DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 458
1 members and 457 guests
nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Nothing to see here...
Unread
  (#1)
Meh

Nothing to see here... - July 1, 2018, 08:22 AM

New Video Shows Officers Waiting in Hallway During Las Vegas Massacre | Fox News Insider
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
TNT
GP Champ

July 3, 2018, 09:00 PM

Video wouldn't load, but this sounds like bait to me. News too slow for Fox? Let's throw out some out-of-context stuff to fuel the specious conspiracy theories.

Even in those Marine commercials with the tag line about running towards gunfire, oftentimes they don't charge in without any knowledge of what the heck is going on, leading to either them getting ambushed, or accidentally being too quick on the trigger.

Maybe, if the video shows the cops smoking and joking, there's a question to be answered, but my guess (again, couldn't load the vid) is that they were waiting until everyone was in position and they got the go ahead based on more prudent tactical doctrine.

Who knows...I'm no expert involving anything of this sort.
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

July 4, 2018, 07:16 AM

Unread
  (#4)
Meh

July 4, 2018, 07:53 AM

I don't necessarily agree that it is just new "fodder".

It is another example of the slow roll of information to come out regarding this massacre and where people were. This shooting went on for about 20 minutes and there are no fewer than 6-12 armed men inside the hotel that are 2 minutes away. Why did it have to wait so long? Why can the LVPD still not get the timeline correct? Why was Paddock's home not secured by the FBI and allowed to be broken into?
Unread
  (#5)
TNT
GP Champ

July 4, 2018, 10:19 AM

I guess I don't know enough about the case and the details of subsequent investigative missteps.

I still think Occam's Razor applies. The media likes to trash the police for "withholding information" when they do it on a daily basis to spin their stories.

At the end of the day, the police have no legal obligation to help anyone, let alone save someone's life. They could be playing Yahtzee in that hallway and wouldn't be legally responsible for not acting more quickly. I do believe that police often do the best they can, going into harms way in uncertain situations, and until I see something really damning, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Sloppy eyewitness testimony and poor control of an ancillary crime scene don't constitute any more validity to conspiracy theories.
Unread
  (#6)
Meh

July 4, 2018, 12:10 PM

I haven't seen the media specifically trash them for "withholding" information. I am sure it exists to some extent, but what I have seen is mostly what I would have issue with as well. Those items are as referenced in my early post:
  • Lack of accuracy in information
    • How is this even possible with stuff when it comes to items like the timeline. Every piece of video footage inside that hotel (which probably has no fewer than several thousand cameras) has world time clock stamp on it.
  • Lack of information regarding the shooter
    • There isn't a place on the planet that has more cameras, facial recognition, or technology when it comes to surveillance, than Las Vegas. Is this all we have at this point is a couple of grainy stills of the shooter going back and forth?
  • Lack of chain of custody on evidence
    • The let the residence of the single largest mass shooter in history be broken into and burglarized after this happened. How is this possible.
  • Lack of witness control
    • Jesus Campo, one of only a couple of folks that engaged the shooter, goes to Mexico after the shooting.
I understand the police are under no legal obligation (settled law) to protect US citizens if that places their own safety in jeopardy. That said, they were within 2 minutes of the shooters room and even just beating on the door and getting behind cover, could have reasonably distracted him and saved lives.

Sloppy eye witness accounts do lead conspiracy theories and the like, but so does the government law enforcement apparently not leading an effective investigation. Whether the fecklessness is deliberative or unintentional, the net result and inference begets conspiratorial roots.