DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 471
1 members and 470 guests
Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#31)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

July 29, 2014, 11:41 AM

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#32)
GP Racer

July 29, 2014, 12:51 PM

I didn't know that there were cameras in Arlington. Where are they?

2011 Z1000
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#33)
Mojito Anyone?

July 29, 2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
I didn't know that there were cameras in Arlington. Where are they?
theres one at the intersection of glebe and fairfax.. it got me once.. fucker.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#34)
no one's blowing up moons

July 29, 2014, 01:45 PM

OK, fine. Now they need to add facial recognition software and start ticketing the facking J-walkers. I wanna see some tickets issued for crossing while on a cell phone and walking out in front of traffic when they don't have the light.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#35)
Licensed Rider

July 29, 2014, 01:57 PM

Come to Qatar, it's a camera nightmare. Every where I turn there are cameras. Most of them are marked so you know, but some in the cities are hard to notice.
Unread
  (#36)
Track Day addict

July 29, 2014, 02:50 PM

When you are not in your own country, obey the laws (even traffic laws) very carefully. You do not want to experience the justice system in most foreign countries.

Dale - 1991 550 Zephyr, 2001 FZ1, 2003 R1 track, 2007 Tuono
Unread
  (#37)
TNT
GP Champ

July 29, 2014, 03:28 PM

DC is definitely classified as a different country for me - no way I want to be involved in that "justice" system in any way. When you can be incarcerated for having a piece of brass, you know that the law is really only what the authorities say it is. Rule of man...
Unread
  (#38)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 30, 2015, 08:42 AM

Sign.....DC...DC....DC....

First do you know that DC has an excess of spending money? how? Well im sure all the traffic cameras had something to do with that...

My GF have Florida tags and park on my block when she comes over.
DC parking is regulated but after abut 8:30pm free for all parking. Before then 2 hour parking limit.

So at 11pm at night they giver her a warning ticket that says she has parked on the block two times in the last 180 days and trying to say she is a residence avoiding switching tags over to DC.... So now she has to goto DMV show that she do actually have out of state bills / rent / mortgage or switch tags or get ticketed or towed...

BUT anyway...thats not what I bumped this post for....

Check this..

DC Council to examine proposed higher traffic fines - Story | WTTG

District of Columbia lawmakers are set examine a proposal to raise some fines for speeding in the city to $1,000.

The hefty fines would go to drivers who exceed the posted speed limit by more than 25 mph. They would be issued to drivers caught on speed cameras as well as those pulled over by police.

Mayor Muriel Bowser's administration proposed the fines as part of its "Vision Zero" plan to eliminate pedestrian deaths in the nation's capital. The administration wants to raise fines for a variety of traffic offenses. Hiking the fines does not require D.C. Council approval.

Nonetheless, D.C. Councilmember Mary Cheh has said the District needs to prove that the higher fines are justified. She will lead a round-table discussion on the proposal on Jan. 8.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#39)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

December 30, 2015, 08:53 AM

Man if DC was as concerned about crime as speeders and parking fines.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#40)
Your Ad Here

December 30, 2015, 08:53 AM

Only a matter of time before people are fed up and being lighting these things of fire.

DC is rubbing their hands together so mightily and got so greedy that they accidentally installed a camera on the Maryland side of the border with PG County last year.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#41)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

December 30, 2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Only a matter of time before people are fed up and being lighting these things of fire. DC is rubbing their hands together so mightily and got so greedy that they accidentally installed a camera on the Maryland side of the border with PG County last year.
Make sure to put a couple tires around the camera so it gets hot enough long enough to destroy the camera inside.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#42)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 30, 2015, 09:28 AM

DC's traffic cameras could reduce deaths if they were more swift, certain, and fair - Greater Greater Washington

DC's traffic cameras could reduce deaths if they were more swift, certain, and fair
by David Alpert • December 22, 2015

This is part 2 in a series on traffic enforcement. Read part 1 on DC's proposed fines.
DC plans to raise traffic fines as part of its Vision Zero plan. But criminology research says that "swift, certain, and fair" punishments work better than infrequent, highly punitive ones. Traffic cameras offer a way to make enforcement work, if done correctly.

Speed camera image from Shutterstock.

Street safety is a big problem, but there's a lot of reason to doubt that raising a fine from $50 to $500, when people rarely get a ticket for the infraction, will actually do much. There's also reason to worry that getting police to make more traffic stops could exacerbate existing racial disparities in traffic stops (aka "driving while black").

However, the status quo isn't the answer either. We need to find ways to eliminate traffic deaths. Is there a way to enforce traffic laws that's "swift, certain, and fair"? More traffic cameras in more intersections could achieve the "swift, certain, and fair" enforcement.

However, DC would have to change a few things; right now, the cameras are anything but swift, and could also be more certain and fair.

Make tickets come faster (swift). Our household recently got a ticket for speeding in the K Street underpass under Washington Circle. We've signed up for automated emails from the DMV about tickets. The speeding happened on October 21; the email arrived on November 5. The paper notice took even longer to arrive in the mail.

