DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
4 members and 544 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Nut Bag Mother Strangles Her Two Kids Because They're "Not Normal"
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Nut Bag Mother Strangles Her Two Kids Because They're "Not Normal" - August 16, 2010, 09:00 AM

I think there's a prenatal amnio test for autism, I wonder why she didn't take it? I know as an African American if I decide to have a baby with an African American or Arabian women we both have to get tested to make sure we both don't carry the recessive gene for Sickle Cell.

If we do, it's almost 100% guaranteed our kid will have Sickle Cell anemia.

The sad / true thing about this is that getting rid of "defective children" was practiced in many societies for 1000's of years.

It was a major financial burden and it's really not fair to the kid because they will never have the capacity to enjoy a full life.

My question of the day for you: What if you were about to have a child and through amnio testing genetic markers came back that the child would have some sort of major defect? What would you do?

Quote:
A woman accused of killing her two young children did so because they were autistic, authorities say.

The Dallas mom allegedly murdered her children on Monday, and made the shocking confession to a 911 operator, according to recordings released by police on Wednesday.

"I killed both of them. I told you," Saiqa Akhter can he heard saying to 911, CBS News reports.

"They're both not normal, not normal," she said during the conversation with the operator. "They're autistic. Both are autistic... I don't want my children to be like that. ... I want normal kids."

Akhter admits during the call she first tried to poison the children with bathroom cleaner, but they wouldn't drink it. She then opted to choke them with wire.

"They are not doing anything," she said, after explaining they were on the bed in the master bedroom. "They are just blue and they are not taking any breaths and ... their heart is not beating."

Police can be heard arriving at the end of the recording.

Akhter has been charged with capital murder of Zain, her 5-year-old son, who was dead at the scene. The younger child, Faryaal, 2, died the following day, which will likely earn her mother a second capital murder charge.

Zain was autistic, Wasimul Haque, Akhter's uncle, told the Dallas Morning News. He had a speech impediment and was undergoing therapy.

"It is very, very tragic," Haque said. "We are in the deep sadness."

It is unclear why the 30-year-old mother thought her 2-year-old daughter was not "normal."

If convicted, Akhter could face the death penalty.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Agitator

August 16, 2010, 09:26 AM

1. There isn't a genetic or any other biological test for autism or autism spectrum disorders...only observational testing after a certain age.

2. They don't do amniotic tests like they used to unless driven by medical need, due to potential complications

3. The fact that autism disorders are such a spectrum of potential impact (from "rainman" to yours truly) and so few people understand the disorders and their impact, I hope to god that such a test (even if it were possible, which is unlikely given it's likely multiple gene and environmental potential causes) would not happen...autism spectrum disorders aren't like cystic fibrosis or sickle cell...you could be totally fine and a "genius" ( mild aspergers syndrome is considered relatively common in extremely good, very successful engineers and only a minor negative), or rendered totally incapable of normal social interaction.

Such a test could (and likely WOULD) result in stupid people terminating pregnancies that would have resulted in the next davinci, Edison, etc.

Personally, and it is personal to me, I find the notion of prenatal testing to enable "selection" of offspring to be eugenic, and horribly offensive, and a huge difference compared to PRE pregnancy screening to determine the possibility of fatal or debilitating syndromes in POTENTIAL offspring from a mating (like sickle cell as you describe, or CF, or the like). What's next, prenatal testing for eye color? Body type? Skin tone? All are easier to test for than autism...how far do you think people would go?

This woman should get the chair, period.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#3)
No Touchie!

August 16, 2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

The sad / true thing about this is that getting rid of "defective children" was practiced in many societies for 1000's of years.
This is still practiced. Look at orphanages in Serbia, Montenegro and multiple other counties (including Russia). When mothers give birth to kids that are disabled, the doctors/nurses push for the mother to release them to the state. At that point, the kids are raised in orphanages where they are tied to a bed for their whole life or have a very crappy outcome all together.

There are multiple Dateline Specials and other stuff about this.

In search of the perfect lap......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sam-197  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

August 16, 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
1. There isn't a genetic or any other biological test for autism or autism spectrum disorders...only observational testing after a certain age.

2. They don't do amniotic tests like they used to unless driven by medical need, due to potential complications

3. The fact that autism disorders are such a spectrum of potential impact (from "rainman" to yours truly) and so few people understand the disorders and their impact, I hope to god that such a test (even if it were possible, which is unlikely given it's likely multiple gene and environmental potential causes) would not happen...autism spectrum disorders aren't like cystic fibrosis or sickle cell...you could be totally fine and a "genius" ( mild aspergers syndrome is considered relatively common in extremely good, very successful engineers and only a minor negative), or rendered totally incapable of normal social interaction.

