DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 443
0 members and 443 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#76)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Unhappy October 2, 2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Use Waze
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This....
I live in DC and trust me...its hard as fuck to keep up with the cameras...they like to move them shits around so you cant memorize them...
But Waze is the best option to find them....

If not for waze Im sure i would have paid out about $1000s in ticket.

I was the first car to find DC's new "Stop Sign" camera... I marked it lol.

about $100 or $150... it use to be a standard looking camera...now its way up high on a pole.

Here is the video they sent me with my ticket lol.

https://youtu.be/I_1pwplW0fw

http://youtu.be/I_1pwplW0fw

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#77)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 2, 2018, 12:43 PM

Ill only speak on traffic related things.

I voted for her based on one main item she spoke about.

Mayor Grey was in favor of speeding cameras and was increasing them ten fold. In a meeting he said.... I would put a speeding and stop sign camera on every corner in DC if I could"....

She responded with.... "We can not settle our budget on the backs of our working citizens".... We do not to keep increasing the amount of cameras used in DC...studies have shown it do not make cities safer and just generates revenue.

Once she got into office...she had doubled the amount and now a advocate for more cameras like her predecessor lol.

The council is asking her currently how is this going to slow down deaths by vehicle?

I honestly think if they pointed signs and made them stand out..everyone will stop or slow down. hidden cameras ... you do not know you got a ticket until a week or 2 later.

https://wtop.com/dc-transit/2018/07/...t-punishments/

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#78)
Your Ad Here

October 2, 2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Ill only speak on traffic related things.

I voted for her based on one main item she spoke about.

Mayor Grey was in favor of speeding cameras and was increasing them ten fold. In a meeting he said.... I would put a speeding and stop sign camera on every corner in DC if I could"....

She responded with.... "We can not settle our budget on the backs of our working citizens".... We do not to keep increasing the amount of cameras used in DC...studies have shown it do not make cities safer and just generates revenue.

Once she got into office...she had doubled the amount and now a advocate for more cameras like her predecessor lol.

Exactly.Got into office, and not only lied - but doubled down on the policy and sold out her own people.

https://washingtoninformer.com/traff...neighborhoods/
Quote:
Black neighborhoods are hit hardest by automated traffic enforcement in D.C., according to a recent D.C. Policy Center report.
The analysis conducted by William Farrell, a transportation engineer, used census data to quantify segregation in the city and then analyzed the number of traffic violations and compared it to the number of reported traffic collisions with each area to check the relative issuance of citations across various tracts.
Farrell found that drivers in predominately Black neighborhoods received more moving violations and higher fines though Black and white neighborhoods had similar number of car crashes.
In Black-majority neighborhoods, drivers received double the average number of moving violations per capita, while driver in White segregated neighborhoods receive just one eight of the average, meaning a driver in a Black neighborhood is over 17 times more likely to receive a traffic violation, at the cost of 16 times more per resident, than in a white neighborhood.

Gotta lick that boot, bed wench.
Hell, at one their cash grab was so voracious, they had a traffic camera installed IN MARYLAND. Oops.
https://wtop.com/news/2014/08/dc-pol...-line/slide/1/

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#79)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 3, 2018, 02:15 PM

LOL yeah its funny...when I see where all the new speed cameras are...they are set up mostly in the last regions where black are...NE and SE.

I always wondered....are my people speeding that damn bad? or do we just pay the tickets more often?

I think in the "richer" neighborhoods they would rock the DC boat and start to make calls to see wtf is the camera making safer? I guess. lol...

Unread
  (#80)
TNT
GP Champ

October 3, 2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
LOL yeah its funny...when I see where all the new speed cameras are...they are set up mostly in the last regions where black are...NE and SE.

I always wondered....are my people speeding that damn bad? or do we just pay the tickets more often?

I think in the "richer" neighborhoods they would rock the DC boat and start to make calls to see wtf is the camera making safer? I guess. lol...
Probably also realize that people in the affluent neighborhoods have more resources in time, money, or connections to fight these things more regularly. My wife got a camera ticket on 295 one day, and I requested all the install and calibration data, as well as maintenance logs. Mentioned some more FOIA related inquires, etc so that I could prepare to challenge it in court. I also provided basic error calculations to show their imagery and radar data differed substantially. They never even responded by the deadline, so I just forgot about it. Probably still on their books because they don't even follow their own rules on responding within 6 or 8 months, but of course try to double your fine if you don't respond in some much shorter time.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#81)
Your Ad Here

October 3, 2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Probably also realize that people in the affluent neighborhoods have more resources in time, money, or connections to fight these things more regularly. My wife got a camera ticket on 295 one day, and I requested all the install and calibration data, as well as maintenance logs. Mentioned some more FOIA related inquires, etc so that I could prepare to challenge it in court. I also provided basic error calculations to show their imagery and radar data differed substantially. They never even responded by the deadline, so I just forgot about it. Probably still on their books because they don't even follow their own rules on responding within 6 or 8 months, but of course try to double your fine if you don't respond in some much shorter time.

You have 30 days from the date of issuance to respond. If you do not, they double the fine and add a $55 admin fee.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#82)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 9, 2018, 10:17 AM

To be honest... if they really want to say its to slow cars down....

I can live with all the cameras in current locations..if they make them visible... Not hiding behind trees and bridges as you pass it.

Also speeds never get but soooo high in DC... I was on Kenilworth ave NE DC Friday and waze alerted me to speed camera... shit was hiding behind a bridge. 1st. That spot is a low accident location... no real turn offs for a while... so who they saving?

Schools I can agree with...high public locations I can agree on... but highways...money grab.

