ZX636

www.MohawkRyderz.com
Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

December 9, 2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShroomDuck View Post
yeah but dont u need a documented reason to fire you... i thought thats why you have to sign the papers when you get written up. she was never written up for anything since she started working there
that's nothing but fuel for the fire.

if u walk into work one day and ur boss doesn't like your BO - fiya'd!!

u sign the papers jus so when you get dismissed for something unrelated and try to lash back - they can be like see - he/she was a tool. Those papers are also used to counter-act unemployment claims - fucked up ain't it. when you file for unemployment, the company gets the claim - they send those papers and your unemployment is denied because u were a bad employee.
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

December 9, 2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
VA is an at will state, but I believe they still have to have a reason to fire you. Unemployment benefits and such get affected by that, i believe...
AH! That's why some companies insist on writing you up. If they can prove you were fired for disciplinary action or you quit at will in place of being fired and prosecuted, they can have your unemployment benefits denied.

However, No they don't have to have a real reason. if asked they can just say your position was eliminated or it was in the best interest of the company.

The same is true when quitting. In VA it cannot be held against you if you quit without notice. They are not supposed to mention that if you use them as a referral. Good luck with that though

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
Knee Draggin!

December 9, 2009, 02:50 PM

In Virginia you are not allowed to give a negative referral. You have to speak positively of the person. The only thing that you are allowed to say is if they ask if you would hire them you can say no.
Unread
  (#13)
Custom User Title

December 9, 2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie View Post
In Virginia you are not allowed to give a negative referral. You have to speak positively of the person. The only thing that you are allowed to say is if they ask if you would hire them you can say no.
That may be a company policy so they're not sued. As long as what they say is factual, the can say whatever they want.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

December 9, 2009, 03:00 PM

From experience with dealing with our Corp HR department often, they can technically fire you at will. HOWEVER, the reason will justify or negate if you can collect unemployment. So it all depends on what HR uses as the reason for getting rid of you that matters really. If they use some bs to avoid paying unemployment then you may have a case. Talk to a lawyer!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Owner & Creator

December 9, 2009, 03:41 PM

ask Cajun