Such a test could (and likely WOULD) result in stupid people terminating pregnancies that would have resulted in the next davinci, Edison, etc.

Personally, and it is personal to me, I find the notion of prenatal testing to enable "selection" of offspring to be eugenic, and horribly offensive, and a huge difference compared to PRE pregnancy screening to determine the possibility of fatal or debilitating syndromes in POTENTIAL offspring from a mating (like sickle cell as you describe, or CF, or the like). What's next, prenatal testing for eye color? Body type? Skin tone? All are easier to test for than autism...how far do you think people would go?

1- I could have sworn something was developed. I remember last year seeing a torrent of "ethics" questions regarding a pre-natal test that was developed to detect autism. Of course it couldn't pick up the magnitude - just that the markers were there.

And then the question is what level of autism is the child going to have? Is it going to be a light affliction where it causes a person to focus hyper intensely on one topic to the point where most would consider it dangerously obsessive (i.e. your deep thinker/engineer), or is it going to be the complete socially inept, rocking back and forth, unable to communicate to the larger overall world version where it takes a lifetime of caretakers, drugs, special classes, etc. etc.

Who knows? It's rolling the dice and some parents don't want to take that chance.

2- I can cosign the Aspergers. Some of the Sat/RF/Mechanical/ EE engineers I worked with previously, a few of the best were socially awkward/inept and exhibited all the classic signs of Aspergers.

As Prod Dev Manager, I frequently had to be the conduit between the Sales staff and Engineering and found myself purposely and at all times walling off the two because the overly aggressive, open, and uninterested in the mechanics Sales guys didn't know how to handle the Engineering staff and the unique personalities that sort of gravitate to that profession.

It got to the point where I had to grab the SVP of Sales and have a formal sit-down with him and explain what the deal was and that the Gordon Gekko, barking orders, going over my head, I want it NOW! shit had to stop because these guys will "shut down" and go dark until they feel comfortable again setting back our timeline weeks.

3 - Unfortunately, Eugenics in one way or another has been practice for centuries. Medical advances along with DNA has now gotten to the point were indeed we're on the cusp of moving into the age of designer babies where you will have the ability to "turn on" certain genes for hair color, eye color, maybe even build, etc. etc. via in vitro.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
Say Jur Oh

August 16, 2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:

I don't disagree but I think Heist was talking about pre-pregnancy screening, not prenatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

August 16, 2010, 11:03 AM

This disgusts me on so many levels. I agree with everything Marc said... except for the fact that she should never be referred to as a 'mother' and second she shouldn't get the chair, she should be strangled to death slowly with wire.

~Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KumiK Send a message via AIM to KumiK  
Unread
  (#7)
Agitator

August 16, 2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijirou

I don't disagree but I think Heist was talking about pre-pregnancy screening, not prenatal.
An "amnio" test is by definition prenatal not prepregnacy.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

2009 Nissan GT-R
Unread
  (#8)
Say Jur Oh

August 16, 2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
An "amnio" test is by definition prenatal not prepregnacy.
Jeez somehow I missed the sentence in bold. Carry on.

Quote:
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#9)
The last urrbendah

August 16, 2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
New studies indicate that some of the signs are there even as young as 3-4 months.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Agitator

August 16, 2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie

New studies indicate that some of the signs are there even as young as 3-4 months.
Like taking apart a microwave and building a high power microwave directed energy weapon? Or as I like to call it, the "stewie sign"

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

2009 Nissan GT-R
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

August 16, 2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Like taking apart a microwave and building a high power microwave directed energy weapon? Or as I like to call it, the "stewie sign"

I actually went to elementary school with someone like that. His name was Paul Houston (I wonder where he is now). We were in the ORION program together, but everyone could tell Paul was just a half step ahead of everyone.

While we were there learning to program an Apple IIc and make the stupid turtle move around the screen and do thing, he finished the assignment and was over there making the computer "speak" like in the movie War Games! He took apart our kiddie Walkie Talkies and got them be able to broadcast for like half a mile instead of the usual 2-3 blocks.

Unread
  (#12)
isle of man

August 16, 2010, 08:49 PM

wire strangle
Unread
  (#13)
Ton Up!

August 16, 2010, 11:00 PM

Woot! Woot! Post birth checkpoint in certain tribes in West Africa....even being a twin was considered unacceptable and potential witchcraft. Twins in the olden days was almost unheard of

Thanks to thousands of years of genetic scrutiny I am one sexy beast today

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#14)
work released

August 17, 2010, 09:08 AM

Wonder what she considers normal...