DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 521
5 members and 516 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Scot, TTViper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
NFL Upgrades Ray Rice's Suspension to Indefinite - Ravens Terminate Contract
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

NFL Upgrades Ray Rice's Suspension to Indefinite - Ravens Terminate Contract - September 8, 2014, 01:57 PM

Well, the Feminist win. They got their wish.

Her finance starts a fight outside the elevator. Pushes him. He says something inside the elevator and slaps her. Two wrongs on both parties.

She charges at him, and instead of allowing her to get a few more hits in which I'm sure the Feminist believe would be the right protocol, he cold cocks her. Regrettably, she hit her head on a handrail on the way down.

And now the NFL decides to change its already established protocol and rules, and throw him out of the league indefinitely - which no doubt the Players Union will have a field day suing the NFL over.

My view:
They, the NFL, should have just left it all as civil family and criminal matter as they already had. The two game suspension was more than adequate - now they [and the Ravens] have gone bonkers and are kow-towing to the absurdity of media chirpings.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

September 8, 2014, 02:00 PM

Good. F*ck that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
My view:
They, the NFL, should have just left it all as civil family and criminal matter as they already had...
Just out of curiosity, Heist, is this essentially what you thought of the whole Don Sterling affair, minus the criminal part since he didn't break any laws? Do you think the Orgs should stay out of it? What about Vick?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; September 8, 2014 at 02:03 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

September 8, 2014, 02:01 PM

Okay. If I beat my wife on camera and my company found out about it, I doubt I would keep my job either.

See the CEO of the company that was caught kicking a dog on camera in an elevator. Immediate termination.

So you think you should be able to beat your wife on video and keep your job?

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

September 8, 2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Good. F*ck that guy.
This

Heist, I seriously hope you're being sarcastic with your post.

The NFL and the Ravens didn't handle this situation properly from the get go.

Good on them for making the correct decision.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

September 8, 2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Okay. If I beat my wife on camera and my company found out about it, I doubt I would keep my job either.

See the CEO of the company that was caught kicking a dog on camera in an elevator. Immediate termination.

Did the dog bite you first? Then come back after you for a second lick after you kicked it away?

If no, then it was warranted.

If yes, then I understand.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Last edited by Heist; September 8, 2014 at 02:42 PM..
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

September 8, 2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Did the dog bite you first? Then come back after you for a second lick after kicked it. If no, then it was warranted. If yes, then I understand.
Not all dogs are the same.

Ray rice's situation is like him punting a Pomeranian because it's nipping at his toes.

Could it draw a little blood and sting a bit?

Sure

But it's not a fucking wolf attacking him.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

Discord - camelhumps#7702
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a llama again!

September 8, 2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

This

Pretty much any company is going to fire you over something like this. Now I don't feel it should be a indefinite suspension at some point after proving he can manage him self better he should be to apply to other teams.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#8)
Stand Collector

September 8, 2014, 02:24 PM

she still married him, just sayin
Unread
  (#9)
SRWJTS Recruiter

September 8, 2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This pretty much any company is going to fire you over something like this.
They built a statue of a murderer. Ravens just gave into public pressure today; trying to save face. Everybody knew what happened, including the police. There was nothing moral about their choice. "Ray Rice is unemployed today not because he knocked his fiancée unconscious, but because we've all seen the tape of it."

Just like Atlanta Hawks owner, Bruce Levenson. He didn't make a moral decision in "telling" on himself (about a letter that is isn't even really racist). He's just looking for an excuse to sell. NBA bans Donald Sterling for life, but his housing discrimination practices (which are way worse than his comments to his jump-off) happened for YEARS.

It's all about money over bitches.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD

Last edited by ReasonableDoubt; September 8, 2014 at 02:29 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 8, 2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Well, the Feminist win. They got their wish.

Her finance starts a fight outside the elevator. Pushes him. He says something inside the elevator and slaps her. Two wrongs on both parties.

