DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 177
2 members and 175 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
North Korea Threatens to 'Wipe Out' U.S.
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

North Korea Threatens to 'Wipe Out' U.S. - June 26, 2009, 11:28 AM

Their posturing and anti-US statements is seriously alarming and this type of rhetoric has not been heard in a long time. It looks like President Obama is dealing with a very hostile North Korea.

I think North Korea smells weakness in the administration and and assessses the US is tired of war. This makes them think they can bully us around.

This is the first time I will have to say we should just totally nuke North Korea. I am sure if it wasn't for China we already would have.

North Korea Threatens to 'Wipe Out' U.S.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009
AP

This 2008 photo provided by The Thai Irrawaddy News Magazine, shows a possible surface-to-surface missile at an alleged North Korea factory.

SEOUL, South Korea North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Burma in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Burma, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.

The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.

Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.

Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.

North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.
South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.

A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.
South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.

Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.

Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.

In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.

South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

June 26, 2009, 11:42 AM

This will blow over like everything else. They are not sensing weakness. On the contrary they are sensing the change in policy and it scares them. In the past 10 years everytime NK postured up the US and their allies either gave them money, loans, or other goods to keep them happy. This time around Obama made it clear that they will not get what they want by threatening everyone and their mothers. NK cannot annihilate anyone. Russia and China have too much to loose now so they are pretty much going to stay neutral. NK is like a little chihuahua that likes to bark...

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a llama again!

June 26, 2009, 11:54 AM

Now that I think about i don't care about this post.

Last edited by Slider; June 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

June 26, 2009, 11:56 AM

A little chihuahua that is about to have a missile that will reach California. and they are not oo far away in the technology to place those nuclear warheads on those missiles

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#5)
Nothing here

June 26, 2009, 12:02 PM

For me, the most concerning aspect of the whole thing is that you have a brain washing mastermind who is undeniably missing a boot, aging and in poor health. He has named his YOUNGEST, most influenced (extremely brainwashed) son for the transfer of power. Strong nuclear capabilities or weak, the fact is they now have nuclear weapons. It is going to get very interesting very soon.
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

June 26, 2009, 12:04 PM

It's something to be concerned about. The leadership in that bizzaro nation all truly believe that the late Kim senior was a sun god (I would love to know how the explain away the fact that he aged and died like everyone else), and they think that lil Kim Jr is a deity as well. You don't ignore a raving lunatic who is waving a gun around and pointing it at people, even if it's only a .22.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
2 wheels for life

June 26, 2009, 12:16 PM

where is Bourne when we need him!

Adrenaline Addict
Unread
  (#8)
Groping is a skill...

Very few countries have missiles capable of reaching the US effectively and NK is not one of them. I doubt they will be allowed in the near future either. Either way he may be crazy but he is not willing to risk his or his heir's throne by starting a nuclear war with a country that is going to possibly shoot down whatever they throw at it and topple it with a thousand nuclear missiles.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#9)
opossum puncher

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, Kim is the most unstable major threat to the US. If he doesn't calm the f down and back off his country is gonna end up a glass bowl. I just hope it doesnt have to happen as reataliation.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#10)
I got a need for Speed!_!

June 26, 2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Very few countries have missiles capable of reaching the US effectively and NK is not one of them. I doubt they will be allowed in the near future either. Either way he may be crazy but he is not willing to risk his or his heir's throne by starting a nuclear war with a country that is going to possibly shoot down whatever they throw at it and topple it with a thousand nuclear missiles.
I agree North Korea poses zero threat of doing much more damage then was done at 9/11 to the US. They have 1-3 nuclear warheads in their possession and little chance currently of building more since they don't have the raw materials.
On the other hand NK poses a very large threat to South Korea, I would not be surprised to see them invade SK at some point just like Sadam did to Kuwait in 1991. The NK military is mentally tougher then the Iraqi's, but they would have supply problems and be pushed back by a combined US/SK military with much bloodshed. At which point we would have to occupy them like we have with Iraq.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#11)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 26, 2009, 01:17 PM

at least we've had the last 8 years to perfect the bombing plan originally designed for North Korea
Unread
  (#12)
SUPERBITCHIN'

June 26, 2009, 01:26 PM

isn't Wipe Out a japanese show?

E che cazzo!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to {SALVA}  
Unread
  (#13)
The last urrbendah

June 26, 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {SALVA} View Post
isn't Wipe Out a japanese show?
Yes. It takes place in Hiroshima in 1945.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#14)
Out of Action

June 26, 2009, 02:02 PM

South Korea is the only country on earth with anything to fear from NK at the moment, due to 30k artillery on the border

China could literally "remove" NK from the map in 1 day.. and someday, they will.

*sigh*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to SLOride  
Unread
  (#15)
TPG - screw face

June 26, 2009, 02:10 PM

what's it matter if they launch a nuke...if it hits...ur post count will go back to 0