Unread
  (#83)
Your Ad Here

October 9, 2018, 05:26 PM

^^^Exactly.

If DC really wanted to slow cars down as a safety measure, then they would simply install speed humps. They first time you take a hump more than +5 over the posted limit, it is something you never forget as your car is vaulted 4-5 inches in the air.

But of course speed humps can't ticket you.

Unread
  (#84)
TNT
GP Champ

October 11, 2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
^^^Exactly.

If DC really wanted to slow cars down as a safety measure, then they would simply install speed humps. They first time you take a hump more than +5 over the posted limit, it is something you never forget as your car is vaulted 4-5 inches in the air.

But of course speed humps can't ticket you.

Install an impulse sensor on the speed humps. If you go over a certain limit, camera snaps picture, BAM - ticket. And the great thing is these speed humps will be 1000x the cost, require maintenance all the time, and send out loads of scam (not valid) tickets to fleece everyone! Hurray!

I'm just sick of the government doing too much to protect me from myself and others. It is necessary, because they have taken away our autonomy and authority to protect ourselves and settle minor disputes without some powers-that-be arbiter. I'm not advocating street justice or anything, but there should be some way for people to police their own communities. For instance, if the people that live on a certain street want to get speed humps installed because of the traffic danger of speeding motorists, they can do so, at their own expense. Ultimately needs to be some limit on what and how many they can install, but let communities solve their own problems in their own way, and we won't need as many federal leeches.

Last edited by TNT; October 11, 2018 at 03:30 PM..
Unread
  (#85)
Railing!

October 11, 2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
For instance, if the people that live on a certain street want to get speed humps installed because of the traffic danger of speeding motorists, they can do so, at their own expense. Ultimately needs to be some limit on what and how many they can install, but let communities solve their own problems in their own way, and we won't need as many federal leeches.
Oh God no. That would be a disaster. You'd have every mommy blogger campaigning for those things in their neighborhoods to "protect their children." Argue against anything that protects children, even if it's a nuisance, and you're labeled some kind of creep. There are a ton of them in my neighborhood, an older pretty quiet development from the early 80s with wide streets, good visibility, and no outlet. Thankfully the traffic studies in the early noughties concluded that there was no need to install speed humps as it's a pretty low risk neighborhood. They're so annoying at any speed. At least the government made the right decision here which was to do nothing.

That said, DC can eat an ever increasing bag of dicks.
Unread
  (#86)
TNT
GP Champ

October 11, 2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Oh God no. That would be a disaster. You'd have every mommy blogger campaigning for those things in their neighborhoods to "protect their children." Argue against anything that protects children, even if it's a nuisance, and you're labeled some kind of creep. There are a ton of them in my neighborhood, an older pretty quiet development from the early 80s with wide streets, good visibility, and no outlet. Thankfully the traffic studies in the early noughties concluded that there was no need to install speed humps as it's a pretty low risk neighborhood. They're so annoying at any speed. At least the government made the right decision here which was to do nothing.

That said, DC can eat an ever increasing bag of dicks.

They can lobby all they want, but city won't do anything it's not doing now. They will likely have to pay for it out of pocket rather than with public coffers. Once you make people open their wallets for what is "absolutely needed," all of a sudden, it's usually not.

e.g., Just look at how many people don't go to the dentist for regular cleanings/checkups, all to save a few dollars in the short term.

If city doesn't elect to put in speed humps, but if a community wants them anyways, they foot the bill for install, upkeep, etc.
On the flip side, if a community doesn't want something, like speed/stop sign cameras, they can get them removed from their neighborhood.

Last edited by TNT; October 11, 2018 at 05:28 PM..
Unread
  (#87)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 11, 2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Install an impulse sensor on the speed humps. If you go over a certain limit, camera snaps picture, BAM - ticket. And the great thing is these speed humps will be 1000x the cost, require maintenance all the time, and send out loads of scam (not valid) tickets to fleece everyone! Hurray!

I'm just sick of the government doing too much to protect me from myself and others. It is necessary, because they have taken away our autonomy and authority to protect ourselves and settle minor disputes without some powers-that-be arbiter. I'm not advocating street justice or anything, but there should be some way for people to police their own communities. For instance, if the people that live on a certain street want to get speed humps installed because of the traffic danger of speeding motorists, they can do so, at their own expense. Ultimately needs to be some limit on what and how many they can install, but let communities solve their own problems in their own way, and we won't need as many federal leeches.

Here is an example of just what you mentioned....and how DC took care of it in the shittiest way...

So on 16th st. NW DC heading to Silver spring MD there is a Jewish Synagogue on a 4 way intersection.

On sandays its hard to cross the street because the cars... They ask DC to put a stop sign so members can walk across the street.

DC decides to install a speed camera instead (and on their property)...
The told DC this do not help, and not what they ask for or wanted.

So DC remove the speed camera off their property and install a Flashing light with street crossing / red light capabilities.

So boom...they got what they wanted.
Not long afterwards DC put the speed camera back....hide it behind a huge oak tree LOL...this time on side walk/DC property ... smh.

Im sure its a huge money maker and they must have found out when it was originally installed.

DC..... for the people.....

Unread
  (#88)
Aqua Velvet

October 11, 2018, 07:50 PM

Gents, are you really surprised at the leadership or lack thereof in DC? The same place that elected Barry 4 times? Only the faces have changed gents, the stupid has not.

I do not live in DC however, everytime I pass through I see exactly what you're talking about. Bowser for re-election?!?!
Unread
  (#89)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 11, 2018, 09:30 PM

sad that she will win easily.

She not even campaigning hard because no competition.