DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
4 members and 548 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Richard Cranium

February 11, 2004, 02:24 PM

Ok I have a complaint……I hate the color yellow…therefore anyone posting or using the color yellow in any post is offending me…I would like admin and mods to please delete everything on this site with the color yellow…..I find it a very obnoxious and irritating color and under the policy of this board when something is offensive to a member…it should be taken care of……….OK on the serious side….how stupid does this sound to you…..Im sure it sounds absurd….and it is…this is what we call when a public forum is open for people to discuss anything NON sport bike related…and yet are censored to the point that this forum no longer becomes valid…my case in point…there is currently a thread here locked due to some “future drama” issues….I wonder who has the magic 8 ball to say there will be drama….or how about…what is drama exactly?? Let’s examine this one why don’t we?

dra•ma P Pronunciation Key (drä m , dr m )
n.
a. A prose or verse composition, especially one telling a serious story, that is intended for representation by actors impersonating the characters and performing the dialogue and action.
b. A serious narrative work or program for television, radio, or the cinema.
2. Theatrical plays of a particular kind or period: Elizabethan drama.
3. The art or practice of writing or producing dramatic works.
4. A situation or succession of events in real life having the dramatic progression or emotional effect characteristic of a play: the drama of the prisoner's escape and recapture.
5. The quality or condition of being dramatic: a summit meeting full of drama.
People expressing opinions which by definition is different than “drama” (see above)

o•pin•ion P Pronunciation Key ( -p n y n)
n.
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.
Ok now that we got those two down…lets examine why we have public forms on the internet in which we can express ideas, OPINIONS, and yes…to have DRAMA. Without ideas, opinions and drama, what kind of place would this be to visit….by pure fact…we all have a different opinion, which would lead us to believe that what one would consider drama another wouldn’t? Correct? So in essence, who is to judge what is and isn’t drama…and isn’t pure opinion? After all, that’s why we are here aren’t we? Who recalls posts such as “what bike to buy” “ what helmet to wear””what leathers to buy”?? Im sure you can find a million of them…..so …should we delete these posts because they may be biased in some fashion because one opinion will differ from another? Thus causing this “drama” that we seem to love to hate? I don’t want to get off on a rant here…but come on people….If by the very means of me expressing my opinion on this forum titled “NON sport bike related chat” if I cant talk about something not sport bike related, what the hell am I doing here??? Why is this forum here. IF a thread is started which does not violate a rule or condition of the policy that we all adhere to signing up on the site…then why is such thread deleted at the whim of someone thinking that it can or has the potential to cause “drama” well kids…..Im sorry to say this but everything we say do or post can result in drama….now…will I make an example of this and go back and turn every single post in to a hateful drawn out blast against the person who started the thread? No…why? Because that wouldn’t be the correct thing to do…however I do believe you might start seeing my point here. Bare with me here….As we think about what Rick as created here for us….a forum where local people can get together, talk, express ideas opinions on a fair and unbiased platform. It sucks that there are people who might have the possibility to ruin it by judging prematurely something might go wrong….hmmm what did I just do here…am I guilty of the sin I just blasted? Yes I am…No one is ruining this site……but could I jump to that conclusion and say they are…sure I can…I can assume anything…after all…when you assume you make an ass out of u and me…but hey, that’s what its all about. The main fact here is….if you are going to run a forum….titled “non sport bike related chat” and a non sport bike related chat item is placed inside of such post….what grounds are there for being deleted? Sorry, last time I checked this board supported free speech as long as you did not harm another person, within reason….like I just said, there are many shades of grey in this topic so what one person could conceive as wrong, hurtful, another can see as playful and a joke….hence moderators, administration….yes the great saviors….however, what happens when there is a break down and such methods of controlling what is said is silenced because one feels they should due to the ego of having something cut and pasted from a locked post….hmmmm never seen anywhere you are not allowed to copy something from a post which is in the public domain, that anyone can see, and add a comment to it….hmmm…yet this post is now deleted due to” posts are locked for a reason” when in fact, there was no “reason” for this post to become locked….funny how that happens….so far NOTHING in either thread violates the standards of conduct of this site…..now I do know you cant please everyone all the time…and some people will become offended when certain things are mentioned…but where do we draw the line?? Is it getting so bad that if I post a topic under “nonsportbike related chat” and just type the letter “I” that someone will believe that I might cause drama because the future implications of the letter “I” could result in something harmful? How about we let posts ride out..and when they violate the standards of conduct…that person is dealt with….what use is it to lock a thread, when the entire purpose of having this site is for people to post their opinions on the topic at hand….hmmm…well I believe ive said enough…….to the people who got a headache reading this rant….don’t worry…there wont be another one…look here comes drama under some peoples terms…ive deleted my pic’s, and as soon as I figure out how to delete my membership info I will…I ask the admin of the site to remove me from this site, and remove me from any future mailing lists. Thank you for your time….however I have a strong suspicion this thread will be deleted…and if it is….I can make up a million user names and passwords and just repost it a million times…..ha-ha…sorry had to have a little fun….take care!

