DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 572
4 members and 568 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
New die hard movie
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,106
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Eastern Shore
New die hard movie - February 16, 2013, 11:09 PM

Hey guys i just got out of the theater and was originally excited to see it but towards the end of the movie was horrible and easy to guess what happens next. I liken it to the new indiana jones movie starts out okay but takes a nose dive. I would wait for dvd or netflix for this one guys

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner


99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...
 
turkishexpress's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,997
Join Date: May 3, 2008
Location: Chicagoland
February 17, 2013, 12:44 AM

Good to know. I was wondering if I should go see it.


2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned


I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,977
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
February 17, 2013, 01:13 AM

Good looking out! Looks decent but it's always hard to tell from the previews.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!
 
MudDawg's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,391
Join Date: August 25, 2004
Location: Dulles
February 17, 2013, 11:12 AM

Rottentomatoes.com has it around 15-16%. I was going to go see it Friday, but work interfered. Lucky for me.

60% and it's a maybe. 50% is pushing it. Below that just skip it.


I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
No more 1050 :(
 
drz1050's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,740
Join Date: June 12, 2011
Location: upstate NY
February 17, 2013, 11:19 AM

Bruce Willi will kill you with an EYELASH
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,106
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Eastern Shore
February 17, 2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Rottentomatoes.com has it around 15-16%. I was going to go see it Friday, but work interfered. Lucky for me.

60% and it's a maybe. 50% is pushing it. Below that just skip it.
I don't want to give away spoilers so stop reading now.....




They goto chernobyl at the end of the movie and walk around like everything is okay no suits no nothing. While gun fighting....... I was ready to walk out the theater. ( fyi workers at the plant in Pripyat their can only work 5 hours one day a week each month. The area wont be suited for life for 20,000 years they say. So they go and have a no holds bar gunfight with no suits and walk around like everything is okay that pissies me off)

The best part of the movie for me is when he takes a benz suv and goes 4 wheeling on top of traffic jammed cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner


99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
No more 1050 :(
 
drz1050's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,740
Join Date: June 12, 2011
Location: upstate NY
February 17, 2013, 11:29 AM

...are you trying to say that movies don't depict real life situations??


That's crazy talk!


The James Bond movies though... THOSE are real.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
On vacation
 
RileysDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,977
Join Date: June 17, 2008
Location: Rockville, MD
February 17, 2013, 11:39 AM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!
 
MudDawg's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,391
Join Date: August 25, 2004
Location: Dulles
February 17, 2013, 12:33 PM

I don't mind "suspension of disbelief". That's what movies are all about. (Think Wizard of Oz, etc.)

I've seen plenty of movies where you can drive a truck through the holes in the plot. Sometimes I just want to be entertained. Let's say...."Command" from Ahnold. Not exactly realistic. Except for maybe when hey letting the flowers he's hiding behind deflect the bullets. Doesn't mean I didn't like the film.

But I have a boring, doesn't hold together, no plot, no explosions, etc type of film.


I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,106
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Eastern Shore
February 17, 2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
...are you trying to say that movies don't depict real life situations??

That's crazy talk!

The James Bond movies though... THOSE are real.
Lol im just saying that i like movies that could be o most believable,

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner


99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,106
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Eastern Shore
February 17, 2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
I don't mind "suspension of disbelief". That's what movies are all about. (Think Wizard of Oz, etc.)

I've seen plenty of movies where you can drive a truck through the holes in the plot. Sometimes I just want to be entertained. Let's say...."Command" from Ahnold. Not exactly realistic. Except for maybe when hey letting the flowers he's hiding behind deflect the bullets. Doesn't mean I didn't like the film.

But I have a boring, doesn't hold together, no plot, no explosions, etc type of film.
I hear you but like say with Indiana jones. I know the movies are "suspension of disbelief" but most people hated the crystal skulls when they went for the alien theme.

Im just saying i was on board with the movie and was liking it till that point. Every movie has a deal breaker to them and that was mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner


99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
Stand Collector
 
airjor13's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,869
Join Date: May 16, 2011
February 17, 2013, 04:26 PM

This movie was a massive disappointment, plenty of WTF, not enough ass or tits


899 Panigale
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.