DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
1 members and 558 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Never take a job that you are hesitant about
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Never take a job that you are hesitant about - August 3, 2007, 09:43 AM

Just like the title says. I took a new job 2 months ago on some blind faith. I knew a little bit about the job, and had no idea the type of people i'd be working with.

All the way up from giving notice at my old job to the last day i didnt feel quite right. But i just shruged it off as nerves associated with a new job. Even though ive never felt that way chaning jobs before.. I tend to be a worrier about a lot of things, so its hard for me to really know sometimes..

Ok after two months at the new job, i know that it was NOT my nerves. The human intuition is a STRANGE thing.

I will say the type of work and the experience I could have gained was awsome. But alas the PEOPLE were NOT. I was warned that it was a unique environment, and it would take a while to get used to the place.. Little did I know did that mean getting used to the people there.

Holy high school clic batman! I dont even remember it being that bad in ACTUAL highschool. I had no place to sit for 4 weeks, and when they finally got a desk for me, it was a piece of shit counter in a corner for everyont to see....

So i would be sitting at one of unoccupied desks for the day and someone would go around to each cubicle and say they were going out to lunch...when they would get to my desk, they would keep on going. I mean seriously. like 8 cubicles the person would ask all except mine.

when a new guy starts at my place, im always sure to include them as much as possible..
Man the attitudes and the rudeness was unbelievable. They would call the fat people fat to their face.. The gay jokes would cross even the line for me.. Cock sucker this, faggot that... I mean, ive been around military for a long time, so foul mouth is no surprise, but this place raised the bar in unprofessionalism..

You see your coworkers MORE than you see your family. If i couldnt get along with folks, it just made it worse for me at home b/c i would be in a shitty mood.

Seriously, no matter how much $$ or work experience, if you dont like the people, it will NEVER work.

Just my vent.

I got a new job that stats on the 13th for even more $$, so that is the only positive out of this situation..

If you feel any hesitation, i would take it seriously. no one likes job hoppers, including myself, but I had to go.

Alex

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
SIN MC President

August 3, 2007, 09:46 AM

damn.. sorry homie..thanks for the intuitive perspective.. gut feelings should never be ignored.

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Officially Addicted to Posting

August 3, 2007, 09:51 AM

Damn, that sucks Alex. Glad it worked out for you in the end.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

August 3, 2007, 09:53 AM

the new job I already have worked with the managers before and i like them all.

the work will be good and more $$ is always nice. So it worked out, but had to go through 2 months of shit to get there..

I just hope other folks learn from my mistake...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Site Admin

August 3, 2007, 09:59 AM

man dude, are u making like 180k yearly now? congrats though!
Unread
  (#6)
Eddie would go ...

August 3, 2007, 10:00 AM

smart move Alex, 2 months well invested.

Some folks don't learn that in a lifetime....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#7)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

August 3, 2007, 10:26 AM

I feel your pain. I'm in my 4th month at the new job. I'll probably cross the 1000 hour line next week easily. Last month I pulled 300 hours. I don't mind working long hours within reason to finish a project. But the stress, hours, and just immense amount of unknown stuff here that you have to go figure out by yourself (Like with the application they wrote) means you will always be spending your own free time trying to catch up.

I've already spoken to a couple of headhunters & have resumes in at Lockheed & Northrup.

Ends up that the people I interviewed with were not really the ones I would work alongside. Oh well. Maybe McDonald's is hiring. DOH!

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#8)
Railin????

August 3, 2007, 11:32 AM

Good insight spud!

-Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8vgumby
Sorry, not all of us bobsledded out of our mother's crotch with a craftsmen tool set strapped to our foreheads.
RIP Eric Wynn (TheIrishGuy) I miss you brother!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Apple  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 3, 2007, 11:44 AM

sucks bro. Are you still on post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

August 3, 2007, 12:23 PM

Absolute truth Spud.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 3, 2007, 12:59 PM

sex addict