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

February 11, 2004, 02:57 PM

JR IS A POST WHORE AND I LOVE YELLOW!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#3)
Super Moderator

February 11, 2004, 03:57 PM

Would it be safe to assume that you dislike this too...

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#4)
Dont remember how to ride

February 11, 2004, 04:30 PM

oh crap.

I'm screwed.

-KimmyB

Owner of one YELLOW vfr & one YELLOW short bus.
Glad i moved out of the yellow house.

sigh.

05 GSXR 600 "Dusty" ... sigh.
00 VFR Interceptor 800Fi

Yellow makes everything faster....

and 's make everything faaabulous.

Don't just show up every day... BRING IT.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kimmyT244  
Unread
  (#5)
FASTER

February 11, 2004, 04:51 PM

Personally I like to see and read about drama. Although i do not like to be in it.
It is the American way to enjoy drama. ie rubberneckers, wrestling, Jerry Springer, real tv

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#6)
Fuzz Runna

February 11, 2004, 05:54 PM

ha ha...Adrian likes Korn....that's yellow too......

so, should we just make this a drama post then? hmm....ok, I stubbed my toe at work today....it was pretty dramatic...with pretty words to go with it....

ok, who's next??

Sometimes in order to live, you must first be willing to die....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ND4SPD Send a message via AIM to ND4SPD  
Unread
  (#7)
Super Moderator

February 11, 2004, 08:54 PM

Your all right. Drama is a part of life. If it wasn't, no one would watch Judge Judy, Jerry Springer, COPS or any of that crap. Everyone even breaks their necks to see an accident on the OTHER side of the road that is just a fender bender! How do I know its a fender bender, I LOOKED! But I believe there is a level of maturity that should be followed. Some people just need to grow up also. Everyone has an opinion. If you threaten someone, that is not freedom of speech - Thats criminal and I have a good feeling that issue would be dealt with accordingly if it ever came up. But doesnt it all boil down to respect? Everyone should respect each other. If you dont like someone, FINE. But at least have a little respect for the person.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#8)
Ummm...yeaaah

February 11, 2004, 10:12 PM

I hate your toe. I also hope that it hurts alot and falls off....a-hole. How's that for drama?

El Zee
CCS MA EX#96
http://www.cornerspeed.net
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EL ZEE  
Unread
  (#9)
Has an idiot exemption

February 11, 2004, 10:17 PM

I'd prefer there was no drama about people's personal lives on a sportbike board.
My life doesn't suck so bad that I need to read about someone else's problems.
If you want drama watch Springer.
If you want to talk about bikes and the good people that ride them then I hope this is the place.
I'm not saying we all have to agree. I just wish it would sorta stay bike and rider related.
I think it's good for us to get out and meet each other.
It helps me understand more about the people behind the posts.
My .02

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#10)
Ummm...yeaaah

February 11, 2004, 10:37 PM

yea what he said......

El Zee
CCS MA EX#96
http://www.cornerspeed.net
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EL ZEE  
Unread
  (#11)
noise

February 18, 2004, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
But doesnt it all boil down to respect? Everyone should respect each other. If you dont like someone, FINE. But at least have a little respect for the person.
Excellent words.