DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 563
1 members and 562 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
New Forum Threads?
Unread
  (#1)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

New Forum Threads? - June 15, 2009, 09:02 AM

Can we get a new forum just for news reports of a rider dying and be able to ignore it? Why do people have to find this stuff and post it up? I understand if it is local but this is getting old quick. Just like last year when every death had at least 2 threads started here. Last thing I want to do when looking for local rides is find threads on bikers dying. Just gives me a warm fuzzy! And if you guys say it is a reminder to stay safe you can eat it! If you need this kind of a reminder to stay safe every time you get on a bike then maybe you should not be riding. I really do not want to think of someone dead every time I throw a leg over the bike. Rant over.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GET SOME ! ! !

June 15, 2009, 09:10 AM

+1

I agree, its been depressing lately

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 15, 2009, 09:11 AM

You know Dodge it is interesting you post this. I had a similar reaction this morning when I was browsing the forums on here. It is like people search YouTube or something to find this stuff. It has become like a fascination or something.

I have to agree with you on this. If you need to view those type threads to stay safe, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate how or where you ride. Just my $.02.

Next...

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
I hate Hybrid drivers

June 15, 2009, 09:37 AM

I'm indifferent about the posting of death related news.

But i think we need a Vintage forum. 1989 and older please.
Unread
  (#5)
TPG

June 15, 2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david636 View Post
I'm indifferent about the posting of death related news.

But i think we need a Vintage forum. 1989 and older please.
+1
Unread
  (#6)
I'm so tired

June 15, 2009, 09:51 AM

People are dying while riding bikes? Do we have a thread for those that die while driving a car but own a bike? What about those that own a bike and slip in the shower and hit their head and drown?

Might as well add an obituary section. Right next to the "What bike should I get" section.

Okay...my rant is over.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 15, 2009, 09:56 AM

While I don't enjoy reading about someone dying....especially when looking for a ride as mentioned by Dodge...

I've never posted up a death thread for an anonymous(sp) rider, but I think that for the people that do, it's a way of grieving IF they personally knew that rider. It also alllows for you to be notified that hey this person died. You may have been riding with that guy for a few rides, shot the shit for awhile, but never really knew them outside of riding. Not that you'd be in tears if that person died, but it would bring some closure if you were thinking...."Hey, I wonder what the hell happened to that guy?...yeah that guy who always rode the red and silver bike...."

Maybe an "obituary" section? Stictly for death posts as mentioned would do it.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#8)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 15, 2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRydr View Post
People are dying while riding bikes? Do we have a thread for those that die while driving a car but own a bike? What about those that own a bike and slip in the shower and hit their head and drown?

Might as well add an obituary section. Right next to the "What bike should I get" section.

Okay...my rant is over.

I think the point for people that post up bike accdents with result of death is that you could possibly end up with a like result as well by the passion that you enjoy.

Depending on how WELL people know you in this community/forum, well that will determine weither or not you get your own thread when you go via non bike related death.

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#9)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 15, 2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRydr View Post

Okay...my rant is over.
Well Myke that brings up another point. When one of the board members goes down everybody is told to hush up and be quiet. Why? Maybe someone on here can help. Matter of fact on wreck that involved an RnR customer everybody was told to keep quiet and I had no idea, if I did I could have saved that person a tow bill of 400 bucks! So where is the line drawn? Its ok to post up stuff about people we do not know but not ok to post up about people we do know?

And I always wear gear while taking a shower!

www.RnRcycles.com

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#10)
Site Owner

June 15, 2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Well Myke that brings up another point. When one of the board members goes down everybody is told to hush up and be quiet. Why? Maybe someone on here can help. Matter of fact on wreck that involved an RnR customer everybody was told to keep quiet and I had no idea, if I did I could have saved that person a tow bill of 400 bucks! So where is the line drawn? Its ok to post up stuff about people we do not know but not ok to post up about people we do know?

To answer your question, when the family and or direct friends of the family contacts myself or the moderators to ask that information NOT be posted, that is when we try to keep a lid on it.

The forum software does not support the ability to "turn off" forums that you see, so this is all pretty much a moot point. Just like NSFW content that gets posted up, if you don't want to read it, no one is forcing you to click on the threads to read them. It's usually pretty obvious from the thread title if it is about someone going down.

We try to respect the wishes of the families of fallen riders over all else.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#11)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 15, 2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
To answer your question, when the family and or direct friends of the family contacts myself or the moderators to ask that information NOT be posted, that is when we try to keep a lid on it.

The forum software does not support the ability to "turn off" forums that you see, so this is all pretty much a moot point. Just like NSFW content that gets posted up, if you don't want to read it, no one is forcing you to click on the threads to read them. It's usually pretty obvious from the thread title if it is about someone going down.

We try to respect the wishes of the families of fallen riders over all else.
Trust me I understand that Rob. I think it is great that you do that. But at the same time I think if it is someone on here we all should know and act like adults about it.

www.RnRcycles.com

Unread
  (#12)
T.R.I.T.D.H

June 15, 2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Today, 06:50 AM

Whatever happened to Alessandro, anyway? He just disappeared the summer of 07.

Quote:
You may have been riding with that guy for a few rides, shot the shit for awhile, but never really knew them outside of riding. Not that you'd be in tears if that person died, but it would bring some closure if you were thinking...."Hey, I wonder what the hell happened to that guy?...yeah that guy who always rode the red and silver bike...."

point emphasized....(not saying the guy died or anything....)

Unread
  (#13)
I'm so tired

June 15, 2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Well...if you cant find it or hear about it here on .net, you can bet your ass that it has already been posted on Facebook, MySpace, Craigslist, Fairfax County Counsel Meeting, or from the shoe shine guy down the block.

Just saying is all. Welcome to the age of electronic gossip.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#14)
unapologetic

June 15, 2009, 02:32 PM

I went on a ride yesterday and almost ate a GIANT shit sandwich in a turn right in front of someone.

OH NO! What section should I post that in?..........

I'm with Dodge. Death sucks and is eventual. I don't want to read about it all the time or I would check out that site ogreish or whatever it's called (is that even around anymore?). If you are posting it up to "show others how important it is to be safe out there", their parents already did a shitty job, how are you going to make them any better?

Put it in a forum called "Depressing Motorcycle Stuff". We can read about everyone's crashes (or almost crashes!yay!) and broken bikes there.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#15)
Groping is a skill...

June 15, 2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
You need to start wearing gear when you have sex!!!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to