DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
0 members and 535 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
New bike-titling question(MD)
Unread
  (#1)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

New bike-titling question(MD) - May 11, 2010, 08:36 PM

I just picked up a ninja 636 last week from virgina, and today i finally had time to register it in maryland. however, when i went to the MVA, they said i cant register it because the seller accidently wrote her name under Buyer Name and scratched it off and put her initials nxt to it. Since it says any alteration or erasure voids this title, the lady said they cant accept it without a notorized bill of sale. The drive for me down there is close to 3 hours (I should make her come up here since its her fault) but i ended up emailing her the MVA bill of sale for her to notorize and mail back. Im annoyed bc the bike isready to go, its supposed to be nice starting tomorrow and its gonna have to sit there until this lady decides to get it notorized. Any other options? How long does it take to order a title?

the lady at the mva was a B**** too, she didnt even let me explain, cut me off while im speaking and goes, next!

This is pic of said bike

Yes its purple but i dont care! Actually its blue, but looks purple sometimes... ehhhhhh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4113.jpg (529.8 KB, 90 views)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

May 11, 2010, 08:47 PM

MVA are STRICT. In the past, there was a lot of cloning so they dont kid around. Any alterations and its not accepted.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

May 11, 2010, 08:52 PM

Which doesnt make sense to me bc they only require a bill of sale to be notorized if the vehicle was sold under KBB. and so any person can get the title and put their name on it regardless...
Unread
  (#4)
Super Moderator

May 11, 2010, 08:53 PM

Yeah...Im not a fan of MVA..Spent 2 hours there the other day..

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a secksy boi!

May 11, 2010, 11:01 PM

1) that's a nice clean bike you got. congrats on the purchase, man.

2) i had to deal with something kinda similar when i bought my bike a few years back. for the notorized bill of sale, we both had to be there and sign in front of the notory. we just went in to a ups store, put the sold price and each signed while the lady stamped it with her details. this could be bad news since you may have to do the same thing. has to be you too cause you'll have to present some form of i.d.

since she screwed up the title, she may have to go to the mva and request a new copy, which is also what the guy i bought mine from had to do.

on a side note, i see you're from EC, and even though i've had problems with every mva front desk, i have found that the mva in annapolis is both quicker and nicer. every person i've talked to behind the counters are nice, but the front desk is probly trained to be a bunch of bitches. it's farther away, but it's totally worth the drive.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to dwnWrob Send a message via AIM to dwnWrob  
Unread
  (#6)
Banned

May 11, 2010, 11:06 PM

i think this coulda made the sportbike forum
Unread
  (#7)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

May 12, 2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnWrob View Post
1) that's a nice clean bike you got. congrats on the purchase, man.

2) i had to deal with something kinda similar when i bought my bike a few years back. for the notorized bill of sale, we both had to be there and sign in front of the notory. we just went in to a ups store, put the sold price and each signed while the lady stamped it with her details. this could be bad news since you may have to do the same thing. has to be you too cause you'll have to present some form of i.d.

since she screwed up the title, she may have to go to the mva and request a new copy, which is also what the guy i bought mine from had to do.

on a side note, i see you're from EC, and even though i've had problems with every mva front desk, i have found that the mva in annapolis is both quicker and nicer. every person i've talked to behind the counters are nice, but the front desk is probly trained to be a bunch of bitches. it's farther away, but it's totally worth the drive.
Thanks. I actually had a question bout me having to be present. On the MVA bill of sale there is a location for 2 notorizers. and it says " A second space is provided for notarizng an additional party to the transaction who may not be present at the initial notarization. It is not necessary to require two notaries if one will suffice for all parties" Does this mean that she can get her part notarized and then i can get my part notarized or does it mean that if there is a co-buyer they can get theirs notarized later? She said she knows someone that will notarize it without me there though, so i guuess we'll see.

Thatd suck if she has to order a new title.

Last edited by Riz; May 12, 2010 at 12:53 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
Ton Up!

May 12, 2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter600 View Post
i think this coulda made the sportbike forum
+1 how dare you not post on the sportbike forum, especially when it pertains to sportbikes!!!

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#9)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

May 12, 2010, 07:27 AM

is this how deprived we are of sportbike discussion that this qualifies for being in the sportbike forum.
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

May 12, 2010, 07:31 AM

same thing happened to me at the VA DMV
Unread
  (#11)
I am a bitch, so what?

May 12, 2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
Thanks. I actually had a question bout me having to be present. On the MVA bill of sale there is a location for 2 notorizers. and it says " A second space is provided for notarizng an additional party to the transaction who may not be present at the initial notarization. It is not necessary to require two notaries if one will suffice for all parties" Does this mean that she can get her part notarized and then i can get my part notarized or does it mean that if there is a co-buyer they can get theirs notarized later? She said she knows someone that will notarize it without me there though, so i guuess we'll see.

Thatd suck if she has to order a new title.

No a notary only confirms that the signature is the signature of the person signing. The two notary spaces on the MVA Bill of Sale form is for the confirmation of each signature. It can be done by two separate notaries at different times.
Depending on where you are I can sign for your signature. Just don't sign it before you bring it over. I'm in Frederick, by the way.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#12)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

May 12, 2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSheDevil View Post
No a notary only confirms that the signature is the signature of the person signing. The two notary spaces on the MVA Bill of Sale form is for the confirmation of each signature. It can be done by two separate notaries at different times.
Depending on where you are I can sign for your signature. Just don't sign it before you bring it over. I'm in Frederick, by the way.
Pm sent
Unread
  (#13)
kin
Batman wants my bike

May 12, 2010, 07:00 PM

Didn't read your long post or the replies but your bike looks great, congrats man.

06 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kin