DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
2 members and 517 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
NYC for a weekend?!? hotel advice?
Unread
  (#1)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

NYC for a weekend?!? hotel advice? - November 14, 2011, 10:08 PM

Its my wifes BDay and she wants to spend the weekend in NY.... just wondering where we should stay? I told her we can just occupy wallstreet and well have free food free pot and borrow a tent.

So was wondering if anyone knew a decent hotel (moderate price), or where we should stay. Have no clue what she plans on doing there....I do know i Will probably be @ Flightclub the whole time

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

November 14, 2011, 10:13 PM

I have a number of recommendations, but the question I need to ask: What is your budget?
What are you looking to spend per night understanding that staying in NYC comes with an 11%/night lodging tax.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 14, 2011, 10:25 PM

no more than 220 id say

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#4)
YUUUUT UUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH

November 15, 2011, 12:12 AM

Aloft hotel in Harlem is pretty nice, reasonably priced and not far from the trains on either East or West Side. Also the rooms tend to be a little bit bigger than most NYC hotel rooms.

The throttle is on the left side right?

Betty: 09 Ninja 250 (sold)
Green Meanie: 09 Ninja ZX-6R (stolen )
Ruby: 10 Ninja ZX-6R (Team Kryptonite)
As of April 3, in Turn 5:
MARRC Cornerworker

"Hey Cleveland Jr.....Get Bitches" -black Stewie
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

November 15, 2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
no more than 220 id say
Ok. That's going to be tight.
I just checked and NYC is now up to:
+ 14.25% per night hotel
+ $3 night surcharge
+ state (8.875%)
+ city (4.5%)
+ parking garage (18%)
-------------------------------------------------
So before you even park your car at the hotel, you're up to 27.5% in tax + $3 per night.

This said, I would recommend the Holiday Inn SoHo on Lafeyette Street
Holiday Inn SoHo – Chic Downtown Manhattan Hotel
will put you right near the (2) train and in the heart of the Trendy SoHo/Lower East Side Shopping District. Many things within walking distance including Ed's Lobster

Dream in Midtown is a boutique and trendy hotel that I've always liked.
Midtown New York Hotel Packages- New York City Hotel Specials, Deals- Dream NY
They should have lower end rooms close to your price range. Of course being in Midtown, you're right in the pricest part of town so don't expect too many deals.

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of the head that are in the bracket you want.

Sidenote: If you want to really feast on a seafood dinner, go here: Francisco's Centro Vasco: Seafood Restaurant | (212) 645-6224 | 159 W. 23rd St New York, NY 10011
If a woman named Selly (5'9" - Dark Latina. Body like a model) is working the greet & seating chart, tell her Reg from XM sent you.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#6)
Eddie would go ...

November 15, 2011, 01:55 AM

my regular is the W on Lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

November 15, 2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
my regular is the W on Lexington
I like the W on Lex too, but that's not within his budget. A night there is going to run you ~$350 night before taxes (and that was with my Starwoods card). Probably add 10-15% fo for the holiday weekend premium.

However, there is a less expensive W across the river in West New York or Hoboken one of the two.

Oh, which reminds me the Element & ALoft. Look into those too. Element is W's budget brand. Not bad though. Aloft is their - funky/hipster brand. I stayed at the one in Arundel Mills a few weeks ago and my cousin back in BK said they opened one in Brooklyn Heights - which may prove to be a pretty good bargain and only leaves you right across the Manhattan/Brooklyn bridge. 30 minute cab / 20 minute subway ride and you're back in Mid-Town.

Unread
  (#8)
I'm a llama again!

November 15, 2011, 06:45 AM

My wife and i found this place a few years ago when a buddy of mine had his wedding. It is not in downtown NYC it is in New Jersey. If gives you a view of all of Manhattan which is spectacular at night. It also offers free parking in a secureish lot. You have to cab out of the city late night. But the view,price and parking is worth it to us.

Weehawken Hotel Packages: Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Unread
  (#9)
No more 1050 :(

November 15, 2011, 06:53 AM

Fuck driving into the City and paying for parking... take the train up. Sorry, can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel there.
Unread
  (#10)
Give me the Ban Button!

November 15, 2011, 06:54 AM

I have stayed in Jersey a couple times when I have gone up and it just isn't the same as staying on the Island. I love that city!

Sign up for NYC living social and the DC weekend getaways. Be careful to read the small print so you do not get locked out.

Also do not drive up. Take the bus. Both Mega and Bolt run out of DC on a regular basis and it is cheap, Especially since you do not have to pay tolls or parking and you get to sit back and relax.

I might have missed it but what weekend are you looking to go up?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#11)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 15, 2011, 06:57 AM

Im pretty sure she wants to stay on the NYC side, Last time we went we stayed @ my grandmothers in NJ and parked in newark and took the train into the city.

Were debating to drive or take the train from Dc, because were not sure we want to deal with the hassle of a.driving in NY and b.parking in NY ...I know 220 is short for NYC but that's a ballpark ...have to talk to the wife and see what she wants to do, after all its her day.

So many shoe stores for me to go through and I figure I will hit up Kid robot and a few more stores for sales hopefully

nubbs: the weekend of the 2-4 we might go up that thurs on the 1st.

Unread
  (#12)
Give me the Ban Button!

November 15, 2011, 06:58 AM

Which is what?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a llama again!

November 15, 2011, 06:58 AM

If you take the Bolt buss they provide free internet.
Unread
  (#14)
AMA Superbike Champ

November 15, 2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
Im pretty sure she wants to stay on the NYC side, Last time we went we stayed @ my grandmothers in NJ and parked in newark and took the train into the city.

Were debating to drive or take the train from Dc, because were not sure we want to deal with the hassle of a.driving in NY and b.parking in NY ...I know 220 is short for NYC but that's a ballpark ...have to talk to the wife and see what she wants to do, after all its her day.

So many shoe stores for me to go through and I figure I will hit up Kid robot and a few more stores for sales hopefully

nubbs: the weekend of the 2-4 we might go up that thurs on the 1st.

Don't take the train, use boltbus.com

It's like $36 round trip per person, and takes around 4 hours to get there from DC, it's safe, the busses have electrical outlets/wifi, speedpasses so you dont wait at tolls, and drops you off in the middle of Chinatown, or MSG, you pick which stop you want to get off at.

What weekend were you planning on staying there? How many nights? I have a hotel hookup, but i'd have to make sure there's availability, you can stay at places like the W for $89/night....of course you'd have to pay me $100 for the hookup, but you'd still save hundreds. PM me
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

November 15, 2011, 07:41 AM

One of the coolest hotels would be the Carlton Arms

Ye Olde Carlton Arms Hotel
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to