She charges at him, and instead of allowing her to get a few more hits in which I'm sure the Feminist believe would be the right protocol, he cold cocks her. Regrettably, she hit her head on a handrail on the way down.

And now the NFL decides to change its already established protocol and rules, and throw him out of the league indefinitely - which no doubt the Players Union will have a field day suing the NFL over.

My view:
They, the NFL, should have just left it all as civil family and criminal matter as they already had. The two game suspension was more than adequate - now they [and the Ravens] have gone bonkers and are kow-towing to the absurdity of media chirpings.
You are defending what Rice did? He is a piece of trash that got caught on camera hitting his wife. It could have killed her. And you are defending him? Holy shit Heist you just lost any respect I had for you.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

September 8, 2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
This

Heist, I seriously hope you're being sarcastic with your post.

The NFL and the Ravens didn't handle this situation properly from the get go.

Good on them for making the correct decision.
Did you watch the entire video? The full video for continuity?
They're outside the elevator and he's on his phone. She's several steps behind. When she approaches him, she slaps him. Remember, she said in the press conference that she started the entire event.

They get in the elevator together. He probably barks at her "don't try do that again" or "don't try to disrespect me in public" or something along those lines.

She turns with her left arm and throat chops him, and he immediately claps her in the face then backs away to the other side of the elevator putting about 3ft between them.

And he's backing away ... backing away ... backing away.

She gets enraged and charges at him full steam, clearly not to give him a hug or say, "Sorry bae, let's discuss this."

and he's backing away... It wasn't until his back was against the elevator wall. That's when he stoned her.

Shit gentlemen, at what point is a man allowed to defend himself?

I think some of you guys need to take your nuts back from your spouses.

I would never condone domestic violence or hitting anyone, let alone a woman, but there are certain limited circumstances where I can only shrug. The whole you can't hit her because she's a woman only holds water but for so long when you have a woman who wants to get physical.

Backing away from her signals to me he never wanted to hit her in first place.

Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

September 8, 2014, 02:34 PM

It's far worse when you hear a description than when you actually see it. He did only clock her when she was coming back in at him after he had already backed away. It's not like he had anywhere else to go... he'd retreated as far as he could. The only thing I can think of is giving her a big hug until she calmed down or you could at least retreat more. Shitty position.
If you ask me, the "worst" parts were how he treated her after she was down.
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

September 8, 2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
You are defending what Rice did? He is a piece of trash that got caught on camera hitting his wife. It could have killed her. And you are defending him? Holy shit Heist you just lost any respect I had for you.

Read again, Dodge.
I'm not defending him. I'm drawing ire at the abject overreaction by involved parties clamoring for more and more punishment until their lust was satisfied.

They have decided to make him the poster-boy for Domestic Violence,
although if you watch the ENTIRE video you clearly see his Wife was the one who started the altercation and he was backing away from her and trying to stop it from going further when he charged him.

In some ways it's the same shit that happened with the Jay-Z / Solange elevator video last month.
Where were the Feminist? Why weren't they calling for Solange's arrest and imprisonment? Her release from her record label?

Nah, they were all quiet as a church mouse. Not a pip. Some even snickered and blamed Jay-Z.

Oh the hypocrisy is rich and thick with them.

Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 8, 2014, 02:44 PM

Sorry but a pro athlete cold cocking a light weight female after she slapped him is just bullshit period. she could have slapped him till she got tired of it and he still would have not ever been knocked out from it. Someone of his size hitting someone of her size could even have killed her. But I guess its ok in your book.

BTW I have been wrongly slapped by a female before and I did not try to knock her ass out. I just held my arm out and she left. No hitting required.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#15)
I'm a llama again!

September 8, 2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
They built a statue of a murderer. Ravens just gave into public pressure today; trying to save face. Everybody knew what happened, including the police. There was nothing moral about their choice. "Ray Rice is unemployed today not because he knocked his fiancée unconscious, but because we've all seen the tape of it."

Sad truth of it all.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.