DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
1 members and 499 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
North Korea - Something went BOOM!
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

North Korea - Something went BOOM! - May 25, 2009, 05:54 PM

Ok...SO..North Korea is testing Nuclear weapons after all this time saying, "no were not!"

So..here is the question - WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?! Pass ANOTHER resolution? OOOOOOO! They just made the United NAtions look like a joke. Even by their own statement - "Nothing we have done or propsed has worked." What is the U.N. gonna do? Invade? Bomb? Cut off all trade to them?

I guess heres the real question for all you polical people - what recourse do we have? What is North Korea stand to loose? If the U.N. went full force against North Korea shy of military force? What impact would they actually feel?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Say Jur Oh

May 25, 2009, 05:56 PM

You and I are on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#3)
Stercus accidit

May 25, 2009, 06:26 PM

Who cares about the UN? Anyway from what I heard it was extremely low yield test, the technology to build simple nukes is nothing too complicated, this hardly makes any more or a threat than they ever were. This is just NK acting like a big baby in order to get the world's attention again. Nothing new or surprising, just the world keeps on spinning. Go back to the grill and don't worry about it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Harvey_TT600  
Unread
  (#4)
Playing with toys

May 25, 2009, 06:28 PM

I would estimate that the time for action militarily has passed. They stopped listening a long time ago and will use what they have now to bully nations to engage into a different type of talks on their own terms.

The question is how will everyone respond to them now.

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

May 25, 2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey_TT600 View Post
Who cares about the UN? Anyway from what I heard it was extremely low yield test, the technology to build simple nukes is nothing too complicated, this hardly makes any more or a threat than they ever were. This is just NK acting like a big baby in order to get the world's attention again. Nothing new or surprising, just the world keeps on spinning. Go back to the grill and don't worry about it.

Koolness thanks for the all clear to go back to BBQ ... it was only a 20 Kiloton ... thats chump change in nukes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30921379

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
I don't like you

May 25, 2009, 06:56 PM

Obama will try to talk it out I'm sure

RIP Jeff Vega 10/06/09 You will forever ride on in our hearts
Unread
  (#7)
2 wheels for life

May 25, 2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
+1

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
superdupernunu

May 25, 2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybastard View Post
talk it out/hug it out/bow it out

let's f*cking rage!
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Super Moderator

May 25, 2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:

I dont necessarily have faith in the UN either. My opinion is that they are basically the Red Cross on steroids. But Im kinda suprised about your 'low yield test' comment. Even low yield, its affects still have major effects on surrounding areas and will afftect them long term. The big baby comment I agree with. But if they get away with this, they are going to pull this card out every time they dont get whatthey want. The crying will get bigger and bigger each time. I think the agreement they had is that we would ship them a huge amount of crude oil an other things as longas they promise that they donttest nuclear devices and long range missles- well they broke that and I bet they already got all the oil!

So, what do they import/export? Im sure they use shipping lanes..What do you think Obama will do next? Or do you think another country will do something first? Like JAPAN?! Or even China?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

May 25, 2009, 07:45 PM

Japan will be the next sleeping giant. They have the technology, the people can be polarized into action, and the US military is already established in the area. If North Korea fucks up and attacks Japan, or they irradiate the ocean I could see them going at it. Then again, if Japan attacks North Korea, China might be looking for payback.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#11)
Sick!!!

May 25, 2009, 07:54 PM

We could just drop off a couple of ours for them to test....

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to The Bogert  
Unread
  (#12)
opossum puncher

May 25, 2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybastard View Post

In reality Il is the most unstable nut house with dangerous weapons around. What will it take to make Korea secure, a fing coo. Trade sanctions and war aint gonna do shit but aggravate a skitzo.

We just have to support the new winner.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

May 25, 2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post

In reality Il is the most unstable nut house with dangerous weapons around. What will it take to make Korea secure, a fing coo. Trade sanctions and war aint gonna do shit but aggravate a skitzo.

We just have to support the new winner.
Id have to agree. They are all a couple sandwiches short of a picnic. I know China isnt going to throw them under the bus. But China does realize how bad this situation can turn. Japan is definitely a sleeping dog. I can see someone going over there and bombing some of these factories. Not all out war though...

Its probably going to be another shit talking game. Hopefully, they dont have a "oops" and screw themselves up. Im sure they would rather have all their people die than ask for help..

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

May 25, 2009, 09:50 PM

China was just like North Korea. Now they are our best friend. Not to mention our best friends which we owe a lot of money to.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)

May 25, 2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
China was just like North Korea. Now they are our best friend. Not to mention our best friends which we owe a lot of money to.
Negative on that. China is our biggest enemy. Japan (in that region) is our best friend. As fucked up as things go, and as much as the Chinese owe a welled deserved kick in the ass to Japan for what they did to them; Japan has our back and China has us in their crosshairs.

There is no simple resolution to NK - let them starve their population further and funnel weapons/comms into the region for an internal uprising. Or all out war - which we could win with some big boomers and lots, like lots, of death.