This misses a lot of the opportunity to change behavior. There doesn't seem to be a good reason the tickets couldn't be issued much faster, like the same or next business day, and emailed and mailed out right afterward. The consequence of this is that people will have long forgotten what they were doing by the time they got the ticket, and plus, people might get many tickets before finding out what they've done.

Add more cameras (certain). A few spots around the District aren't enough to let people know that speeding or other violations will actually lead to a ticket. Now, it's too easy to just memorize the few places to watch out, like in the underpass, and then speed everywhere else.

Yes, there is a privacy concern with ubiquitous cameras which is important to address, but that's a concern that's already relevant with parking enforcers logging every license plate and other automated readers already out there.

Lower fines and more neighborhood cameras (fair). Hitting people with a little fine many times will do more than one big one. This is a debate the District has had many times before, but it's always been a tradeoff just between lower fines and few cameras, and higher ones and few cameras. More, less punitive enforcement has never been on the table.

The cameras also don't need to be in places like the K Street underpass where there are no pedestrians and few crashes. Those spots only embolden opponents of any enforcement. The cameras in neighborhood danger zones don't make as much money, but they're doing important work to make that neighborhood safer.

Cameras are also more fair because they don't racially profile. As long as police put the cameras equally in black and white areas where roads are dangerous, there shouldn't be a disparity between the rate of offenses and the rate of tickets.

Will any of this happen?

While these changes seem like clear ways to improve a messy situation, there hasn't been the political will to do it.

MPD has added cameras, but slowly. Each new purchase requires long procurement lead times and then the cameras themselves take a long time to deploy. Such things can move faster when the government wants to make them a priority, but that hasn't yet been the case.

The revenue from cameras has gotten built into the budget, and reducing fines would create a budget gap. If DC is raising some fines, that might be an opportunity to lower others, or automatically lower fines as more cameras come online.

In 2012, Councilmembers Mary Cheh and Tommy Wells convened a task force to discuss these issues and wrote a bill to lower fines and dedicate revenue to safety. But Chairman Phil Mendelson modified the bill in a way that eliminated most of the good reforms and even would make streets more dangerous. Mayor Gray ultimately reversed most lower fines in a subsequent budget as well.

Speeding up the notification process is doable. Some councilmembers could start by asking why this takes so long during next year's oversight hearings. Legislation could force a speed-up by setting a short maximum lead time, though this would likely reduce revenue in the short run; it would be best to couple it with other reforms that balance out that effect.

This is part 2 in a 3-part series. Read the next part about a man whose reckless driving killed four people, and whether a long prison sentence is actually worthwhile.

Unread
  (#43)
Track Day addict

December 30, 2015, 10:29 AM

People trying to "eliminate" traffic or pedestrian traffic fatalities are not dealing in reality. The goal is not attainable. Set an attainable goal: reduce traffic or pedestrian fatalities by 60%, then create a plan to get there. There really is no workable plan that can get to a goal of eliminating traffic or pedestrian fatalities. It is just stupid pontificating BS. Anyone setting a goal of eliminating traffic fatalities is assuring that they will fail to achieve their goal.

Some day the technology may get to where we can eliminate traffic fatalities. I hope I never see it as virtually all personal choice in transportation will be gone. Even then, nothing will stop a person from stepping, running, tripping or falling off a curb into traffic and even computers will have no chance of stopping the vehicles in time.

Dale - 1991 550 Zephyr, 2001 FZ1, 2003 R1 track, 2007 Tuono
Unread
  (#44)
GP Racer

December 30, 2015, 12:58 PM

I dont even drive into DC anymore. Crooked ass politicians creating a parking mess with crooked meter maids giving tickets to legally parked cars. Even the local media proved this shit. I cant remember a time I havent been ticketed when parked on the street. Last time I read all the signs parked legally and went to a Caps game. Ticketed my 3 day brand new truck b/c apparently the entire street was parked illegally 25.00 and my dealer plastic license plate thing covered part of my registration stickers up top 125.00. Fuck DC. I dont drive I . I dont give business to them or attend their events sports or otherwise unless I have no other alternative. Fuck Washington DC and its liberal tax happy anti gun backwards thinking bullshit.

----------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7 View Post
So in summary you're a little bitch, nobody believes your bitchass about anything, you look like a bitch, you sound like a whiny bitch and you've probably been a bitch for a long time.

All I want to know, how old were you when you realized you were a bitch? or did someone else have to tell you?

The only thing you can Jocky is the keyboard, so why dont you stfu Bitch

Last edited by Qcslvr; December 30, 2015 at 01:00 PM..
Unread
  (#45)
i suck at the introweb

December 30, 2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post

My GF have Florida tags and park on my block when she comes over.
DC parking is regulated but after abut 8:30pm free for all parking. Before then 2 hour parking limit.

So at 11pm at night they giver her a warning ticket that says she has parked on the block two times in the last 180 days and trying to say she is a residence avoiding switching tags over to DC.... So now she has to goto DMV show that she do actually have out of state bills / rent / mortgage or switch tags or get ticketed or towed...
Same BS happened to me way back in the day when I was dating a girl in VA. Heaven forbid someone that lives in MD spends the night at his girls house 1 or 2 a week. It was a shit show cause they even sent notice to MD that I was taking residence in VA and suspended my registration and license.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!